Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

TC, It's Not Cheating!!!

2
AuthorMessage
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
937
Deck for pvp should have a sideboard that's about half the size of the normal sideboard size for that wizard's level.

So if you are adept and usually use Deck of Chivalry, your sideboard for the PVP version of this deck will only have six slots.

This should cut down on the level of tc spamming and reward wizards who bother to level up rather than remaining in axolotl mode, where they basically stop questing at level 15-25 and just do Zeke's to max out their train points.

This will also force wizards to use their train points more wisely, because they have fewer off-school tc to rely on to bail themselves out. You might see fewer scattergun trainers and more actual secondary mastery this way, for better or worse. (Mastery ammy at level 10 is another gripe for another day)

Explorer
May 18, 2010
62
Oh my, TC. I absolutely do not think TC is a cheat.

Most people say TC are cheating because they lost and they just want to blame you (i.e,"you don't know how to fight for real")

I use Earthquake TCs because I made my secondary school fire (big mistake) and then trained into ice. i don't feel like and really don't want to spend the money just to buy my training points back. I usually fill my sideboards with Earthquake as if it were trained into my deck.

I don't think TC should be limited but I think there should be other ways to earn TC besides the bazaar because some will just sit in the bazaar and buy out TCs.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
1
mjhubbard9289 on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
It is cheating! You should actually try to level up instead of getting it for a bit of gold at a shop! You should have to earn a spell, not buy it! This is like paying someone to do your homework!
That is what i think to and i said that to someone. You are pretty much not even doing anything but killing with a card you will learn a long time from that point or never.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
62
mjhubbard9289 on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
It is cheating! You should actually try to level up instead of getting it for a bit of gold at a shop! You should have to earn a spell, not buy it! This is like paying someone to do your homework!
*Smack* How would I be able to heal others then? I'm not Life, I go for damage. It's fine the way it is.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
2
LOL..yeah..TCs are not cheating. I've had my friend been called a noob for using 1 TC, but the other guy was spamming tc blades.

I hardly ever use TCs in PvP xD they are precious to me..and that is the reason why I have a collection of it (x

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
WizardlyJeff on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
LOL..yeah..TCs are not cheating. I've had my friend been called a noob for using 1 TC, but the other guy was spamming tc blades.

I hardly ever use TCs in PvP xD they are precious to me..and that is the reason why I have a collection of it (x
I've never used a TC in pvp, i prefer to save them for the hard PvE bosses that are fire oriented. As for getting called a noob in the arena for just using one while the other guy is spamming them.. That is an example of someone to ignore.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
1
I do agree that it isn't cheating, it's especially obvious when they make certain ones not able to be used in PvP and then others are allowed in it, but I think Kingsisle needs to go over more that are allowed. I have found that tc vengeance is easily a one hit kill. I know there is vengeance, but it only gives you a chance of blocking criticals. My 2v2 partner and I just went against against people that used vengeance, criticals on 3 out of 4 shots and we don't can't block it because we are only lvl 42 & 45 plus our convictions didn't even show up. I have met many people that agree with this, and I also know people will disagree (I'm guessing those are the people that use vengeance or got really lucky and have never fought people that used it.) Thanks for whoever else agrees with this.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
2
KorekuEternal on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
I'm sorry but I consider it cheating...

A level 20 wizard using Efreet...?
A level 30 Wizard using Basilisk?!?

The whole point of leveling up is the reward of becoming stronger! But nowadays rank 8 and 9 spells are being handed like gum! No work needed...

I have no problems with a Tower shield treasure card or a pixie treasure card, but a Medusa treasure card or a Snow angel treasure card, that's outta hand. KI should restrict players from getting treasure cards above their level. It's fair then.
I so agree with you someone understands. Your awesome.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2013
1
i agree that it is not cheating but it is bull when a level 10 uses Medusa it is just down right unfair that they can use something like that. i am level thirty and i just played a match against level tens and they used fire dragons and a Medusa on the third round. there is no skill or strategy in tc's just get a bunch of pips and use it then they win under unfair circumstances. there should be a minimum level requirement of some sort and who cares about level 10 duels there are boring no matter because they are not taking the time to level up and get the cards plus that's why you don't watch them i would rather watch level 90's with the legit cards battle it out. it isn't cheating being that they are in game items for people to use but it is unfair because some people have better things to spend their money on rather then tc's. i put all my money into my house and buying gear and my mount. i don't have money for tc's and they are honestly a waste when i can just play for a while and get the real card and feel accomplished.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
ReleventDark on Jun 22, 2013 wrote:
i agree that it is not cheating but it is bull when a level 10 uses Medusa it is just down right unfair that they can use something like that. i am level thirty and i just played a match against level tens and they used fire dragons and a Medusa on the third round. there is no skill or strategy in tc's just get a bunch of pips and use it then they win under unfair circumstances. there should be a minimum level requirement of some sort and who cares about level 10 duels there are boring no matter because they are not taking the time to level up and get the cards plus that's why you don't watch them i would rather watch level 90's with the legit cards battle it out. it isn't cheating being that they are in game items for people to use but it is unfair because some people have better things to spend their money on rather then tc's. i put all my money into my house and buying gear and my mount. i don't have money for tc's and they are honestly a waste when i can just play for a while and get the real card and feel accomplished.
Hey if they wanna be lazy. Let them be lazy. True it is unfair but they'll be complaining about unfair when they've used all their treasure cards and wind up getting blasted by the wizards who actually did do the work.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Joshua Starflame on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
Hey if they wanna be lazy. Let them be lazy. True it is unfair but they'll be complaining about unfair when they've used all their treasure cards and wind up getting blasted by the wizards who actually did do the work.
Treasure cards are not unfair or lazy. Everyone has access to them. They are strategy. If you don't use them, you will get destroyed by people who know how to use them well. Low level warlords have to use treasure cards so that they can hope to take down the massive health of the high level wizards that they battle. If they don't use treasure cards, they are asking to not do well once they get to high rank.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
4
By definition, using TC's in PVP is not cheating. It is allowed, therefore it is part of the game and not a cheat. That said, my personal playing style thus far (level 37 warlord) would have me desire that high level TC's not be useable by lower level players.

