Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm owl too much damage?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
40
1525-1625 + colossal and the storm damage I: and i know you guys will say shield (idk about ice) but some storm carry myth mastery or scatter.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
Storm owl is perfect the way it is, without any side effects it isn't much of a problem as long as you have some way of blocking the damage. If it were an aoe or had some kind of other effect, then it would be a problem.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
4
I agree with AstroStorm it is just damage without any side effects so it can easily be block by a tower, -70% , or you could even use a weakness and most people that pvp normally have decent resist so storm owl shouldn't be to much of a problem if you shield right

Survivor
Nov 30, 2011
17
It's great cause storm is meant for damage. It doesnt have any other effects like stun or smoke so you shouldn't have to worry too much about it.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
Storm Owl only hits one enemy without any side affects and can be shielded/dispeled so i dont really see much of a problem.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
While it may not have any side effects, you can't disregard the fact it hits near 2000 on its base. I recently nearly had my first pvp defeat in months due to an owl. my myth has a 50% storm resist, and had a tower on, and a 4th turn storm owl still hit several thousand on me. If you take the fact that storms can fairly easily hit 100% storm damage (particular opponent i was dueling had 101%,) and the large critical rate, it doesnt need a side effect because when it hits your dead. In my particular duel it went pretty much like this: we both use sharpened blade, we both use normal blade, i use tower he uses storm trap, he hits a 3258 damage owl. Critical was blocked, but i still got nailed pretty bad. only reason I even won is he apparently thought insane bolt spam would be a great idea and killed himself. Personally,I don't see why I should have to start packing tc 85% storm shields because storm got a better rank 10 than I. Either a little bit of Nerfing action needs to take place, or the other schools need something a little better.

-Mason Shadowwraith, 87 myth Captain

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
I probably should let all of you know this but according to the ratios of the first spells, in storm's case thunder snake, storm owl is indeed overpowered, but let me exlain first. Thunder costed 1 pip and did 135-145 damage, going by that math, storm owl which cost 10 pips should in theory be around 1350-1450 damage. Even so i'm still sticking with my original opinion on the subject, storm hasn't really gotten too good of an increase in health, without sacrificing some other stats, I think my storm gained like what? one hundred more health from Avalon to Azteca. Putting in that fact that we're sacrificing health for damage, we really should have this. If your wise in battle and how to shield and dispel, it's not much a problem and you can always heal from it if it does it you.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
333
I actually disagree as a Storm. Compare this to the Ice 88 spell. The damage we can pull off with any spell will be just as good as this, while Ice is taking pips, stunning... I know many people complain about Ice, I am not complaining, I am just saying, low the damage for some kind of effect.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
29
It's really hard for a storm person to get 10 pips. He/she might fill up before getting the 10 pips.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
46
1320Wraith on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
While it may not have any side effects, you can't disregard the fact it hits near 2000 on its base. I recently nearly had my first pvp defeat in months due to an owl. my myth has a 50% storm resist, and had a tower on, and a 4th turn storm owl still hit several thousand on me. If you take the fact that storms can fairly easily hit 100% storm damage (particular opponent i was dueling had 101%,) and the large critical rate, it doesnt need a side effect because when it hits your dead. In my particular duel it went pretty much like this: we both use sharpened blade, we both use normal blade, i use tower he uses storm trap, he hits a 3258 damage owl. Critical was blocked, but i still got nailed pretty bad. only reason I even won is he apparently thought insane bolt spam would be a great idea and killed himself. Personally,I don't see why I should have to start packing tc 85% storm shields because storm got a better rank 10 than I. Either a little bit of Nerfing action needs to take place, or the other schools need something a little better.

