Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm pvp guide (level 12)

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 27, 2012
I have a level 12 storm warlord, so anyone looking to start a low level pvp charcter, this is for you!

One of the first things you want to do, is get level 5, then stop. Its so important not to go past this, or your time to commander will be very hard towards the end.

So, get level 5, and stay level 5 until you get the commander gear.

To get commander, get a firezilla (stormzilla works too if its available), and stock up on krake

The gear I prefer is the following:
- Midsummers Cowl. Storms low health needs all the help it can get. With the additional bonus of resist and sprite, you cant go wrong with this.
- Jacket of Withstanding. Again, nice health, with additional resist and a tower, nothing works better.
- Footgear of Medediction. Low health, but accuracy, damage, and a hex can help getting those big hits off.
- Heartsteel. Health, and fifth resist. You will keep this always.
- Any ring you like, until you can get the duelist ring from the new guy. (Forgot his name)
- Ascendent Staff. Gives an extra pip. You REALLY REALLY want this. You will keep it only until you get the extra 3000 tickets for wand the new guy sells.
- Pet: this is tricky. Of course something with double resist, healing, and damage is best, but if you cant get one, any zilla will work.
- Amulet. With storm, use nightshades choker until you start getting magus and adept people to deal with. You will want life mastery after that, cause they can hit you enough to make you heal. And you always want to save as many pips as you can.
- Any deck is ok, as long as you can get the spells you need. Novice storm deck is what you will need eventually though.

Next step is deck setup. For getting commander, you will rely on tc's or your pets spell. So dont clutter your deck.

Now get commander. Be patient!! Dont give up after one loss. If you've been loosing for a bit, take a break and come back later. Chances are your luck will change.

DO NOT BUY SERGEANT GEAR. ITS NOT WORTH IT!
Save for commander gear. you should be able to buy it all pretty soon after you rank high enough.

Strategy: Hit fast and hard. Kill them before they get a chance to even touch you.

After you get commander gear, level up to 12. You will have convert, a blade, and better pip chance.
Training points: Life to sprite, and life shield. You will be able to shield every school if you do this/

Once you get level 12, you want the novice storm deck, This is my setup, and it works great:
-2 legend shield
-2 life shield
-3 pixie
-2 sprite
-2 prism
-2 shark
-2 storm shield
-3 storm blade
-2 thermic shield
Side Deck:
-2 pixie
-otomo fury
-feint
-leviathan
-2 triton
-elemental blade
Strategy: Start with a wand to test their resist. Then, blade, trap, and hit accordingly to their health and resist. Make sure not to waste tc for an op hit. If your resist is over or close to 50, you should have no problem taking on magus. Heal if your health goes below 350.

Good luck in pvp to all!

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I have several questions about your deck setup.
  1. Life shield why? You should only be training double shields in my opinion, and instead of single Storm Shield, just train to Volcanic or Glacial. Just use Tower Shield and Weakness on Life wizards.
  2. Why bother with huge one-hit treasure cards? They are easily blocked. My advice would be to use tiny spells in combos if you're Storm. More experienced people shield against Storm.
  3. Why Feint? Feint strategies usually fail against more experienced players. There are literally a dozen ways to beat it.
  4. Why no Infection? Opponents heal!
  5. Why no Infallible? Opponents have resist.
  6. Why no Shatter or Pierce? Opponents shield, sometimes a lot.
  7. Why no Triage? Defend against Poison, Skeletal Dragon, Heckhound, Basilisk.
  8. Why no Darkwind? It's like a permanent Stormblade.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Lucas Rain on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
I have several questions about your deck setup.
  1. Life shield why? You should only be training double shields in my opinion, and instead of single Storm Shield, just train to Volcanic or Glacial. Just use Tower Shield and Weakness on Life wizards.
  2. Why bother with huge one-hit treasure cards? They are easily blocked. My advice would be to use tiny spells in combos if you're Storm. More experienced people shield against Storm.
  3. Why Feint? Feint strategies usually fail against more experienced players. There are literally a dozen ways to beat it.
  4. Why no Infection? Opponents heal!
  5. Why no Infallible? Opponents have resist.
  6. Why no Shatter or Pierce? Opponents shield, sometimes a lot.
  7. Why no Triage? Defend against Poison, Skeletal Dragon, Heckhound, Basilisk.
  8. Why no Darkwind? It's like a permanent Stormblade.
This is just the way i feel comfortbale playing..
Its weird i know, but I rarely lose. and most players dont use poison, dragon, hound, or basilisk. So traige is not needed. And darkwind can without a doubt be switched for something else when most players you get are 30+. I hit fast and hard. Thats it. Infallible also isnt needed. If you come across a warlord with commander gear, its simple. Have good timing. Most of the time with 50+ resist their rank 8 isnt gonna one hit you unless they blade up. You feint the round you think they will hit, or the one before, then hit. You kill. And infection isnt needed when you kill in one hit. I got life shield so I can always shield any school. Thermic for fire and ice, then storm shields. No elemental can get a big hit on you. Life and legend shields. No spirit can get a big hit on you. Your only weak spot is balance, but thats what levy and triton are for. Blade, shield, then do whatever until you can hit. They die, you win. Simple.

Sorry you dont agree with my strategy. I play weird but it seems to work.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
This is just the way i feel comfortbale playing..
Its weird i know, but I rarely lose. and most players dont use poison, dragon, hound, or basilisk. So traige is not needed. And darkwind can without a doubt be switched for something else when most players you get are 30+. I hit fast and hard. Thats it. Infallible also isnt needed. If you come across a warlord with commander gear, its simple. Have good timing. Most of the time with 50+ resist their rank 8 isnt gonna one hit you unless they blade up. You feint the round you think they will hit, or the one before, then hit. You kill. And infection isnt needed when you kill in one hit. I got life shield so I can always shield any school. Thermic for fire and ice, then storm shields. No elemental can get a big hit on you. Life and legend shields. No spirit can get a big hit on you. Your only weak spot is balance, but thats what levy and triton are for. Blade, shield, then do whatever until you can hit. They die, you win. Simple.

Sorry you dont agree with my strategy. I play weird but it seems to work.
I would like to point out that if when you say 'spirit shield' you mean 'spirit armor' that Death's drains can completely bypass that shield and hit you directly. Now if you mean 'spirit shield' as in the two shields trainable by either the life or myth school then I am sorry I stand corrected. Just thought I would prevent any confusion there.

R.I.P.
Morgrim, Lvl. 82