Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Team Cheats

2
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
48
darthjt wrote:
First off, a way to counter this, is to get a pet that has, may cast storm shield... Secondly, even though storm is the strongest and most powerful hitter in the game, 4 tempest right off the bat, does not mean full team is dead... Now, with this being said, lets take other teams against a full storm team and compare them, shall we?

Ok, math was pretty much given for storms tempest, pretty much, but lets recap shall we?
80 per pip x 4 = 320 + 225 Gargantuan = 545 + 82% = 992
Now subtract Universal Resistance; -35% = 645

So a full storm team = 645 x 4 = 2580

Now, not sure about you, but every school out there but storm can survive 2580 damage... Now, yes, there is critical chance, which means and lets be factual here and not use lucky as some have said, 1 out of 4 will be critical, since that is the supposed mathmatical equation... so, if 1 out of 4 hits critical add in another 645, for a total of 3225... Now, can this kill an entire team? I seem to recall some schools having more health than this, even more universal resistance than what is stated, being 35%...

Can a team survive 1st round Tempest? Answer is YES...
Now, with a pet that casts storm shield, that will save a great deal of health, also one that has spell proof and spritely, will also heal you and save you from even more damage...

OK, now lets move on, shall we?
Now, lets take Fire, shall we, lets do minimum damage for all of meteor...
305 + 225 = 530 + 60% = 848 - 35% = 551

Now 551 x 4 = 2204

This is the lowest amount of damage a full Fire team can do, without hitting a critical and stating that all 4 meteors do the least amount of damage that they can do... Can storm survive that? Most storm wizards can't, they dont get their health high enough...

Shall we go to Blizzard now? Now for Blizzard, I will be average and take the middle amount of Damage:
270 + 250 = 520 + 43% = 744 - 35% = 484

Now 484 x 4 = 1936

Yes, Storm can survive, barely, if nobody on Ice Hits critical, if they all do medium damage, if all of Ice have the same damage modifier, and if the full storm team all have at least 35% resistance...

Now, Myth:
Froggy = say 310 for average...

310 + 225 = 535 + 65% = 883 - 35% = 574 x 4 = 2296

Once again, storm will not survive this attack...

So, to sum up the Math of the full equation...

Storm can win if they go first, if they get criticals, if the opponent does not have critical blocks, if the opponent does not have a pet with may cast storm shield talent, if the opponents have lower than 35% resistance, if the opponents have less than 2580 Health if all of the other factors fail...

Does not sound like a likely scenario for storm considering that if any other team goes first and attacks a full storm team...

You can even mix and match them...

If 1 uses froggy, one uses meteor, one uses blizzard, and one uses sandstorm, no matter how you mix or match, they do not even have to critical, it means that a full storm team is DEAD, defeated...

So, how is that for mathmatical calculations... So, if you see a full storm team, this should be your counter, because if you go first, storm team is dead, if they go first, storm team has a chance, but does not mean it will kill your team, and then they are dead with the counter attacks...
I'd like to point out that your math relies mostly on estimates and personal experience. Tell me, how often do you find a full Fire team, a full Myth team, a full Ice team, or a full Balance team that all use their multiple hit spells at once? Even with variations of the group, I have yet to see a phenomena where a team like that uses those spells at once. However, I constantly battle against and watch Storm teams unleashing chain Tempests upon other groups. Your math is a bunch of 'if this is like that', keyword: IF. You post the circumstances that best prove your point, I would like to see the circumstances that provide the most stable information. Also, you spelled mathematical wrong.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
How many storm players do you know that have more than 2200 health? I know I have shown some how to do it, however, it will cost them power to do it... So, if they are going to have the 82% power that is suggested that storm has, they will not have mega health!

So, actually, by the same standards then, this proves exactly how every team can wipe out storm on the first round as easily as storm can wipe them out on the first round... Can't you see that, or are you too biased to care?

So, it greatly depends on who goes first...

As for Life and Death... Their problem is, they have no 2 powerpip attack all spells... Best they can do, is farm for an Amulet and train another schools attack all spells... Then, craft the critical gear and lose resistance...

Now, this is not ideal, but neither is the fact that people are always faced against a full team of storms... So, hey, if you want to whine and complain, I am giving you options, but of course, people that cry do not listen, they are too busy, balling their eyes out...

So, How many more ways would you like me to provide to counter a full storm team? I am out of cookies, would you like some cheese?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
darthjt wrote:
How many storm players do you know that have more than 2200 health? I know I have shown some how to do it, however, it will cost them power to do it... So, if they are going to have the 82% power that is suggested that storm has, they will not have mega health!

So, actually, by the same standards then, this proves exactly how every team can wipe out storm on the first round as easily as storm can wipe them out on the first round... Can't you see that, or are you too biased to care?

