Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The new critical system will ruin Legendary PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
46
The test realm notes when the new critical system was in the test stated that there will now be less chance to block to apparently make game-play more balanced. Yes critical counts for way less at level 100-110, but at Legendary there is no real difference. Pre Polaris 224 critical on my level 60 fire counted for 44%, now the update is live it 224 critical counts for 42%.

So the chance of getting a critical has been lowered, but the chance of blocking has also been lowered too. The problem is the chance of a Legendary getting a critical has not really been lowered, but the chance of blocking has. So level 60 wizards have a lower chance to block and almost no change in the chance of getting a critical. Unless the chance of legendary's getting a critical is lowered or the chance of blocking is raised it is going to be very broken.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2011
14
Zekrr on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
The test realm notes when the new critical system was in the test stated that there will now be less chance to block to apparently make game-play more balanced. Yes critical counts for way less at level 100-110, but at Legendary there is no real difference. Pre Polaris 224 critical on my level 60 fire counted for 44%, now the update is live it 224 critical counts for 42%.

So the chance of getting a critical has been lowered, but the chance of blocking has also been lowered too. The problem is the chance of a Legendary getting a critical has not really been lowered, but the chance of blocking has. So level 60 wizards have a lower chance to block and almost no change in the chance of getting a critical. Unless the chance of legendary's getting a critical is lowered or the chance of blocking is raised it is going to be very broken.
There are so many things wrong with the new critical system. In my opinion it should be taken out of the game completely although I do have a critical fire pvp wizard and this will up his chances of winning I can still see that this is broken and unfair. Also another thing ruined by the new critical system is life critical heal. With out that ability to critical on a heal life has become no doubt worst school in the game, not even joking. If wizard doesn't fix this it might become a big issue.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
46
Just did a practice match with a friend to test it, I was on a level 60 with 120 block, faced another level 60 with 180 critical. Out of 20 criticals I blocked 1. Something needs to be done about this or Legendary PvP will just be unplayable

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
31
Obviously hasn't been thought through. If the chance of blocking is being lowered EVERY levels chance of getting a critical should be significantly lowered. I gave up on Exalted PvP and only take part in Legendary PvP, now that has also been ruined there is nothing left to do but leave.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
8
Zekrr on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
The test realm notes when the new critical system was in the test stated that there will now be less chance to block to apparently make game-play more balanced. Yes critical counts for way less at level 100-110, but at Legendary there is no real difference. Pre Polaris 224 critical on my level 60 fire counted for 44%, now the update is live it 224 critical counts for 42%.

So the chance of getting a critical has been lowered, but the chance of blocking has also been lowered too. The problem is the chance of a Legendary getting a critical has not really been lowered, but the chance of blocking has. So level 60 wizards have a lower chance to block and almost no change in the chance of getting a critical. Unless the chance of legendary's getting a critical is lowered or the chance of blocking is raised it is going to be very broken.
I feel your pain from this. Its not only broken for pvp but for questing now, I have a pretty good fire and now that they've changed the system I hardly ever critical or block. Its really sad to see all the hard work people to literally go to waste. Most of my friend are quitting because of it, its sad and disappointing to see wiz do this, I'm hoping they will change it back before its to late and they lose ALOT of people who really enjoyed the game.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
38
Tyler Dream on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
Obviously hasn't been thought through. If the chance of blocking is being lowered EVERY levels chance of getting a critical should be significantly lowered. I gave up on Exalted PvP and only take part in Legendary PvP, now that has also been ruined there is nothing left to do but leave.
They should've just kept the normal critical system like they've been asked. Tragedy in the spiral, it is now. Good luck seeing any use for Life without jade now.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2012
69
Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
Pumpkin Wizard on Nov 18, 2015 wrote:
There are so many things wrong with the new critical system. In my opinion it should be taken out of the game completely although I do have a critical fire pvp wizard and this will up his chances of winning I can still see that this is broken and unfair. Also another thing ruined by the new critical system is life critical heal. With out that ability to critical on a heal life has become no doubt worst school in the game, not even joking. If wizard doesn't fix this it might become a big issue.
i agree (least need fix immunity before chance critical/critical block) pvp be hard low critical/low critical block?

Survivor
Jul 08, 2014
9
The best pvp was for sure pre darkmoor. after darkmoor things got worse and worse