Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tower Shields Against Judgement

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 09, 2009
68
As everyone in the PVP world knows, Judgement is a big killer. I think most of W101 wants Judgement to be lowered in attak power. I don't think this is needed. I think a better solution to this would be tower shields. These cost no pips and protect against any attack. You can fill your whole deck of Tower Shield Treasure Cards instead of buying them with training points.

Like everything in the game, this could be abused. People could spend the whole game hiding behind their shields, however They would have to discard to get it.

What do you guys think about this idea?

-Marcus Legendcrafter LVL 37 LIFE Storm
-Talon Mythcrafter LVL 14 MYTH Death

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
56
Rho170 wrote:
As everyone in the PVP world knows, Judgement is a big killer. I think most of W101 wants Judgement to be lowered in attak power. I don't think this is needed. I think a better solution to this would be tower shields. These cost no pips and protect against any attack. You can fill your whole deck of Tower Shield Treasure Cards instead of buying them with training points.

Like everything in the game, this could be abused. People could spend the whole game hiding behind their shields, however They would have to discard to get it.

What do you guys think about this idea?

-Marcus Legendcrafter LVL 37 LIFE Storm
-Talon Mythcrafter LVL 14 MYTH Death



I think every experienced duelist knows this already. You cannot just rely on tower shields from a training point. The biggest deck only gives you a maximum of four for non ICE. It was easy before to stock up on tower shields when it costs 125 but now that it is redicously priced at 450, you really cant abuse it since eventually you will run out of golds especially when you do a lot of 1v1.

Grandmasters - Storm (Warlord), Death (Warlord), Life (Captain), Balance (Knight)
Magus - Myth (Veteran)

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
45
I think every experienced duelist knows this already. You cannot just rely on tower shields from a training point. The biggest deck only gives you a maximum of four for non ICE. It was easy before to stock up on tower shields when it costs 125 but now that it is redicously priced at 450, you really cant abuse it since eventually you will run out of golds especially when you do a lot of 1v1.

Grandmasters - Storm (Warlord), Death (Warlord), Life (Captain), Balance (Knight)
Magus - Myth (Veteran)
</div>
</blockquote> I'm sorry to bring this subject off topic but i completely agree that the tower shield treasure cards are rediciously over priced.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
174
Indeed, treasure card tower shields become somewhat of a requirement in pvp, especially when facing balance wizards who use judgment as their main attack card.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
72
Rho170 wrote:
As everyone in the PVP world knows, Judgement is a big killer. I think most of W101 wants Judgement to be lowered in attak power. I don't think this is needed. I think a better solution to this would be tower shields. These cost no pips and protect against any attack. You can fill your whole deck of Tower Shield Treasure Cards instead of buying them with training points.

Like everything in the game, this could be abused. People could spend the whole game hiding behind their shields, however They would have to discard to get it.

What do you guys think about this idea?

-Marcus Legendcrafter LVL 37 LIFE Storm
-Talon Mythcrafter LVL 14 MYTH Death
i dont really feel anyone in there right mind would want to take anything from balance judgment is good and power nova and hydra are not so great at hitting someone i dont feel its right that people can go to bazaar and buy weakness tower shields and so much more lol i like bazaar but filling your deck with them its weak playing no matter what school you are fighting if you go to ice and get them then cool i feel there should be no gold cards in pvp none its a fight of your school and the ones you pick to go to scot deathhammer grandmaster fire-balance-master storm-noob myth ;)

Defender
Mar 08, 2009
144
Yeah. As a level 29( in Mooshu ) Warlord i think that Judgement shouldn't be lowered. I just think tower shield( or there could be more shields besides that) should be raised. Here's the thing I got to warlord in one day and i could have done it in 1 hour if it wasnt for the ice guys with their tower shields. I do ALMOST enough to kill them which i dont think is right i should only do 1000 damage or so. Tower shield should be a 70% defense or at least a 60%.

Explorer
May 09, 2009
68
sar82 wrote:
Rho170 wrote:
As everyone in the PVP world knows, Judgement is a big killer. I think most of W101 wants Judgement to be lowered in attak power. I don't think this is needed. I think a better solution to this would be tower shields. These cost no pips and protect against any attack. You can fill your whole deck of Tower Shield Treasure Cards instead of buying them with training points.

Like everything in the game, this could be abused. People could spend the whole game hiding behind their shields, however They would have to discard to get it.

What do you guys think about this idea?