So, it greatly depends on who goes first...

As for Life and Death... Their problem is, they have no 2 powerpip attack all spells... Best they can do, is farm for an Amulet and train another schools attack all spells... Then, craft the critical gear and lose resistance...

Now, this is not ideal, but neither is the fact that people are always faced against a full team of storms... So, hey, if you want to whine and complain, I am giving you options, but of course, people that cry do not listen, they are too busy, balling their eyes out...

So, How many more ways would you like me to provide to counter a full storm team? I am out of cookies, would you like some cheese?


Darth i know plenty of storm above 2200 health and 82% because thats the waterworks gear lol?? Storm doesnt have to sacrifice anything to get that, if they want more than can get up to like 88% thats highest i have seen. Anyway darth he is right, so stop complaining and trying to salvage any accounts of an arguement your just proving yourself wrong constantly you actually did the real math which only proved further that storm teams are OP. So just stop complaining about ok? Its funny you call everyone that doesnt believe in what you say a complainer but your the one ranting, because all of the math behind shows that all storm teams are OP.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
How many storm players do you know that have more than 2200 health? I know I have shown some how to do it, however, it will cost them power to do it... So, if they are going to have the 82% power that is suggested that storm has, they will not have mega health!

So, actually, by the same standards then, this proves exactly how every team can wipe out storm on the first round as easily as storm can wipe them out on the first round... Can't you see that, or are you too biased to care?

So, it greatly depends on who goes first...

As for Life and Death... Their problem is, they have no 2 powerpip attack all spells... Best they can do, is farm for an Amulet and train another schools attack all spells... Then, craft the critical gear and lose resistance...

Now, this is not ideal, but neither is the fact that people are always faced against a full team of storms... So, hey, if you want to whine and complain, I am giving you options, but of course, people that cry do not listen, they are too busy, balling their eyes out...

So, How many more ways would you like me to provide to counter a full storm team? I am out of cookies, would you like some cheese?


Darth i know plenty of storm above 2200 health and 82% because thats the waterworks gear lol?? Storm doesnt have to sacrifice anything to get that, if they want more than can get up to like 88% thats highest i have seen. Anyway darth he is right, so stop complaining and trying to salvage any accounts of an arguement your just proving yourself wrong constantly you actually did the real math which only proved further that storm teams are OP. So just stop complaining about ok? Its funny you call everyone that doesnt believe in what you say a complainer but your the one ranting, because all of the math behind shows that all storm teams are OP.


I know exactly what the waterworks gear gives for storm, I also know the health storm can have, and if you had Actually READ my posts, you would understand, that to have a lot more health, you have to sacrifice POWER for Health....

Storm is not OverPowered, what is obviously overpowered is the technique and strategy, because you fail to do anything to overcome this obstacle... You are close minded and do not want to think or do anything, except sit here and whine and complain...

Teams can Beat storm right off the bat! Without Critical!!! So, how is this Making storm so OverPowered???

You really need to think and read before you reply... Because you don't seem to understand what is posted...

Now, I will give everyone a possible solution to all PVP problems... Make it to where everyone in PVP start with 1 PIP!!! and 1 pip only...

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Jaypaw101 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
First off, a way to counter this, is to get a pet that has, may cast storm shield... Secondly, even though storm is the strongest and most powerful hitter in the game, 4 tempest right off the bat, does not mean full team is dead... Now, with this being said, lets take other teams against a full storm team and compare them, shall we?

Ok, math was pretty much given for storms tempest, pretty much, but lets recap shall we?
80 per pip x 4 = 320 + 225 Gargantuan = 545 + 82% = 992
Now subtract Universal Resistance; -35% = 645

So a full storm team = 645 x 4 = 2580

Now, not sure about you, but every school out there but storm can survive 2580 damage... Now, yes, there is critical chance, which means and lets be factual here and not use lucky as some have said, 1 out of 4 will be critical, since that is the supposed mathmatical equation... so, if 1 out of 4 hits critical add in another 645, for a total of 3225... Now, can this kill an entire team? I seem to recall some schools having more health than this, even more universal resistance than what is stated, being 35%...

Can a team survive 1st round Tempest? Answer is YES...
Now, with a pet that casts storm shield, that will save a great deal of health, also one that has spell proof and spritely, will also heal you and save you from even more damage...

OK, now lets move on, shall we?
Now, lets take Fire, shall we, lets do minimum damage for all of meteor...
305 + 225 = 530 + 60% = 848 - 35% = 551

Now 551 x 4 = 2204

This is the lowest amount of damage a full Fire team can do, without hitting a critical and stating that all 4 meteors do the least amount of damage that they can do... Can storm survive that? Most storm wizards can't, they dont get their health high enough...

