Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ties

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 09, 2010
So the other day I was in a match and the girl killed me and then my minion killed her resulting in a draw. We both lost points instead of gaining points or nothing happening. Why is that? I would rather not lose or gain points than lose my warlord ranking.

Survivor
May 18, 2012
Fire wizards are notorious for using immolate in these situations. Even if it means killing themselves, they'll take you down with them rather than see you gain points. Very petty if you ask me. I think the win should go to whoever is killed last.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2014
JOPIX227 on Jan 19, 2015 wrote:
Fire wizards are notorious for using immolate in these situations. Even if it means killing themselves, they'll take you down with them rather than see you gain points. Very petty if you ask me. I think the win should go to whoever is killed last.
I disagree I think they should put it as a tie.

Like in NFL he still should still have warlord.

Warlord (900) 100 wins 10 lost and 1 tie. So it should be 100-10-1.

And the private wizard 20 wins 500 lost and 1 tie. So it should be 20-500-1.

And the warlord should get 4 tickets and the private get 2 tickets.

Ashley Star Ranked captain in rank pvp lvl 7.

PS:
I just think that how it should be.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
eeesquidy on Jan 17, 2015 wrote:
So the other day I was in a match and the girl killed me and then my minion killed her resulting in a draw. We both lost points instead of gaining points or nothing happening. Why is that? I would rather not lose or gain points than lose my warlord ranking.
the exact same thing has happened to me, many times: either opponent kills me and then gets killed by my minion, or the other way around.

i disagree with jopix, though; i have a magus (level 35) fire captain and my opponents are usually grandmasters (level 40-55); so, if i'm going down, you're darn right i'm taking you with me.

that being said, i think that both participants in a match of this nature should be awarded equal tickets/points in the event of a tie. but leave the ranks alone~ a match that close was clearly well fought, and we should both be recognized as such.

-von

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
JOPIX227 on Jan 19, 2015 wrote:
I'll have to agree with Dr. Von. If you are playing to win, and you have a chance to not lose, even if it means a draw, wouldn't you go down fighting? So if it means carrying you down with me, then it's a no-brainer for me. Immolate is my best friend. So I'm sorry if it seems petty. It surely isn't because a fire wizard doesn't want you to gain points. And I think it terms of ties both individuals should get equal points. As von said, it shows that the match was well fought. And who doesn't want a well fought and equally matched match?

But it's most likely a safe guard to stop cheating. If everyone knew you can each gain points with a draw I'm sure some would just fight for a draw to help others gain rank. But to be honest, I don't think they are much people out there like that.