I do use TC's, but I don't use high level attacks like skeletal dragon. Why? Mainly because I don't feel like farming them, but I also feel that if I learn to use the spells I have I will become a better PVP player. That said, there have been some battles that I simply could not win without using a high level TC attack, and so I lost.

So, PVP is just that, player vs player. We are only bound by the rules of the game, not by a predetermined strategy set in place by a computer AI. If you are playing PVP the way you would face the computer PVE monsters, your in big trouble. If you don't want to put in the time to get a good pet, good gear and even good TC's, your in big trouble because the people your going to face are doing just that. If you still want to PVP without putting any effort into preparation, accept that you will be mediocre at best.

The fact is, the people who lose and then claim pets are OP, or TC are unfair, or that your a shield spammer (I had this blurted out to me) or whatever reason they can come up with that they lost, are simply not helping themselves any. Instead of figuring out why they really lost, and what to do about it for next time, they are blaming some other mechanism of the game for their loss.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2012
16
I have to say that using TCs that are way past your level and school is kind of unfair. I use TCs, but I make my own so they are still part of my deck. I buy a bunch of "Toughs" and "Keens" and then go over to Golem Tower and make TCs myself because it is a very low HP opponent so I can make a bunch of them and let it attack me and then kill them in one move once I am done. Then I am left with TC Skeletal Pirates with 515-590 instead of 4-- to 510 and Vampires with 95% accuracy. These are still the spells I use on a normal basis so it isn't cheating, but I agree that you shouldn't spam TCs or use ones that are way put of your level.

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
137
Ok I have a storm who has to fight really annoying people because they use tc! tc is cheating i think because then you can just spam tempest or whatever, and unlike other people, I actually know how to fight using my own, actual spells, not having to lean on tc to save me so people who think it is not cheating, think again, there is a reason they call you tc noobs, it's because you don't know how yo use your own spells, so i reccomend you stop using tc people!

matthew wyrmblade lvl 83 secondary school: third school: fourth school:

matthew wyrmblade lvl 08 secondary school: third school: n/a

cowan iceslinger lvl 37 secondary school: third school: n/a

mycin goldenrider lvl 27 secondary school: third school: n/a

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
Kane Soulblood on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
By definition, using TC's in PVP is not cheating. It is allowed, therefore it is part of the game and not a cheat. That said, my personal playing style thus far (level 37 warlord) would have me desire that high level TC's not be useable by lower level players.

I do use TC's, but I don't use high level attacks like skeletal dragon. Why? Mainly because I don't feel like farming them, but I also feel that if I learn to use the spells I have I will become a better PVP player. That said, there have been some battles that I simply could not win without using a high level TC attack, and so I lost.

So, PVP is just that, player vs player. We are only bound by the rules of the game, not by a predetermined strategy set in place by a computer AI. If you are playing PVP the way you would face the computer PVE monsters, your in big trouble. If you don't want to put in the time to get a good pet, good gear and even good TC's, your in big trouble because the people your going to face are doing just that. If you still want to PVP without putting any effort into preparation, accept that you will be mediocre at best.