Shall we go to Blizzard now? Now for Blizzard, I will be average and take the middle amount of Damage:
270 + 250 = 520 + 43% = 744 - 35% = 484

Now 484 x 4 = 1936

Yes, Storm can survive, barely, if nobody on Ice Hits critical, if they all do medium damage, if all of Ice have the same damage modifier, and if the full storm team all have at least 35% resistance...

Now, Myth:
Froggy = say 310 for average...

310 + 225 = 535 + 65% = 883 - 35% = 574 x 4 = 2296

Once again, storm will not survive this attack...

So, to sum up the Math of the full equation...

Storm can win if they go first, if they get criticals, if the opponent does not have critical blocks, if the opponent does not have a pet with may cast storm shield talent, if the opponents have lower than 35% resistance, if the opponents have less than 2580 Health if all of the other factors fail...

Does not sound like a likely scenario for storm considering that if any other team goes first and attacks a full storm team...

You can even mix and match them...

If 1 uses froggy, one uses meteor, one uses blizzard, and one uses sandstorm, no matter how you mix or match, they do not even have to critical, it means that a full storm team is DEAD, defeated...

So, how is that for mathmatical calculations... So, if you see a full storm team, this should be your counter, because if you go first, storm team is dead, if they go first, storm team has a chance, but does not mean it will kill your team, and then they are dead with the counter attacks...
I'd like to point out that your math relies mostly on estimates and personal experience. Tell me, how often do you find a full Fire team, a full Myth team, a full Ice team, or a full Balance team that all use their multiple hit spells at once? Even with variations of the group, I have yet to see a phenomena where a team like that uses those spells at once. However, I constantly battle against and watch Storm teams unleashing chain Tempests upon other groups. Your math is a bunch of 'if this is like that', keyword: IF. You post the circumstances that best prove your point, I would like to see the circumstances that provide the most stable information. Also, you spelled mathematical wrong.


Every Scenario in PvP is a bunch of If's...

If Storm goes first, If they hit Critical, If you fail Critical Block, If you don't have a pet that has may cast storm shield, or may cast tower shield, or may cast spritely...

Now, what I have stated, is that a team, can easily kill, without hitting critical, a full storm team... Now, the reason you don't see this, is because people don't usually work together or form this type of strategy...

However, for those who would rather come here and whine and complain about a full storm team, I am showing, factually, what can happen... If people choose to use these strategies or get things to help them to combat the full storm team scenario...

So, once again, the whole debate is a bunch of IF's... Because IF the full storm team does not go first, the other team can stun full storm team, blade up, then attack, or spam shield, etc...

The Only true way to solve any problems with any team killing anyone on first round, is to make it to where everyone in PvP starts with 1 PiP...

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
48
I know several storms with over 2200 health, friends of mine, and they have high attack damage increase as well. And I would like to reiterate my point: how often do you come across a team that isn't Storm that uses all of their multiple hit spells at once? Have you ever once faced four Pyromancers spamming Meteor? Four Balances spamming Sandstorm? A combination of the two? How often have you faced a bunch of Diviners spamming Tempest? Ask yourself these questions, then post.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Jaypaw101 wrote:
I know several storms with over 2200 health, friends of mine, and they have high attack damage increase as well. And I would like to reiterate my point: how often do you come across a team that isn't Storm that uses all of their multiple hit spells at once? Have you ever once faced four Pyromancers spamming Meteor? Four Balances spamming Sandstorm? A combination of the two? How often have you faced a bunch of Diviners spamming Tempest? Ask yourself these questions, then post.


I also know several storm wizards with over 2200 health, as I have taught many storm how to get more health... See my replies to the posts on Storms health is too low...

The whole point is, that you don't see everyone attacking a full storm team right off the bat... Why, because they would rather come here and whine and cry, saying that storm is too overpowered and it is not fair...

Sorry, but I am not going to keep giving out ways to overcome this situation to deaf ears... I will however, start handing out cheese... Are you first in line?

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
175
Yes Darthjt, you have shown us that by employing the same tactic as full storm teams we can defeat a full storm team. However, my initial post points out that this is the issue not the solution. No one wants to die in the first round of a PvP match especially if they didn't even get a chance to cast their first spell.

Your suggestion of one pip only to start a match is a valid solution, however, I won't buy into it as in my mind we should be using PvP to help us strategize against bosses and improve our overall game. How many full storm teams take on Waterworks or some other dungeon and only use tempest the whole way?

What I get from storm players is they FEAR their low health, generally 1000 less then any other school at max level. This makes them believe they are target #1 every fight. Every PvPer knows to take out the healer first so how can storm be #1?

