Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Evolution of Balance

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I am being a little tongue in cheek here, but I do see successive nerfs changing the role of Balance.

1. The signature spell of Balance is Lore Master.
(Nerf).

2) The signature spells of Balance are Mana Burn and Supernova.

(Nerf).

3) Balance is handy to have along during questing.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
Liam Swiftwalker on Apr 10, 2020 wrote:
I am being a little tongue in cheek here, but I do see successive nerfs changing the role of Balance.

(Nerf).

(Nerf).

(Nerf).
It's already nerfed?

(Nerf).

Mana burn was already nerfed imagine your spell fizzles because you didn't have enough pips to cast a spell. Yeah, that's how mana burn USED to work. It also can not be enchanted and is weaker than most of balance's hits for more pips, it's only really useful on low health classes like fire and storm.
Super nova?? SUPER NOVA? It's 60% accuracy LOL I think people forget this.

Yes because balance is naturally a support class. (no sarcasm)

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
xTsuin on Apr 15, 2020 wrote:
(Nerf).
It's already nerfed?

(Nerf).

Mana burn was already nerfed imagine your spell fizzles because you didn't have enough pips to cast a spell. Yeah, that's how mana burn USED to work. It also can not be enchanted and is weaker than most of balance's hits for more pips, it's only really useful on low health classes like fire and storm.
Super nova?? SUPER NOVA? It's 60% accuracy LOL I think people forget this.

Yes because balance is naturally a support class. (no sarcasm)
My main school is Balance. It suits my temperament.

I am commenting on how Balance fares as a max level 1v1 school especially given the impending update.

Yes, Lore Master was recently nerfed for it's damage, and also its debuffs. I am fine with that--the damage was OP for the pip cost it makes me a more creative Balance duelist.

I don't know what its' damage output will end up like, but Mana Burn will take fewer pips in the update. Mana Burn is risky to use from second, but it is gratifying when I guess right. I mainly use it to try to discourage my opponent from hoarding pips and also to delay them from making "big hits" until I am ready to tank or counter. Storm Scion is bad for one's health!

Supernova remains a powerful spell and does not fizzle when enchanted with unstoppable. I really like opponents with pets that may cast an aura.

I agree that Balance is a natural support school and the new gear really emphasizes that strength.

Balance's fortune as a 1v1 school waxes and wanes with various updates and it doesn't look so good for us this time around.

That's alright because for questing or farming, a max level Balance can be a hero on any team now and a team of just two Balance wizards can handle most PvE situations.