Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm not fair :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
i have been doing pvp for a while now but i can't do any good cause storm element wont do good all it does is power and mana but mana is no good in pvp so its not fair and they health is bad too there is nothing special about storm so please get to be more powerful so i can get to knight-warlord like here's some tips to help:give more health less fizzling and something special for storm like all the other schools like how balance has judgment good to get warlord and fire has heck hound ice has ice armor and tempest is not special so dont say "well tempest is special its not its useless in 1v1 its good for 2v2 3v3 4v4 not 1v1 so any tips to help storm element put the comments in this post

william dragonblood level 54 (storm)
colin something lvl 6 storm

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
70 plus damage and they have nothin? Sorry, but Storm is meant for damage and nothing else.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
i am herobrine on Jan 22, 2013 wrote:
i have been doing pvp for a while now but i can't do any good cause storm element wont do good all it does is power and mana but mana is no good in pvp so its not fair and they health is bad too there is nothing special about storm so please get to be more powerful so i can get to knight-warlord like here's some tips to help:give more health less fizzling and something special for storm like all the other schools like how balance has judgment good to get warlord and fire has heck hound ice has ice armor and tempest is not special so dont say "well tempest is special its not its useless in 1v1 its good for 2v2 3v3 4v4 not 1v1 so any tips to help storm element put the comments in this post

I suggest looking up guides, maybe watching some storm pvp videos? You can find plenty of pvp guides, just have to be resourceful.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
Scarlet Nightdream... on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
70 plus damage and they have nothin? Sorry, but Storm is meant for damage and nothing else.
My storm has 95 damage and my death has 88 damage.

Explorer
Dec 28, 2010
Um sorry but not eveything is easy i am a lvl 90 diviner warlord and i didnt complain about my school being weak! I fought for my ranm i didnt feel sorry for myself i picked myself up and kept trying

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Shayden181 on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
My storm has 95 damage and my death has 88 damage.
I never said Death wasn't meant for damage, I just said Storm was a school focused on damage. Our resist isn't phenomenal and our accuracy is okay, but damage is what keeps us through battles.

In fact, any school can get high damage. Death, Storm, Ice, Fire. It just depends on the gear and battle plan you prefer.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2012
the spell wild bolt is not fair! i am lvl 33 and i was going up against a 28 storm and he wild bolted the first round it did about 1545 and i died! the tc card wild bolt is not allowed but the card is?
that is not fair i was warlord and thx to storms and balance i am a veteran!

ki needs to do something about killing the first round i am fine with keeping it in pvp just make it so its not 2 pips cause everyone starts out with 2 pips. make it something like 5. the card is 10,100,500, or 100 and it is not fair!

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
wizardlegend50 on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
the spell wild bolt is not fair! i am lvl 33 and i was going up against a 28 storm and he wild bolted the first round it did about 1545 and i died! the tc card wild bolt is not allowed but the card is?

ki needs to do something about killing the first round i am fine with keeping it in pvp just make it so its not 2 pips cause everyone starts out with 2 pips. make it something like 5. the card is 10,100,500, or 100 and it is not fair!
I'm sorry what? It is fine the way it is, it's not like it strikes 1000 every time. You are not gonna win 100% of the time, you should keep that in mind. I don't see nothing wrong here just that you are complaining about loosing in pvp.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
i have tried that and made at least 83 storm power but i'm still losing (just not as much)

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012

wild bolt is fair alright you only get 50% 10 40%100 and 30%1000 you just need to practice

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012
Swaying Puppet on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
I suggest looking up guides, maybe watching some storm pvp videos? You can find plenty of pvp guides, just have to be resourceful.
i watched one with storm hound, so i tried it and its working i won to a level 75 ice with it. so the guides was a good idea

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Judging by your posts, Billydunno, things seem to be working out! Remember that Storm is a Glass Cannon (it can deal lots of damage but can't take as much), and you'll be able to build great strategies!

Paul Stormglade, level 90 Diviner, 97% Damage Boost.

Go Sparks!

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
I never said Death wasn't meant for damage, I just said Storm was a school focused on damage. Our resist isn't phenomenal and our accuracy is okay, but damage is what keeps us through battles.

In fact, any school can get high damage. Death, Storm, Ice, Fire. It just depends on the gear and battle plan you prefer.
With WW gear you have around an 8 percent chance to fizz

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
i am herobrine on Feb 17, 2013 wrote:
i have tried that and made at least 83 storm power but i'm still losing (just not as much)
Everyone loses there will always be someone better than you. Sounds harsh or whatever but its true everyone loses sometimes.

Wolf Nightcaller lvl 90 balance commander
Talon Spiritfinder lvl 81 life knight
Wolf Sunwalker lvl 71 fire knight
Wolf Nightcaller lvl 10 myth captain

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
This post is kinda funny. Sorry. My storm is a knight..well was now he is a veteran. And how dare you say tempest is useless! Tempest is the one pip kill machine. Its kinda like lightning bats for me. And ice armor in PvP? you learn early on not to trust that spell. It takes ALL of your pips and then gives you protection..until they pierce it. Never bladestack in 1v1 in my opinion. Even with storm I use the regular blade (my storm is level 70) and a pierce aura and thats when I hit (grrr I don't like you pip taking elemental blade!)

Wolf Stormblood, The Disastrous Diviner (Veteran)
Wofl Skullslinger, Thaumaturge by Trade (Commander)

This is my advice to you billy

Squire
Apr 18, 2010

Ok, listen, you were not warlord if a wild bolt did that much to you. Warlords have resist, and for that to do that much to you, then you were never even a captain. Also, Warlords don't complain about PvP (unless it's puppets) so if you were ever one you shouldn't complain either. Btw, it is fair cause it rarely hits 1000, its just chance and luck.

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
Yes I agree, storm is underpowered. They need to give us more health and a dot attack.

By the way, insane bolt and wild bolt are already useless spells, because who likes to get by purely on chance?

Survivor
Jan 04, 2011

Storm, Has to have the power because, We have Low health and Low Accur but you will have a chance to beat storm if he fizzles, on leviathan or storm owl or storm lord depending on the high amount of damage, if you are looking to defend yourself in pvp, go to the ice teacher and learn tower shield, if your looking to be a high ranked pvp star, then get healing spells, sun spells, star spells, it may help you during your pvping for the warlord rank.

Austin StormSpear Level 90
Warlord in Derby and pvp.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010

Storm has something that almost no other school has, they can smash through a -70% shield and still do 1000 damage. