Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tired of unfair matches.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 04, 2009
Why, at level 22, am I fighting, consistently, people 8, 12, 28 levels higher than me?

I'm not understanding the matching system at all.

I'm level 22, and a captain. And up until tonight, I was seven points away from the next rank. But after a few Grand Master of XYZ school fights, I'm barely a captain now and have decided to stop pvping for a while.

Why, as a captain at 22, am I fight privates in the 30's +?

Why am I fighting 30's+ period?

I've been playing a few weeks. No stranger to pvp games. That's kinda why I joined. Could care less about quests or story line.

I just want a fair fight, against someone somewhat close to my level and rank. I'm willing to wait, as long as its fair.

My fights are hard enough as a Balance mage who doesn't have Judgement yet without having to fight an uphill battle every single fight.

In the last 20 matches, I've fought 1 person who was actually below my level. Everyone else was above. 6+ levels more, and above.

I'd like to think I'm a good pvper but levels and gear and more HP make a huge difference.

What's the deal? Are there any plans to fix this? I know this game is only like $10 a month and all and is kinda softcore but the story line is more for younger people, and as an older player the PVP is really the only thing drawing me in.

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
This has been said too many times to count. There's at least one other topic about this on the front page.

PvP matching and scorekeeping should be based on level, not rank. Plain and simple.

Now if only everyone would stop making topics about it...

Survivor
May 26, 2009
AGREED on all points but you missed one.
How in the world can a lvl 10+ character higher than yours cast first in the battle.

OTazMan

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
(6gloria6)ok i reported some one for unfair match and him and his friends reported me for no reason an i got muted it isnt fair

[jackofall1]Why, at level 22, am I fighting, consistently, people 8, 12, 28 levels higher than me?

I'm not understanding the matching system at all.

I'm level 22, and a captain. And up until tonight, I was seven points away from the next rank. But after a few Grand Master of XYZ school fights, I'm barely a captain now and have decided to stop pvping for a while.

Why, as a captain at 22, am I fight privates in the 30's +?

Why am I fighting 30's+ period?

I've been playing a few weeks. No stranger to pvp games. That's kinda why I joined. Could care less about quests or story line.

I just want a fair fight, against someone somewhat close to my level and rank. I'm willing to wait, as long as its fair.

My fights are hard enough as a Balance mage who doesn't have Judgement yet without having to fight an uphill battle every single fight.

In the last 20 matches, I've fought 1 person who was actually below my level. Everyone else was above. 6+ levels more, and above.

I'd like to think I'm a good pvper but levels and gear and more HP make a huge difference.

What's the deal? Are there any plans to fix this? I know this game is only like $10 a month and all and is kinda softcore but the story line is more for younger people, and as an older player the PVP is really the only thing drawing me in.

Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Yeah I was enjoying it, but I was always a private. Some I won, some I lost, but I noticed in the open matches I started losing more so I quit pvp. I suggest to wait until your higher level and to play with your friends, because every time I go on the open one I end up on the wrong team, as in the weak noobs. So playing with high level friends helps.

Oh and also I would do this until they fix the open system based on even level like all 45, for example on one team and all 45 on the other team or close to it. So that why it would be more even if they did this and people will stop complaing.

Regards,

Maryanne, if you fix this KI!

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
me to dont understand why i'm dueling with players more hier then i, they use powerfull spell and powerfull combinations of spells.
if i am 25 lvl old, i dont want fight with 30+ lvl or 26 because they know new spells, they have bigger deck, power pip chance and armor.