Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The New World and PVP...

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
KI,

Please give this a long thought....

We have a new world that is headed out soon, based on what you have posted lately.
Please consider doing something with the turtles in the pvp side of the game.
It's extremely unfair to have a player, just waste my time, and let me run out of reshuffle cards.
This is not PVP, it's a total waste of my time, and every other player in the PVP side of the game.

I am not saying that Ice should not have high resist to Fire and Storm, they need it.
I am not saying that Death should not have high resist to Life and Myth.
and I am not saying that Balance should not have high resist to two schools also.

Bottom line, having 75 to 80 resist to all schools is just a little too much for low hitting schools to
battle. Balance doesn't have the Traps to boost, so it becomes unfair for them.
Ice doesn't have the hitting power, so it becomes unfair for them, and the problem rotates.

Think about this, all schools can Trap, and use Multiple traps, in their own school.
This is what the problem has become, as you can't get them off.
We Really need a why to get the Traps Off of us, a spell for all to use.

You have come up with unique ideas in the past, it's time for another one to help us out.
Something that will make PvP equal again, as before the Jade Gear release.
A level caps could be one idea, where a Wizard with Jade Gear could have
75 resist to two schools, but 55 to all others, or something like that.

We need help, or High Level PVP will die a slow death.......

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Veracity8 on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
KI,

We have a new world that is headed out soon, based on what you have posted lately.
It's extremely unfair to have a player, just waste my time, and let me run out of reshuffle cards.
This is not PVP, it's a total waste of my time, and every other player in the PVP side of the game.

I am not saying that Ice should not have high resist to Fire and Storm, they need it.
and I am not saying that Balance should not have high resist to two schools also.

Bottom line, having 75 to 80 resist to all schools is just a little too much for low hitting schools to
Ice doesn't have the hitting power, so it becomes unfair for them, and the problem rotates.

Think about this, all schools can Trap, and use Multiple traps, in their own school.

You have come up with unique ideas in the past, it's time for another one to help us out.

I have the exact same problem. KI needs to not only look this over, but ALL of PvP.

Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
KI,

Well said.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Promethean PvP is dead or at least dying.

The main strategy has become the Ultra Tank - Spend 1-2 Hours Building Up for The One Hit Kill Shot. It makes for an extremely boring match. Therefore I have stopped playing high level PvP like so many others. And somehow KI thought nerfing Reshuffle to a treasure card would make games shorter. LOL! With Guardian Spirit, 90% resist, and 100% heal boost, there is simply no point in playing high level PvP anymore. I killed a life wizard 5 times and still lost the match. Yeah, that makes tons of sense.

If you look at the leader boards you will see that all the good players have moved to level 50 PvP. There is the new arena gear that is excellent for that level, and you don't have to worry as much about the extremely boring strategy of ultra tanking while never or rarely attacking.

Playing a match where your opponent has not attacked in the two hours you have been playing is just wrong. My fantasy rule would be that players start taking damage every round if they haven't made a school attack at least once every 40 rounds.

This is what happens when developers have "great ideas", but don't actually spend time playing the game.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Quote Malt22 "This is what happens when developers have "great ideas", but don't actually spend time playing the game."

The entire posting was well said, and the last line is something that I have often wondered about......

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
KI,

Come on. If you don't like pvp then simply don't pvp. Problem solved.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Roslynwarlord on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Agreed. Its not that hard to just buy infallible and shatter and trap up with them. Everyone needs to stop running to Kingsisle to start nerfing every time they have a loss or two in pvp.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
1320Wraith on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Agreed. Its not that hard to just buy infallible and shatter and trap up with them. Everyone needs to stop running to Kingsisle to start nerfing every time they have a loss or two in pvp.
And when your second, and feints and shatter won't work, oh, must be you didn't think of that.
Yeah, infallible works well, but guess what, if you can't blade, you can't take down someone with
93% resist. The mechanics of the game have a problem, and that problem should be addressed by KI.
If the game has a real problem, in PVP or PVE, the issue should be brought up to KI.
Look at the Bolt issue, it was a real problem and KI fixed it, as they should have.
You would say, no put up a shield, but guess what, KI knows better.......

