Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The real missing key for PvP.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I really find this reply posting interesting...

Written by stromninja542..
""Oh I am struggling in pvp but I have the right gear so I will assume it's KI's fault.""
"It's obviously your deck setup and strategy as I already said. Your entire topic is...."

So, you can see, the person he is talking too is having a problem with the three areas that
most have an issue with. 1.What cards to chose and 2.what strategy to use.....and then
there is the major one,.. #3.

Duelist101 has an excellent article on just this topic, and anyone having an issue
should read it. For me, I'm just going to point out one item to note....

I could write up all the details of how my Balance, Death, Myth, Fire or Ice changed over
the years, that could give insite to beginners. I would list the cards I use and detail my
strategy. I could explain how I use my cards and when I use certain cards, and
why. More importantly, I could tell you how my mindset slowly changed.

The problem is, I don't think it would help anyone out there with their
problem, which is item #3 (Experience).

Experience is the key to winning a match, especially when you are stuck being second.
Experience lets you chose the correct card, tells you when to start digging into
your deck faster. Experience tells you how to change the tempo of the game, and
when to be prepared to heal, and the list goes on and on.

How do you get it, Practice PVP or take the plunge and go for Ranked and expect to lose.
The better choice is always Practice PVP imo, and a lot of it...... and when you can
start winning from second consistantly,,,, I would then consider moving to Ranked.

Defender
May 29, 2013
Veracity8 on May 28, 2014 wrote:

""Oh I am struggling in pvp but I have the right gear so I will assume it's KI's fault.""
"It's obviously your deck setup and strategy as I already said. Your entire topic is...."

So, you can see, the person he is talking too is having a problem with the three areas that
most have an issue with. 1.What cards to chose and 2.what strategy to use.....and then

Duelist101 has an excellent article on just this topic, and anyone having an issue

I could write up all the details of how my Balance, Death, Myth, Fire or Ice changed over
the years, that could give insite to beginners. I would list the cards I use and detail my

Experience is the key to winning a match, especially when you are stuck being second.
Experience lets you chose the correct card, tells you when to start digging into

How do you get it, Practice PVP or take the plunge and go for Ranked and expect to lose.
The better choice is always Practice PVP imo, and a lot of it...... and when you can
start winning from second consistantly,,,, I would then consider moving to Ranked.
The missing key to PvP is Accountability.
Take action and do something, instead of asking for handouts

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012

Great idea. Gotta learn to crawl before you learn to walk. Practice PVP is essential for fine tuning your style of play.

I recall an article on tempo, and what it is. Keeping the tempo in your favor is critical.

However, I have noted that with certain spells being nerf'd (should never have happened), and other spells being kept (should have been nerf'd as the logic applied may dictate), pvp has taken a hard swing in favor of certain schools and styles. If you want to win, you conform to these standards.

Make sense? Of course it does. It means that the going few strategies that do work under these conditions are the only strategies that do. No real surprises, not a whole lot of "what ifs" to think about. There are some very handy zero pip and low pip spells that can throw a wrench into your opponents plans. There are only a couple worth it really, and the best ones are either nerf'd, or cried about to the point where they get rendered useless.

Consider moving to ranked? I would under one of two conditions.

1. REWIND, edit out the crying on the forums, and bring back some of the spells that were tossed because some people felt it may threaten their pvp ranking (AKA forced to include more possibilities in their strategy, sounds painful). Maybe even review a few "watered down spells" <OR> water down the corresponding spells of other schools. Fair is fair. Oh wait, no its not.

<<OR>>

2. Bring back Treasure card Insane Bolt for use in pvp, make it inexpensive. This will reduce pvp to sheer luck. About as much fun as scratch tickets. Personal opinion? It would be an improvement.

......... and a little more balanced.

Survivor
May 02, 2014
What if you hate practice pvp like me?

Should I go into a noobs rank pvp to get xps?

Because I never going to use tc in practice at all less I get free tc from practice pvp.

Rank pvp is making me sad because I can't get commander robe :(

I'm getting bullied there.

Kymma Dark lvl 21 I'm a pale death wizard with short yellow hair style under my hat.

PS:

I just want a teacher to help me please pretty please.

Survivor
May 02, 2014

Lol you think you have to win practice pvp to be good at rank pvp that is wrong.

I only did 1 practice pvp it was a 1v1 match and I lost that match and also I wasn't trying to win either and after that 1 practice match I jumped right into rank pvp I went all the way up to veteran then I lost all of it and I went and quested for a bit and went back to rank pvp it took be awhile to get veteran rank back.

So I lvl up till I could get a bigger deck and a little better gear. Then that how I got my veteran rank back.

Then I was having a little bit of trouble and a ranked wizard gave me some gifts to get my stats better.

Kymma lvl 16 Rank pvp captain now.