Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tournament Schedule

AuthorMessage
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
For several weeks now, I have been waiting for a Classic 1v1 to show up on the weekends, but it never does. It varies by day and time throughout the weekdays, but never shows up on the weekend. Am I somehow missing those tournaments in the schedule? Is this by design? If so, could the schedule be adjusted to allow some Classic 1v1 to be available on the weekends.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I think that there should be more tournaments in general, not just classic 1v1. There's been several occasions where I've waited almost a week just for a regular 1v1 tournament to come up and it really takes a chunk out of your membership if you want the tournament discount.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Oran of Urz on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
For several weeks now, I have been waiting for a Classic 1v1 to show up on the weekends, but it never does. It varies by day and time throughout the weekdays, but never shows up on the weekend. Am I somehow missing those tournaments in the schedule? Is this by design? If so, could the schedule be adjusted to allow some Classic 1v1 to be available on the weekends.
Classic 1v1s just appear at random times, sometimes they are on the weekends, it just depends on the day. Before the quick match/classic came around I could tell you what tourneys were going on that day and when, without looking..not as much anymore.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Wolf Skullslinger on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
Classic 1v1s just appear at random times, sometimes they are on the weekends, it just depends on the day. Before the quick match/classic came around I could tell you what tourneys were going on that day and when, without looking..not as much anymore.
That's just it. They aren't random. They are different days and different times throughout the week, but they are usually the same days at the same times week to week. They don't "reshuffle."

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Just so I had my facts straight below are the dates that Classic 1v1 has been offered over the past three weeks. I omitted times, since they vary by time zone.

Tues, April 1st
Wed, April 2nd
Thur, April 3rd
Tues, April 8th
Wed, April 9th
Thur, April 10th
Mon, April 14th
Mon, April 14th
Tues, April 15th
Tues, April 15th
Wed, April 16th
Thur, April 17th

As you can see, no Classic 1v1s have been offered on the weekends. In fact, several of the matches this past week have not even been provided due to the lack of players to start the tournament. I suspect the weekends offer the greatest pool of players and would like to see this tournament type offered on the weekends, since it offers a PvP option to the players that are turned off to the notion of being required to have a perfect pet to compete in PvP. I also suspect these are the casual players that probably only play on weekends.