I was in a match with a storm guy that told me I had to keep him alive for us to win. While I did actually believe this myself when I was throwing heals on myself he got mad and fled the match. He was barely hurt maybe 600 damage while I was at 1200 of my 3200 health.

While my observation is not a judgement of all Storm players. I'd say though that utilizing teams compiled of different schools you can better strategize and use their strengths to help out your weaknesses.

Yes the tactic of hitting everyone in round one works but again I ask, is it fun?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
darthjt wrote:
Jaypaw101 wrote:
I know several storms with over 2200 health, friends of mine, and they have high attack damage increase as well. And I would like to reiterate my point: how often do you come across a team that isn't Storm that uses all of their multiple hit spells at once? Have you ever once faced four Pyromancers spamming Meteor? Four Balances spamming Sandstorm? A combination of the two? How often have you faced a bunch of Diviners spamming Tempest? Ask yourself these questions, then post.


I also know several storm wizards with over 2200 health, as I have taught many storm how to get more health... See my replies to the posts on Storms health is too low...

The whole point is, that you don't see everyone attacking a full storm team right off the bat... Why, because they would rather come here and whine and cry, saying that storm is too overpowered and it is not fair...

Sorry, but I am not going to keep giving out ways to overcome this situation to deaf ears... I will however, start handing out cheese... Are you first in line?


Darth reading your constant posts have lead me to ask this question.. I'm dead serious here.... Do you actually play the game, or do you just post??

I understand that you are upset that everyone disagrees with you but stop complaining and drop it.... You know every single time people post a compelling arguement that is completely fact, backed up with the math, backed up with examples, and a complete overall arguement. They are right

And yet you have the nerve to just scramble up some really choppy explanation "well if you could cast a shield"?? If you understood game play that is not always an option there are plenty of instances where you can't do that.

So Darth this is my advice to you, please don't rant, every single post i read of yours is just saying people are wrong please give an actual arguement...

"Pointless Rants are exactly what they are.......Pointless"

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
thorvon65 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Jaypaw101 wrote:
I know several storms with over 2200 health, friends of mine, and they have high attack damage increase as well. And I would like to reiterate my point: how often do you come across a team that isn't Storm that uses all of their multiple hit spells at once? Have you ever once faced four Pyromancers spamming Meteor? Four Balances spamming Sandstorm? A combination of the two? How often have you faced a bunch of Diviners spamming Tempest? Ask yourself these questions, then post.


I also know several storm wizards with over 2200 health, as I have taught many storm how to get more health... See my replies to the posts on Storms health is too low...

The whole point is, that you don't see everyone attacking a full storm team right off the bat... Why, because they would rather come here and whine and cry, saying that storm is too overpowered and it is not fair...

Sorry, but I am not going to keep giving out ways to overcome this situation to deaf ears... I will however, start handing out cheese... Are you first in line?


Darth reading your constant posts have lead me to ask this question.. I'm dead serious here.... Do you actually play the game, or do you just post??

I understand that you are upset that everyone disagrees with you but stop complaining and drop it.... You know every single time people post a compelling arguement that is completely fact, backed up with the math, backed up with examples, and a complete overall arguement. They are right

And yet you have the nerve to just scramble up some really choppy explanation "well if you could cast a shield"?? If you understood game play that is not always an option there are plenty of instances where you can't do that.

So Darth this is my advice to you, please don't rant, every single post i read of yours is just saying people are wrong please give an actual arguement...

"Pointless Rants are exactly what they are.......Pointless"


LOL, Oh you must be the funniest person on the message boards...

The one that is ranting, raving, complaining, and whining is you...

I have shown, how schools CAN Survive an all out Tempest Attack... I have countered your every complaint and whine on this issue... I have proven that STORM is the one that CAN die on all out attacks 1st round...

Now, no, that is not fun to die 1st round without doing anything... Hence, why I suggested going down to 1 pip to start PvP...

The only thing you have done Thorvon, is show how completely laughable you are... I will not give into your silly little games anymore.. You have completely shown that you just don't get the concept of the game, or any type of strategy... You are too close minded to think straight...

Now, I have tried to help, but like I said, you dont want help, you want to whine and cry... So, for you, I wont even waste my cheese...

Administrator
I loathe repeating myself, however lessons apparently have not been learned.

Recently the sparring between players - usually reserved for the PvP arena - has leaked on to these Message Boards.

Opposing opinions always make for interesting conversation, but several recent threads went the way of personal attacks against individuals on these message boards. This type of behavior will not be tolerated and I apologize for letting these threads go too far.

Offending threads have been completely removed, and further attempts to spur hateful and disruptive dialog will not be approved.

2