Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This card is broken

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
52
Recently I've been playing life's in the arena. It's come to my attention how they are almost impossible to kill when they go first. I'm talking about the warlord life's btw with 1000 an up rating. I'm in the 1300's atm so I've fought quite a few. I'm mainly here though cause I don't think the spell guardian spirit is fair. First off healing boost affect it and incoming, and it can even be affected by criticals. Last I checked it says it brings 25% health back it doesn't heal you it does not say it heals you 800 or 400. It brings a percent back kingisle if your telling me you can critical on a percentage then you might as well let people critical blades, you should even let damage affect are blades why not let us critical a 30% storm blade or a 40% ice blade why not let are damage affect how much percent are blade gives, cause life seems to have the ability to critical a percent. Some of you may be thinking um doom infection. Well I actually do use a death mastery and I pack 4 dooms in my deck however it's not enough seeing as how these life's pack max sanctuary. Infection doesn't even matter either cause when they die the infection gets removed and I cannot specifically pack a million dooms to set for this type of player because I also fight balance a lot too. From second I normally cannot win because they have easy control of the bubble, and when ever I am about to kill one under doom they change the bubble before they die. It makes it nearly impossible to kill one. However I can see it being slightly easier if the card only gave them 25% it should be a non critical and it shouldn't be affected by incoming or outgoing.
Because it's a percent it's not healing the guy it's giving him a percent of his health back.


Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
Damage does affect how much blades give you because they are multiplied. Attack base damage * attack boost * global * aura * blade * blade * blade * trap * trap /charm / shield / resist = total damage. Critical just doubles the total.

Survivor
May 25, 2013
2
I agree. Although being life is alright, I do understand how people react. It is annoying yes, but what else to you expect from a life? The school was made for healing but it does get too op to be doing criticals on guardian. It helps but is also annoying. Not to mention that guiding lights and such get removed. Also it's 15% not 25% but it feels like an op spell. So I understand. People flee when I use it and critical cause I get almost all my health back. It's a good spell but maybe could be toned down a bit.

Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
52
seethe42 on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
Damage does affect how much blades give you because they are multiplied. Attack base damage * attack boost * global * aura * blade * blade * blade * trap * trap /charm / shield / resist = total damage. Critical just doubles the total.
No it don't I'm not sure if u understand wt I meant. If I have 100% storm damage, and I cast a storm blade of 30% you will not see the blade be affected by my damage it won't come out to a 60% blade. However guardian spirit which is also a percent like a blade it gives 25% health back. Your outgoing percents and incoming percents affect it, that shouldn't be because again the card gives a percent it does not say when player dies he gets healed 800 health it says 25% health back. On top of that u can critical on it, back to the storm blade you cannot critical a storm blade so it's 30 doubles to 60 percent yet you can critical the 25% in the spell guardian spirit. Why this is so unfair that incoming and outgoing plus even critical effect it is because a guy can easily get all his health back after death. I have tested this myself with a 90% incoming and a 90% outgoing. I did not receive anything near the 25% of my health I had about 5000 health now if the card was not affected by my outgoing and incoming I'd only have received 1250 health back or 1\4 however because this 25% is affected by my stats I actually gained somewhere around 3000-4000 without sanctuary up. This spell is so ridiculously rigged. Im not even life I'm balance I got the spell of my wand and had pretty much the same stats as someone who would use this strategy, and I tested it in 3 battles the first 2 battles I went second one was a ice warlord who fled cause he couldn't even kill me. The second a death warlord who I also ended up playing from second he also fled. Last was a life private, in which I fled cause this battle was gonna last for decades. This card needs to start doing wt it says and actually bring 25% health back, because honestly it's bringing 75% health back instead of that 25% with stats affecting it which is just too much.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
NorthStarXSHINE on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
No it don't I'm not sure if u understand wt I meant. If I have 100% storm damage, and I cast a storm blade of 30% you will not see the blade be affected by my damage it won't come out to a 60% blade. However guardian spirit which is also a percent like a blade it gives 25% health back. Your outgoing percents and incoming percents affect it, that shouldn't be because again the card gives a percent it does not say when player dies he gets healed 800 health it says 25% health back. On top of that u can critical on it, back to the storm blade you cannot critical a storm blade so it's 30 doubles to 60 percent yet you can critical the 25% in the spell guardian spirit. Why this is so unfair that incoming and outgoing plus even critical effect it is because a guy can easily get all his health back after death. I have tested this myself with a 90% incoming and a 90% outgoing. I did not receive anything near the 25% of my health I had about 5000 health now if the card was not affected by my outgoing and incoming I'd only have received 1250 health back or 1\4 however because this 25% is affected by my stats I actually gained somewhere around 3000-4000 without sanctuary up. This spell is so ridiculously rigged. Im not even life I'm balance I got the spell of my wand and had pretty much the same stats as someone who would use this strategy, and I tested it in 3 battles the first 2 battles I went second one was a ice warlord who fled cause he couldn't even kill me. The second a death warlord who I also ended up playing from second he also fled. Last was a life private, in which I fled cause this battle was gonna last for decades. This card needs to start doing wt it says and actually bring 25% health back, because honestly it's bringing 75% health back instead of that 25% with stats affecting it which is just too much.
You have a really skewed version of reality. Your blade is 30% so it adds 30% to your damage. If you have a wand that does 100 damage, with the blade it will do 130 damage. If you have 100% damage it will do 260 damage with the 30% blade. It's adding 60 not 30. It's called multiplication, maybe they mentioned it in school.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4116
It works exactly the same as damage multipliers, except in this case 15% of your max health is the base multiplier. If it were an attack spell, that would be the base number you use to multiply by all the boosts and minuses. It works exactly the same way with healing spells.

Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
52
seethe42 on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
You have a really skewed version of reality. Your blade is 30% so it adds 30% to your damage. If you have a wand that does 100 damage, with the blade it will do 130 damage. If you have 100% damage it will do 260 damage with the 30% blade. It's adding 60 not 30. It's called multiplication, maybe they mentioned it in school.
I don't think you quite get what I'm saying and you can't critical on a blade like guardian spirit. Yet both are percents. Also again your damage does not affect how much a blade will give you you. You said a 30% percent blade will add on the one hundred percent damage um doh way to go captain obvious. You can't seem to realize wt I'm saying. No matter wt damage someone has if you cast a blade which is a percent that percent will never change. Even if I have 80, 20, or 100 damage if I cast a 40% blade it will always come out to 40%. However guardian spirit which is also a percent 25% is affected by the incoming and outgoing it pretty much makes it heal you 75% health back with with wt I used. Don't forget life's can even critical the spell, since when does KI let you critical a percentage. The way people have been using a spell that says it revives you with 25% is completely wrong cause when I kill the guy using it he starts off with full health, your telling me that cards fair.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
1
I see what you are saying North and I completely agree the spell should be a non critical, and incoming/outgoing shouldn't affect it. I have a max life and even I can agree that the card can be very overpowering especially from first.

Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
52
Oran AshGarden on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
I agree. Although being life is alright, I do understand how people react. It is annoying yes, but what else to you expect from a life? The school was made for healing but it does get too op to be doing criticals on guardian. It helps but is also annoying. Not to mention that guiding lights and such get removed. Also it's 15% not 25% but it feels like an op spell. So I understand. People flee when I use it and critical cause I get almost all my health back. It's a good spell but maybe could be toned down a bit.
My bad I was using the wand version since I'm not life an meant to say 20% which is the wand one considering how the real version is 15% yet it does that much thou is just op.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2012
37
Would you please stop. You clearly are not life (you said so), which means it's a lot easier for you to ask for something to be changed and not care about the consequences. The fact is, it is a healing spell (and is characterized that way by the game, it has the heart insignia on the card), and so it can critical like all healing spells. It is a healing spell, so outgoing/incoming heal affect it like all healing spells. Just because you don't want to have to work around it doesn't mean it's too powerful. Life is designed to excel at long battles, because they can continuously heal. That's how they work. They can't stun you. They can't weaken your spells (with life spells other than luminous weaver). They don't have accuracy debuffs. They can't break or steal your blades, or get rid of traps on them (once again, with life spells). They can undo the damage that's been done to them, and quite well too. That's what they do. Guardian Spirit is fine as is.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2014
3
Yes, I can clearly see why you would think like that... However, Guardian Spirit also has its weaknesses. If your opponent Theurgist has some blades on him, they would all be broken in the process of which Guardian Spirit plays its role.

Doom and Gloom greatly decreases the amount of healing Guardian Spirit possesses. 15% of of your maximum health. Even if he gets a critical, Doom and Gloom will be be able to counter it. With incoming/outgoing healing, the most health he could be revived with is probably only a bit over 2,000.

Of course, once he has been revived, he starts at with no pips at all, giving you the advantage and time to blade up and attack.

Guardian Spirit is just like Wild Bolt and Insane Bolt. Many people hate it in PvP and want it to be banished. However, Guardian Spirit has been reduced by KingsIsle by 10%, for once it restored 25% of your maximum health. Also, unlike Wild and Insane Bolt, Guardian Spirit is much more predictable and easy to calculate.

I hoped this helped. Best of luck!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
As much as I hate fighting Life wizards who use Guardian Spirit, I have to admit that they need it. The spell used to give them 25% health back, now it's a puny 15%. That itself is nothing, if they critical it then that's 30%. Most max level Life wizards won't have 100% heal boost without the risk of ~45 critical block, 25 damage boost, and some power pip chance, so having them heal 60% (around 3000 health for most Life wizards) is pretty rare.

The best way to deal with Guardian Spirit is by using Dark Nova and multi-function attack spells. I'm pretty sure you're a Balance wizard, so I suggest using Dark Nova into Savage Paw into Savage Paw (or Feint) into Doom. That way, they can't change the bubble if you knock them out because your Shadow spell attacks directly after your Doom and Gloom and Life wizards are easy opponents if they use Guardian Spirit.

Explorer
Jun 13, 2009
92
Life finally gets a great spell and people are already complaing about how its unfair. Do not talk about how the life spell is unfair I could say the same about balances Judgement or Mana Burn but I am not, dont talk about Guardian Spirit being unfair because its not, its an epic and wonderful addition to the game. Just as everyone has done in pvp with new powerful spells in every school, adapt to survive instead of complaining about something that no one will listen to.

Mason Greenbane Exalted