Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Talking

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
If you say something in text chat before a pvp match or in menu chat during the match, can the other player (or their friends nearby) click on your text and see your stats? I was in a pvp match and his friend was nearby watching. The friend said "nice pet" but I was afraid he would just click on my stats so I didn't reply and he called me rude. Was he just trying to see my stats or is that sort of thing banned?
Sarai Thunderstrider
Master

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Defender
Jun 24, 2009
People can see your stats by clicking on what you say in the chat log. Trying to invoke a response whether positive or negative allows them to do this and it's not at all banned. It's a common tactic used to size up your opponent. In any case good work not replying and ignore what he said about you being rude. If you didn't want to give him an advantage that's your gain right?

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Ok Thanks, I was just worried that in pvp they couldn't click on your text like normal and I was really being rude.

Survivor
May 02, 2014
If the other wizard start to talk to you will you just ignore or what.

Like a warlord says hi and good luck to a private wizard and the private wizards says hi and good luck back.

That how it use to be in first age pvp. It was nice and friendly and that what I'm trying to get back to.

Kymma lvl 16 captain in rank pvp

PS:

Help me get rank pvp to be friendly again so you want have to turn off your chat in rank PVP.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Usually they get a friend to try to get you to talk. That way they can see your stats, but you can't see theirs. It's one of the major problems with allowing spectators. It's not rude at all to remain silent during a match.