-Mason Shadowwraith, 87 myth Captain
I'm sorry for your near death experience in pvp recently. Honestly, i'm not one to complain about the damage. I don't even own a storm wizard. To me the damage seems reasonably considering its a level, you know... 88! spell. Storm is meant to have high damage, since in the end their other stats are low(health for example). Why not carry the storm shields then? I don't see the problem with doing just that if you don't wanna experience the same thing again.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
18
Not too much for 10 pips but just get spirit armor tower shield storm shield weakness elemental shield and it will be no problem

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
193
nick468d on Nov 16, 2012 wrote:
1525-1625 + colossal and the storm damage I: and i know you guys will say shield (idk about ice) but some storm carry myth mastery or scatter.
I agree, 1525 damage with the 80% gear boost is already 2745. With colossal, it's 3240 with an 80% gear boost.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
SchicksalBestimmun... on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
I agree, 1525 damage with the 80% gear boost is already 2745. With colossal, it's 3240 with an 80% gear boost.
well if your a good pvp'er then you have plenty resist and have shields in your deck to block the damage plus after they use it there out of pips and it does not have any side affects.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
96
1320Wraith on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
While it may not have any side effects, you can't disregard the fact it hits near 2000 on its base. I recently nearly had my first pvp defeat in months due to an owl. my myth has a 50% storm resist, and had a tower on, and a 4th turn storm owl still hit several thousand on me. If you take the fact that storms can fairly easily hit 100% storm damage (particular opponent i was dueling had 101%,) and the large critical rate, it doesnt need a side effect because when it hits your dead. In my particular duel it went pretty much like this: we both use sharpened blade, we both use normal blade, i use tower he uses storm trap, he hits a 3258 damage owl. Critical was blocked, but i still got nailed pretty bad. only reason I even won is he apparently thought insane bolt spam would be a great idea and killed himself. Personally,I don't see why I should have to start packing tc 85% storm shields because storm got a better rank 10 than I. Either a little bit of Nerfing action needs to take place, or the other schools need something a little better.

-Mason Shadowwraith, 87 myth Captain
The storm one isn't the one you should be complaining about.Think about the ice one it does 1,325 (with colossal) and owl does 1,900 (with colossal).A difference of 575 but ice removes three pips.And it will remove your first three pips so if you have a white pip in the first slot and power pips in the others it would remove the white pip and two of the power pips.That's five pips.Would you like your spell to do 575 more damage or remove up to six pips?I would pick the remove pips spell.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
145
AstroStorm on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
I probably should let all of you know this but according to the ratios of the first spells, in storm's case thunder snake, storm owl is indeed overpowered, but let me exlain first. Thunder costed 1 pip and did 135-145 damage, going by that math, storm owl which cost 10 pips should in theory be around 1350-1450 damage. Even so i'm still sticking with my original opinion on the subject, storm hasn't really gotten too good of an increase in health, without sacrificing some other stats, I think my storm gained like what? one hundred more health from Avalon to Azteca. Putting in that fact that we're sacrificing health for damage, we really should have this. If your wise in battle and how to shield and dispel, it's not much a problem and you can always heal from it if it does it you.
Astrostorm, I'm sorry but I disagree with you BIGTIME. I've met storm wizards with around 4,000 health and even better statistics of all other kinds. Now, I'm not trying to be mean, but I do think the storm school is overpowered. I mean seriously, with just one storm blade and maybe a trap, the storm owl can hit about 3,500 damage! That's how much damage my medusa does with maximum blades, traps, and a gargantuan enchantment as well! I'm myth school by the way. So I hope you get my point. Storm doesn't extremely need an attack that does overkill just about every single time.

Robert Dragonrider, level 74 myth " The puppet master."

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
406
Spiral emperor on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
Astrostorm, I'm sorry but I disagree with you BIGTIME. I've met storm wizards with around 4,000 health and even better statistics of all other kinds. Now, I'm not trying to be mean, but I do think the storm school is overpowered. I mean seriously, with just one storm blade and maybe a trap, the storm owl can hit about 3,500 damage! That's how much damage my medusa does with maximum blades, traps, and a gargantuan enchantment as well! I'm myth school by the way. So I hope you get my point. Storm doesn't extremely need an attack that does overkill just about every single time.