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
So we have to stop PvPing because of some unfair jade users and people who use cheap strategies to win? And because Kingsisle won't fix it? Sounds fair to me.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Veracity8 on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
And when your second, and feints and shatter won't work, oh, must be you didn't think of that.
Yeah, infallible works well, but guess what, if you can't blade, you can't take down someone with
93% resist. The mechanics of the game have a problem, and that problem should be addressed by KI.
If the game has a real problem, in PVP or PVE, the issue should be brought up to KI.
Look at the Bolt issue, it was a real problem and KI fixed it, as they should have.
You would say, no put up a shield, but guess what, KI knows better.......
I don't see why being second affects feints and shatters that much. Feint, potent feint, and shatter; let them shield, and shatter. Then use an attack. Chances are, they use the higher reduction shield first, so you can usually have your real hit come up against a tower instead of a single or double shield. Just a little bit of strategizing goes a long way.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I don't see why being second affects feints and shatters that much. Feint, potent feint, and shatter; let them shield, and shatter. Then use an attack. Chances are, they use the higher reduction shield first, so you can usually have your real hit come up against a tower instead of a single or double shield. Just a little bit of strategizing goes a long way.
Yep, while your completely wrong, any good player keeps the higher shield (70 or 80%) for after the shatter, common sense in my opinion. Plus to show you how short your strategizing goes, ever hear of empower, it will remove everyone of your feints (standard, enchanted, TC, etc). Yes, as in the other post, your strategy falls short.
Oh, I hope I didn't offend you, now that we are almost family, but I find no help in your suggestions.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
So we have to stop PvPing because of some unfair jade users and people who use cheap strategies to win? And because Kingsisle won't fix it? Sounds fair to me.
Moonlighterz1000,

Thanks for point this out, and stating cheap strategies to win, because that is exactly how I feel.
Wild bolt was a cheap strategy, Puppet teams were a cheap strategy, and KI fixed both of them.
I don't see how people can see any difference between those, and Jade players.
Hopefully, those who support Jade, will find out that KI doesn't like cheap strategies either......

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Moonlighterz1000 on Jul 22, 2013 wrote:
Just because someone might have a better strategy then you doesn't mean you have to complain about it. Ki is running 2 games here people they can't fix EVERY problem.

PS: Jade users gives us a challenge!! I PvP for the fun.. If i se a jade user I know it will be a good match! And why would KI make jade gear if they didn't want use to use it.?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Why should players be pigeon-holed into using an off school arguably overpowered spell(Shatter) to be able to deal relevant damage against a ridiculous lvl of resist?

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
If you were second, they'd have a chance to shield. If you were first, they would not really have one, because they did not know you were going to shatter that turn.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Roslynwarlord,

Actually, I like this reply and really can't disagree with it at all.........

On the other hand, I also agree, KI can't fix all of the problems, and many are not problems and don't
need to be fixed.

Having said that, and noting that you think that Jades are fine, let me ask you this.

Why did KI fix the Wild Bolt spell? Why did KI fix Puppet teams? Why did KI adjust for the
first turn advantage? Why, because they were an unfair advantage, and Jades are no different as I
and many many other's see it.

This is a real problem, and if you have no chance of defeating a player from second, then I
see that as being unfair advantage.
This is the only unfair Advantage that I see in the game right now, and I am hoping by bringing it to KI's
attention, they will at least look at the issue. If they decide that the game should remain this way,
then that's it. If we don't at least bring it up, then we have allowed an unfair advantage to continue.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Veracity8 on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
Roslynwarlord,

On the other hand, I also agree, KI can't fix all of the problems, and many are not problems and don't
need to be fixed.

Having said that, and noting that you think that Jades are fine, let me ask you this.

Why did KI fix the Wild Bolt spell? Why did KI fix Puppet teams? Why did KI adjust for the
first turn advantage? Why, because they were an unfair advantage, and Jades are no different as I

This is a real problem, and if you have no chance of defeating a player from second, then I
This is the only unfair Advantage that I see in the game right now, and I am hoping by bringing it to KI's
attention, they will at least look at the issue. If they decide that the game should remain this way,
then that's it. If we don't at least bring it up, then we have allowed an unfair advantage to continue.
5/5 comment in my opinion; I'm another person who doesn't think jades are a huge issue. I haven't seen to many empower users, and I don't use balance all that much either, when thats probably a harder school against jade. I don't think you have no chance of defeating someone from second ever, with some good card management, but thats just me. If you think it needs to be changed though, Thats your opinion, and I support the concept of your opinion, just not the opinion itself.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
1320Wraith on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
5/5 comment in my opinion; I'm another person who doesn't think jades are a huge issue. I haven't seen to many empower users, and I don't use balance all that much either, when thats probably a harder school against jade. I don't think you have no chance of defeating someone from second ever, with some good card management, but thats just me. If you think it needs to be changed though, Thats your opinion, and I support the concept of your opinion, just not the opinion itself.
I am not saying that people like Gorman, Azoresgirl, Nick, Fire Starter and the rest
cannot handle Jades. There are those, that have played 1000's upon 1000's of matches.
They have a skill set that cannot be compared to the average player, or to most players
in the game.
Remember the "Bell Curve" from High school, and that about 70-80% are under the main curve,
while a smaler percentage is at each end. Gorman, Azoresgirl, Nick, Fire Starter, etc
are at the extreme end of that curve.

