Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Strategy

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Alright, I've tried just about every strategy for PvP that I can possibly think of, and none of them have really worked for me.

Perhaps it's just the way PvP is, but I have done a lot of matches with strategies that I believed would actually work, and my rating has been in the 400s/500s for as long as I can remember.

I have Gargantuan, I have Satyr, I have Tower Shield, I have all that I need for PvP.

Except a good deck construction.

So, I would like some tips on how to make a good deck that can get me to Warlord.

I don't have to get there fast, but I have to get there.

Thanks in advance.

Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
Defender
Jun 14, 2010
I might have forgotten to mention that I'm a legendary Necromancer ...

Sorry about that.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
generalaidan wrote:
What is your primary school?
do you know anything good cause i am a lvl 60 storm and my rank is really low, i need help please??

Survivor
May 25, 2009
this deck got me to knight but thats just my playing style

5 deathblades- essential buff

2 spiritblades- I dont find myself able to use 1 pip for this spell but extra buff anyway

5 tower shield- best spell ever shield againest balance and stack on storm wizards

2 feint- risky spell, use it when you are absolutely sure you are well protected

4- Wraith- you will find yourself to be using this more than skeletal dragon
use as secondary heal

2 satyr- in pvp you wont find yourself able to sacrifice the pips neccesary for this spell. If you have life mastery then that is an easier heal for you.

3-4 Skeletal dragon-once again you wont find yourself able to use this often because of triage and other people's insane resist

4- Sacrifice- primary heal use it to get rid of feint and hex

3 skeletal pirate- use gargantuan on this and you will be golden

4 poison- main shield breaker

5- scarecrow- minion killer

4- Volcanic shield- shield for hard hitting schools

3-dream shield- shield for other schools

3 death shield- use for other deaths and sacrifice

5 doom and gloom- to win the bubble war and to stop life wizards from healing so much

3 conviction- use it for stun block and critical block

4 infection- self explanitory

1 reshuffle- unlimited cards a must have

I think that is 64 cards right there

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Alright, I've tried just about every strategy for PvP that I can possibly think of, and none of them have really worked for me.

Perhaps it's just the way PvP is, but I have done a lot of matches with strategies that I believed would actually work, and my rating has been in the 400s/500s for as long as I can remember.

I have Gargantuan, I have Satyr, I have Tower Shield, I have all that I need for PvP.

Except a good deck construction.

So, I would like some tips on how to make a good deck that can get me to Warlord.

I don't have to get there fast, but I have to get there.

Thanks in advance.

It will depend on your main and secondary school. For example, if you are ice, you can use storm as your secondary school and you will be basically be (almost) undeafeatable with ice health, ice shielding, and storm damage. Another example is, if you are storm, you can train ice or life and can use life as your healing spell because of storm's low health or use ice shielding to protect them.

I like to use a wipeout tactic. It saves the agony of the wizard healing over and over again, I just kill them in one blast so they can't use it. I stack my deck with some powerful attack spells, a shield or two, some healing spells, and tons of blades and traps. I just see the opponent wizard's health and use math to do the rest. I calculate how strong a spell need to be, and if the health is a bit too high I just pretend to use some cheap 2-pip spells to lower the other wizard's health into wipeout strike range. Then just stack up with the blades and traps, cast it and wipeout the enemy.

If the wizard's health is too high, I use brute attack. I load up on pips, then attack at once with kraken, vampire, wraith, evil snowman, any strong spell until the wizard runs out of healing spells. They can't last forever unless they have reshuffle.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Survivor
Feb 24, 2009
unfortunately death isnt my strongest school in pvp probably have a sub private rank lol but as for balance and ice i can give you tips not to sure about storm yet only a lvl 30 storm and he just made sgt

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
Delver
Aug 30, 2011
If you are death I would suggest you try out storm. Your death spells allow you to heal, and whilst you attack and heal at the same time you can use storm attacks to wipeout the enemy.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Fin3cy6 wrote:
If you are death I would suggest you try out storm. Your death spells allow you to heal, and whilst you attack and heal at the same time you can use storm attacks to wipeout the enemy.
Yeah ... not gonna happen any time soon. I've been working on my necromancer for two years now, and I'm not in the mood to try out the most shielded against school.