Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The point of wild bolt

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Many Storm wizards say that this spell is useless. Is Wild Bolt really useless in the entire game? If you think it is, then you're wrong. If you think it isn't, then you're right.

Wild Bolt is seriously useful. But here's one thing that ALL Storm wizards should know: Wild Bolt is now your initial shield breaker. Complain about Storm shields? There's your complete answer. "It wastes my blades!". Well, don't whine because it does use your blades, but also takes out the shields. Every school has to use their blades to take out shields, including Myth at times. Storm wizards get around 90% damage boost, do you REALLY need a blade? This solves the DoT Storm idea and that's the solution to getting around shields. Even your sword is good too! 2 pips isn't allot, you can actually spam Wild Bolt until all the opponent's shields are gone.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2011
The point of wild bolt is to ruin pvp for beginners in the game! most level 5's have roughly 600 - 700 health with quest and mob gear. With 1st gen crown gear they have anywhere from 750 - 1100.

Now for anyone who reads this every wild bolt I have seen go off, hits for a 1000 never have I seen it do the 10 or 100 damage.

Ladders that are made by wizard101 central at the lower levels (1-29) have disallowed the use of this spell at those levels. This tells you that this particular spell is "OP".

Lets be honest with our selves and say that wild bolt should be banned from pvp for the first 20 levels then there after can be used.

On KI behalf the coding for this spell is definately not right.

Also this isnt a whine about just wild bolt i personally think that all treasure cards should be banned from pvp. It doesnt show skill or that you have learned your school, What it does show is that the people using them cant be bothered to learn how to play thier class.

On the money side of things people who go out and buy crowns to get their gear then join up to see what pvp is like, ONE shot, great experience dont you think.

I believe that KI didnt have intetions to make pvp part of the game until there was need for it. But now that it is implemented I think they should pay more attention to evening out pvp as a whole. (This should not effect general pve play)

Cheers!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
uberplayaz wrote:
The point of wild bolt is to ruin pvp for beginners in the game! most level 5's have roughly 600 - 700 health with quest and mob gear. With 1st gen crown gear they have anywhere from 750 - 1100.

Now for anyone who reads this every wild bolt I have seen go off, hits for a 1000 never have I seen it do the 10 or 100 damage.

Ladders that are made by wizard101 central at the lower levels (1-29) have disallowed the use of this spell at those levels. This tells you that this particular spell is "OP".

Lets be honest with our selves and say that wild bolt should be banned from pvp for the first 20 levels then there after can be used.

Also this isnt a whine about just wild bolt i personally think that all treasure cards should be banned from pvp. It doesnt show skill or that you have learned your school, What it does show is that the people using them cant be bothered to learn how to play thier class.

On the money side of things people who go out and buy crowns to get their gear then join up to see what pvp is like, ONE shot, great experience dont you think.

I believe that KI didnt have intetions to make pvp part of the game until there was need for it. But now that it is implemented I think they should pay more attention to evening out pvp as a whole. (This should not effect general pve play)

Cheers!

What happens in every game when you level up is to get stronger, any aoe one-hits a level 1-10 except for Myth. Wild Bolt is really weak and I only use Gargs and Monstrous for treasure cards in rnked pvp to boost up my damage.

Treasure cards aren't even close to being 1% hard o get around, just more spells. It's like any other normal spell but a little boosted so TC's ar fine in pvp.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
uberplayaz wrote:

Cheers!
May not be a whine about Bolt, but it certainly IS a whine about Treasure Cards. If you don't like the use of perfectly legitimate in-game items, I suggest you start playing single-player games, PvP just doesn't seem to be your style. If people don't want to learn how to play without TCs, fine, they just won't be able to buy anything else whatsoever, TCs don't grow on trees.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
This post has been argued over and over!

Wildbolt is a school spell that is given at the end of Marleybone!

Most storm do not have a good pip chance until around level 45 and do not have any critical chance until they are over level 50, is this not correct?

So, wild bolt costs 2 pips and you can do 10, 100, or 1000 damage. So, 1/3 of the time, if you don't fizzle, you might do excellent damage!