The fact is, the people who lose and then claim pets are OP, or TC are unfair, or that your a shield spammer (I had this blurted out to me) or whatever reason they can come up with that they lost, are simply not helping themselves any. Instead of figuring out why they really lost, and what to do about it for next time, they are blaming some other mechanism of the game for their loss.
Thank you sir for putting this. This is the thing that I've been trying to say and you've put it better than I ever could have. For all of you who read this thread please look at this before making a response saying "TC are cheating".
Thank you

Delver
Jun 26, 2009
267
First things first. You need to focus on your deck strategy. If you've got a solid deck (Meaning you know what's in it and how to play it) there is no reason why you need to fear someone spamming TCs. I have had basilisk used against me by low level wizards ( I stun resistance ), even by other warlords, even going second. In my opinion if your primary strategy is to use high level TC's, then you are at a grave disadvantage by ignoring what you wizard is really good at doing vs. what's extremely costly to do.

Do I use TC'sAbsolutely, but my side deck is not for attacking. I use my side deck solely for defense and utility. Being able to suppress my opponents ability to deal heavy damage, or deal with those unexpected DOT spells, preventing my opponent from healing effectively. Stacking a bunch of high level attack cards in my side deck is not how I got to warlord. I highly recommend you stick to what your particular school does best (EDIT: for your level), then make a deck the turns out the strategy you design as quick as possible. THEN you add TC's to support that.

Here ends the lesson!

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
251
matthew wyrmblade on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
Ok I have a storm who has to fight really annoying people because they use tc! tc is cheating i think because then you can just spam tempest or whatever, and unlike other people, I actually know how to fight using my own, actual spells, not having to lean on tc to save me so people who think it is not cheating, think again, there is a reason they call you tc noobs, it's because you don't know how yo use your own spells, so i reccomend you stop using tc people!

matthew wyrmblade lvl 83 secondary school: third school: fourth school:

matthew wyrmblade lvl 08 secondary school: third school: n/a

cowan iceslinger lvl 37 secondary school: third school: n/a

mycin goldenrider lvl 27 secondary school: third school: n/a
KI gives you tools to help you win in pve and pvp, there's gear, wands, amulets, and there is also the sideboard deck for tcs. TC is a tool KI allows you to have while fighting and there are people who will play smart and take advantage of it and then there are some who complain in pvp because they die from it.

If people start using high level tc's, get some tc towers and weaknesses and possibly some heals, level 5's sometimes fight level 20's and pack high level tc's in order to stand a chance.

It's not "cheating", it's called using the tools given to you.

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
137
BalanceWizardEthan on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
KI gives you tools to help you win in pve and pvp, there's gear, wands, amulets, and there is also the sideboard deck for tcs. TC is a tool KI allows you to have while fighting and there are people who will play smart and take advantage of it and then there are some who complain in pvp because they die from it.

If people start using high level tc's, get some tc towers and weaknesses and possibly some heals, level 5's sometimes fight level 20's and pack high level tc's in order to stand a chance.

It's not "cheating", it's called using the tools given to you.
I'm sry. My point is that tc is cheating. I mean srsly it's annoying fighting a lvl 10 who can use fire dragon, Unlike them, i can use my own spells.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
I agree completely, if it was cheating they probably would of been thrown out of PvP by now.
-Jasmine FireBlade, level 86 pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
9
KorekuEternal on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
I'm sorry but I consider it cheating...

A level 20 wizard using Efreet...?
A level 30 Wizard using Basilisk?!?

The whole point of leveling up is the reward of becoming stronger! But nowadays rank 8 and 9 spells are being handed like gum! No work needed...

I have no problems with a Tower shield treasure card or a pixie treasure card, but a Medusa treasure card or a Snow angel treasure card, that's outta hand. KI should restrict players from getting treasure cards above their level. It's fair then.
i compleatly and utterly disagree. i also agree. i disagree because they are not handed out like gum. the only ways to get them is

1. earn from quests(those are around your lvl)
2.buy them from librarys(those strong ones are crazy expensive)
3. buy bundles from the crown shop
4.farm bosses and mobs for them

i agree because to have a lvl 20 have efreet and 30 have basilisk is pretty unfair.
and a low lvl could tp to their high lvl friend and grab some tc from AZ AV ZA.........

thanks,katherine shadowtheif

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
6
i play alot of pvp but when i use tc the people all ways use tc thats the thing i hate! troll face well i dont like the way that happends because i dont like boosting -_- some people even false reported me

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
matthew wyrmblade on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
I'm sry. My point is that tc is cheating. I mean srsly it's annoying fighting a lvl 10 who can use fire dragon, Unlike them, i can use my own spells.
Being annoying and cheating are not the same thing. Cheating implies that they are doing something that is against the rules to win, and correct me if I'm wrong... but TC are not against PVP rules. In fact if they were, KI would've scripted something to keep them disabled in PVP. If you use your own spells, good for you. TC are just a function in the game that is meant to help other players out. And think about it, if it's a level 10, then you should be able to easily take him out before he even gets the spell out. Lastly, keep in mind that they have to repurchase the TC while you keep your spells. You have numerous advantages, you just have to use them as TC are also an advantage in the game and people use them as well.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
35
one time i used a disarm i got called a weirdo tc noob -_____-

2