It is clear to me, and clear to many others, that the main group under the Bell Curve,
find that Jades, when you are second in a 1v1 match, is just simply unfair....
So let me ask you the same questions, and please think of the bell curve ....

Why did KI fix the Wild Bolt spell?
Why did KI alter so many dungeon after a small amount of time?
Why did KI fix Puppet teams?
Why did KI adjust for the first turn advantage?
Why did KI take away certain TC spells?
and the list can go on.....

I think it is because of the Bell Curve. We do not all have the same
Crown amount, time, mind and insight, to play the game at Gorman/Azoresgirl/etc level.
So whether people feel that I should stop whining or not, that is not the
real issue here. Plus, it really doesn't matter, it only matters what KI thinks.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Roslynwarlord on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
Just because someone might have a better strategy then you doesn't mean you have to complain about it. Ki is running 2 games here people they can't fix EVERY problem.

PS: Jade users gives us a challenge!! I PvP for the fun.. If i se a jade user I know it will be a good match! And why would KI make jade gear if they didn't want use to use it.?
I am sorry, a better strategy? They just tank, spam heal, spam shield, earthquake, guardian spirit, etc. They have 70% universal and your telling me basically, its fair. Why do we complain? We complain because we want a fix. PvP is broken.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Veracity8 on Jul 23, 2013 wrote:
Roslynwarlord,

need to be fixed.

I DONT use jade gear if ya'll thought I did, I'm not defending it because I like it, I'm trying to defend KI cause I know they've outdone there selfs with the game and with people complaining about it kinda makes me mad.

There was ALLOT effort put into this game and again NOT every problem can be fixed.

P.s I don't think they fixed puppet teams, cause I just saw a puppet team earlier today It's sad what people do to get the gear

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
Roslynwarlord on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
I DONT use jade gear if ya'll thought I did, I'm not defending it because I like it, I'm trying to defend KI cause I know they've outdone there selfs with the game and with people complaining about it kinda makes me mad.

There was ALLOT effort put into this game and again NOT every problem can be fixed.

P.s I don't think they fixed puppet teams, cause I just saw a puppet team earlier today It's sad what people do to get the gear
Agreed. Please excuse a lame analogy, but its kind of like getting angry at someone who made you a cake because they used vanilla frosting instead of chocolate. They still made the cake, and it still tastes fine (Unless your allergic or something) and going back and scraping off the frosting to add a different kind takes a lot of work.

P.S. Reply; yea looks to me like puppeting is even worse now; I've had fights where my 33 warlord and my 27 warlord friend enter a match, and ended up fighting a private level 25 and a private level 86. If you have ever tried to take down a level 86 life with treasure card skeletal dragons and scarecrows, its not a lot of fun.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Roslynwarlord on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:

Hi Roslynwarlord,

I didn't think you did, but I wondered why you supported the Jades, as you don't like
puppet teams, which are little different.

I agree, KI has done some amazing changes to the game, and the game is still very young.
I also know that the game will evolve, and I expect it will just continue to evolve as time goes
along. I expect that KI has a dedicated staff that works on this game, considering the number
of new worlds and sideworlds, they generate each year. Not to mention that this game makes
a huge amount of money for them. If it was not, they would not be expanding to China, etc.

On feedback Fridays, KI ask us for input, in the Test Realm they ask us for input, and I
see no reason if there is a bug that could make players leave the game, that we should
not report it. Most of my friends PvP, and many have left the game and gone to other games.
The extreme long matches, because of Jades is what turned them away, which is why I posted.

People need to "complain" to let KI know that there is a problem, and it's up to KI to make the
decision that it is a real problem.

Plus, there have been tons and tons of complaints, but KI has been very selective on what they
have fixed. People screamed about Shatter, Guardian Spirit, etc, but KI did not remove them
from PvP. Why, they made a decision, it was not a real problem.

So it doesn't matter what people say, KI makes their own decision, and feedback on the boards
is a good thing, for everyone.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009

So sitting there while people try to stratch you is a strategy? Me and you have different definitions obviously.

Seriously - Where's the challenge in fighting a Jade User from second? It's like fighting an uphill battle with a spear in your throat already. I have posted an argument far too many times to bother anymore. It's ridiculous. I highly doubt you do ranked just to sit there till you run out of cards.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Yes, KI is running 2 games, BUT, KI also has a completely separate staff for each game. So there is no reason problems can't be fixed.

There are some very skilled PvPers that have with a lot of work and deck tweaking beaten Jade gear, but then, Jade gear should never have made it to the arena either.

Just like the Puppeting issues, and the glitching in the arena, Jade gear is just one more thing that some are using and exploiting their way to a cheap unearned, unskilled win. There is no skill or strategy involved in this kind of tactic. This is where KI needs to step back and take a good look before adding something like this to the game.