Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Real Element with the ultamate edge in player

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
I have played every element in player vs. player 1 on 1 and I can beat all of them except one. Balance has the edge because Of its angelic attack and their is no shield to block it. I dont see the point in playing them because at my best as a level 50 pyromancer I still cant win. I know about tower shield so dont say it. It only does 50% block and the other shields can do 70% plus and you can have more types plus tower shield so how is that fair?

merlin9885

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
Merlin9885 wrote:
I have played every element in player vs. player 1 on 1 and I can beat all of them except one. Balance has the edge because Of its angelic attack and their is no shield to block it. I dont see the point in playing them because at my best as a level 50 pyromancer I still cant win. I know about tower shield so dont say it. It only does 50% block and the other shields can do 70% plus and you can have more types plus tower shield so how is that fair?

merlin9885

It's not fair, hence the numerous complaints on this forum about it. What I don't like is it forces you to a cookie cutter spec to counter it. Even in game they recommend to stick with another school, which really is a waste of pips to do so and terrible advice. I think they do it so they generate more revenue in the training point crown purchase to retrain. Kind of lame if you ask me.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Merlin9885 wrote:

merlin9885

The trick is survive Judgment. Balance MUST kill you in 1 hit with judgment, or they're DEAD MEAT, because they'll no pips left and they are quite possibly the worst school at healing. I know this from playing a high level balance wizard. It also helps to use weakness and absorb shields. Just wall yourself up against judgment, and they'll have a very hard time standing against your counterattack.

I AM going to say tower shield, because you'll need it anyways to survive in the arena, not just against balance. If you want to go far in pvp, you'll have to metagame to an extent.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
OK, first off, i do agree that judgment is kinda hard to defend against, but there are ways to defend against this spell. I just don't like the fact that judgment can plow through a tower shield (if your a storm wiz or a fire wiz, judgment can usually kill even when you have a tower shield on). But here's what I do: use a tower shield, weakness, and spirit armor. And I'm a storm wizard so if it works for me it can definitely work for you.

Note: judgment uses all of that players pips, and that's a HUGE disadvantage in pvp.

Justin Stormstone
Grandmaster Diviner
Commander(in PvP)