Robert Dragonrider, level 74 myth " The puppet master."
Everyone has their wn opinions on any subject, and I can respect that. It was the intended purpose for the storm school, it's suppose to be an overpowered damage, overkill school. Taking away that damage it would just make sorm be every other school withlower health. Also have you seen the gear worn by those storm wizards you refer to? their pets? gears? not every wizard is made the same and will never be the same. Lastly for a little funny extra, my storm wizard can do well over 3,500 damage wiht just colossal and my natural storm boost.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2011
3
I have no Idea why this ice 88 spell keeps showing up. That's just rediculous, it might do damage to all enemies BUT, a good storm wizard has very high damage boost, while ice focuses more on resistance. Base damage is easy 3000 base damage with crit, while the ice is less than 1500 base damage aoe OVER 3 ROUNDS. No comparison people, but neither is overpowered. There isn't any overpowered spells in the game as long as they are being used at an appropriate level.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
46
Spiral emperor on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
Astrostorm, I'm sorry but I disagree with you BIGTIME. I've met storm wizards with around 4,000 health and even better statistics of all other kinds. Now, I'm not trying to be mean, but I do think the storm school is overpowered. I mean seriously, with just one storm blade and maybe a trap, the storm owl can hit about 3,500 damage! That's how much damage my medusa does with maximum blades, traps, and a gargantuan enchantment as well! I'm myth school by the way. So I hope you get my point. Storm doesn't extremely need an attack that does overkill just about every single time.

Robert Dragonrider, level 74 myth " The puppet master."
So i'm guessing you want the next storm spell to do something like 5 damage for 11 pips? You do realize that the level cap is high, and so we should be getting stronger stats. Every school is over powered in its own way, you just need to know a way to comeback to that.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
145
Ok. I guess I need to look before I leap. I guess you guys are a little sensitive about the way you duel and save the spiral. But, it's not like I hate storm wizards. In fact, some of my best friends are diviners. BUT, you don't have to get all sarcastic with me. No, I do not want storm wizards to get a 5 damage, 11 pip spell! Are you crazy!! Come on, not even I would have that happen. You guys are so silly.

Sincerely,

Robert Dragonrider, The Puppet Master.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
13
I do not agree with this. The Storm Owl is wonderful in bosses that has a lot of health. It is also good for getting rid of a powerful player in pvp matches. I can see the reasons why some people may think it might be over rated. This is just from my perspective.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
5
Spiral emperor on Feb 2, 2013 wrote:
Ok. I guess I need to look before I leap. I guess you guys are a little sensitive about the way you duel and save the spiral. But, it's not like I hate storm wizards. In fact, some of my best friends are diviners. BUT, you don't have to get all sarcastic with me. No, I do not want storm wizards to get a 5 damage, 11 pip spell! Are you crazy!! Come on, not even I would have that happen. You guys are so silly.

Sincerely,

Robert Dragonrider, The Puppet Master.
Ok, first storm is more of an opposite of ice then fire is, you look at there attacks, When you should look at there defenses i am a ice wizard level 90 and i thought storm was over powered. Look at there resist and health use rank 8 or 7 maybe 9 spells on them before they get enough pips to attackc hey can not steal pips so pack a sun spell on that rank 7,8,or 9 and hit before them and another note always bring tower shields or every type of shield in pvp

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
I like the way storm owl is.
However, don't say shield guys. Shatter ._.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
I would not say there is a problem, the first time i encountered the storm owl in pvp, the guy had some boosts but i had a storm shield -80%, that is all i remember but it hit a couple hundred ( 300-400), that wasn't too bad.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1359
Wizgamer105 on Feb 18, 2013 wrote:
I would not say there is a problem, the first time i encountered the storm owl in pvp, the guy had some boosts but i had a storm shield -80%, that is all i remember but it hit a couple hundred ( 300-400), that wasn't too bad.
With myth mastery, they save up to max pips, shatter, (myth mastery) and kill you. End of. Only way to stop them is lord of winter or mana burn. They have cleanse charm.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
13
You guys have to consider that storm's accuracy isn't amazing and that our health/defense isn't too good either. We rely on our massive attacks.