Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is insane remove it from the game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 11, 2008
ok i think bolt is insane like it only has 10 percent but master and grand have too much accuracy whcich makes it usntoppable i was in the arena ranking up i need to win one more match and i went against a storm he went first and used bolt then the next turn and the next turn by the third turn i was dead then two matches later i went against another one the match was barely beginnign and he said gg and used bolt to kill me

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
dude even with the best possible gear wild bolt can only hit at 30% so that's fine. The problem is when people use keen eyes or similar cards to make treasure cards of it that hit at 30% without the gear boosts. This should be removed, along with all other enchanted treasure cards, from pvp.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
It is interesting seeing more threads on wild bolt now.

Whether you win or lose, it isn't any fun dueling against a wizard who does nothing but bolt. Right when the match starts, when it hits you are immediately handicapped. You have to start scrambling for a shield because you never know if the spell will hit twice in a row.If it does, good luck winning. This is especially true for myth fire and other storm wizards because of their low base health.

The best way to defeat wild bolt spammers is to try to double volcano shield if you are going second, if they fizzle, and apply one shield then advance with your offense if you are going first, if they fizzle.

No matter how the match ends up though, it is never satisfying winning against a wizard who constantly bolts.

If I win, I won because the wizard did nothing but fizzle. That's no fun.
If I lose I can't help but feel like I've been cheated. How can you not feel cheated with a spell like that anyway? You have to play against them with your back against the wall the whole match. And it's never a pleasant experience.

It's almost insulting for a bolt spammer to even say "Good Game".

Now it is not impossible to beat a storm wizard who hits you with three or more bolts. But you have to be lucky that your shields are actually in your hand. And when you have a deck of 50 or 60 cards. The odds of that are almost as small as wild bolts hit rate.

If only to discourage bolt spammers, why not a special bolt shield ONLY to discourage constant bolting. Like you can only stun once in a set number of turns, why not a bolt shield that only affects bolt, so that the second bolt would do only 100 damage? Now it may sound ridiculous, it probably is. But

there is no fun in winning or losing against a bolting spammer.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
superkid17 wrote:
ok i think bolt is insane like it only has 10 percent but master and grand have too much accuracy whcich makes it usntoppable i was in the arena ranking up i need to win one more match and i went against a storm he went first and used bolt then the next turn and the next turn by the third turn i was dead then two matches later i went against another one the match was barely beginnign and he said gg and used bolt to kill me

wow ki doesnt even let people trade cards you make anymore and people are still complaining about wild bolt :?

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I'm storm, and even I think wild bolt should be worked on or removed entirely from the game. At two pips and 10% accuracy it should hit for no more than 700 points damage. Either that or bolt should not be able to increase that 10% ever. Or, bolt should cost three pips to cast rather than two pips. Storm has an accuracy boost card that gives them 10%, storm typically has about a 15% accuracy bonus from equipment, storm will also tend to use keen eyes or better to make wild bolt treasure cards.

So lets look at this.

10% base cast
15% equipment
10% keen eyes

that is 35% without any pet accuracy bonus or using stronger than keen eye cards, toss on targeting of 10% and you now have a 1000 point base damage card with a 45% accuracy that can be gotten off every two turns. Not even the higher damage single hit storm spells are that good, and with bolt you never have to worry about negatives being placed upon you, and when you fizzle several times in a row you simply grab a higher pip high damage card with greater accuracy.

I don't even like playing the regular non-pvp game with those who use wild bolt, if they do I delete them as it is so very unfun to be around.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
I dont think wild bolt is much of a problem. Just spam treasure/ normal storm shields. The only bolts that hit almost all the time are the "sniper (Hard to find treasure cards) bolts". They did stop the trade of them, so just have to wait for people to run out. I have a grand storm in full gear and i will admit to bolting every so often. In my opinion its a waste of time when you could be buffing/shielding yourself or teamates.