While the other 2/3's of the time, you are wasting valuable pips, to break a shield. Sorry, but to those of you that think 10 or 100 damage is worth 2 pips, you seriously need to give your strategies some more thought.

This is also in hopes that no storm shield is in place, or that could lower the damage by 50, 70, 80, or even up to 90%!

Only after storm learns Gargantuan and has 151 critical attack points does this spell even slightly become helpful.

So, don't say the point of Wild Bolt is for a shield breaker, when it was designed to be a last resort to defeat your opponent.

Since wildbolt was nerfed so much, KI made Insane Bolt in it's stead, which many now complain about this spell, since storm shields do not work against this spell. The only drawback to Insane Bolt is that it can backfire and kill the caster. However, this spell is not received, until level 55 and Wintertusk has been nearly completed.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2011
bionaknight wrote:
uberplayaz wrote:

Cheers!
May not be a whine about Bolt, but it certainly IS a whine about Treasure Cards. If you don't like the use of perfectly legitimate in-game items, I suggest you start playing single-player games, PvP just doesn't seem to be your style. If people don't want to learn how to play without TCs, fine, they just won't be able to buy anything else whatsoever, TCs don't grow on trees.

Ok so now you have made your point let me show you something...

How does a level 5 buy or aquire these items?

1. Most of these high end cards are earnt or farmed at differnet levels, the better the card the higher the level as a general note.

2. At lower levels the items dropped from monsters and such dont sell for all that much so the gold used to buy these cards must be coming from another character. I doubt that anyone actually spends thier own money to buy the ingame gold as price to gold ratio is terrible.

3. Aquisition through trading with another character.

So in basic they are aquiring these cards through mean at which they cannot support them selves. So to me if you cant get it at your level you shouldnt be able to use it.

It was wrong of me to say all treasure cards should be banned in pvp, what I should have said is treasure cards should a level restricting put in place so that overpowered spells cannot be used before they are supposed to. This in turn would then balance up pvp.

In my honest opinion then higher ranking wizards would be more worthy of thier titles. Correct me if I am wrong but has anyone ever become a warlord "at lower level" without the use of something that they really shouldnt have at thier level besides thier pet?.

What you have to remember is people are not talking about these spells being OP at the appropriate level, the people are talking about the lower levels for instance anywhere from 5 up to about 20. I think this is a common miss conception when people complain about TC's.

I would appreciate it if you dont tell me what I should be doing with my game time. This is a general discussion if you dont like the discussion or someone, come up with some good points rather than telling people what you suggest they should do.

Cheers!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
RosamaryH wrote:
This post has been argued over and over!

Wildbolt is a school spell that is given at the end of Marleybone!

Most storm do not have a good pip chance until around level 45 and do not have any critical chance until they are over level 50, is this not correct?

So, wild bolt costs 2 pips and you can do 10, 100, or 1000 damage. So, 1/3 of the time, if you don't fizzle, you might do excellent damage!

While the other 2/3's of the time, you are wasting valuable pips, to break a shield. Sorry, but to those of you that think 10 or 100 damage is worth 2 pips, you seriously need to give your strategies some more thought.

This is also in hopes that no storm shield is in place, or that could lower the damage by 50, 70, 80, or even up to 90%!

Only after storm learns Gargantuan and has 151 critical attack points does this spell even slightly become helpful.

So, don't say the point of Wild Bolt is for a shield breaker, when it was designed to be a last resort to defeat your opponent.

Since wildbolt was nerfed so much, KI made Insane Bolt in it's stead, which many now complain about this spell, since storm shields do not work against this spell. The only drawback to Insane Bolt is that it can backfire and kill the caster. However, this spell is not received, until level 55 and Wintertusk has been nearly completed.

I know why Insane Bolt was created (I've said why in so many other posts) and Wild Bolt's point is now changed. Storm should use Wild Bolt to break shields now, Wild Bolt used to be a risk to take out your enemy, well now I'm explaining a new and better way to use it.