-Marcus Legendcrafter LVL 37 LIFE Storm
-Talon Mythcrafter LVL 14 MYTH Death
i dont really feel anyone in there right mind would want to take anything from balance judgment is good and power nova and hydra are not so great at hitting someone i dont feel its right that people can go to bazaar and buy weakness tower shields and so much more lol i like bazaar but filling your deck with them its weak playing no matter what school you are fighting if you go to ice and get them then cool i feel there should be no gold cards in pvp none its a fight of your school and the ones you pick to go to scot deathhammer grandmaster fire-balance-master storm-noob myth ;)


Well if we don't buy the cards we will get pwned by judgement. Which would you rather lose gold or rank?

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
72
Rho170 wrote:
sar82 wrote:
Rho170 wrote:
As everyone in the PVP world knows, Judgement is a big killer. I think most of W101 wants Judgement to be lowered in attak power. I don't think this is needed. I think a better solution to this would be tower shields. These cost no pips and protect against any attack. You can fill your whole deck of Tower Shield Treasure Cards instead of buying them with training points.

Like everything in the game, this could be abused. People could spend the whole game hiding behind their shields, however They would have to discard to get it.

What do you guys think about this idea?

-Marcus Legendcrafter LVL 37 LIFE Storm
-Talon Mythcrafter LVL 14 MYTH Death
i dont really feel anyone in there right mind would want to take anything from balance judgment is good and power nova and hydra are not so great at hitting someone i dont feel its right that people can go to bazaar and buy weakness tower shields and so much more lol i like bazaar but filling your deck with them its weak playing no matter what school you are fighting if you go to ice and get them then cool i feel there should be no gold cards in pvp none its a fight of your school and the ones you pick to go to scot deathhammer grandmaster fire-balance-master storm-noob myth ;)


Well if we don't buy the cards we will get pwned by judgement. Which would you rather lose gold or rank?
i have went to ice on most of my guys just get towers but to win a good fight you need way more then a towers my friend i have crushed balance with 2 towners and 2 weakness but is so fun when you can buy something and take it to a fight that can help and there is nothing wrong with that but some card should have a cap or to that school only its never fun to see judgment but there is nothing wrong with it scot deathhammer-grandmaster-fire-balance-storm-noob myth

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
49
Proman1355 wrote:
Yeah. As a level 29( in Mooshu ) Warlord i think that Judgement shouldn't be lowered. I just think tower shield( or there could be more shields besides that) should be raised. Here's the thing I got to warlord in one day and i could have done it in 1 hour if it wasnt for the ice guys with their tower shields. I do ALMOST enough to kill them which i dont think is right i should only do 1000 damage or so. Tower shield should be a 70% defense or at least a 60%.


That's ridiculous. Tower shield protects against everything. Why bother with anything from the Fairgrounds or any other shield? That would give Ice the advantage against every school.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
13
sk8gundy wrote:
Proman1355 wrote:
Yeah. As a level 29( in Mooshu ) Warlord i think that Judgement shouldn't be lowered. I just think tower shield( or there could be more shields besides that) should be raised. Here's the thing I got to warlord in one day and i could have done it in 1 hour if it wasnt for the ice guys with their tower shields. I do ALMOST enough to kill them which i dont think is right i should only do 1000 damage or so. Tower shield should be a 70% defense or at least a 60%.


That's ridiculous. Tower shield protects against everything. Why bother with anything from the Fairgrounds or any other shield? That would give Ice the advantage against every school.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer
yeah but balance got all the shield and blades and weakness and reshuffle and many other fight sometime take more than half and hour with balance they keep using weakness and reshuffle wish are annoying
and is they half ice they keep using reshuffle and getting there tower shields back

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
49
13wawa wrote:
sk8gundy wrote:
Proman1355 wrote:
Yeah. As a level 29( in Mooshu ) Warlord i think that Judgement shouldn't be lowered. I just think tower shield( or there could be more shields besides that) should be raised. Here's the thing I got to warlord in one day and i could have done it in 1 hour if it wasnt for the ice guys with their tower shields. I do ALMOST enough to kill them which i dont think is right i should only do 1000 damage or so. Tower shield should be a 70% defense or at least a 60%.


That's ridiculous. Tower shield protects against everything. Why bother with anything from the Fairgrounds or any other shield? That would give Ice the advantage against every school.
yeah but balance got all the shield and blades and weakness and reshuffle and many other fight sometime take more than half and hour with balance they keep using weakness and reshuffle wish are annoying
and is they half ice they keep using reshuffle and getting there tower shields back


You could choose to train Balance spells. I mean, battling against Life takes a long time too, because they keep on healing.

Cassandra StorySmith
Grandmaster Sorcerer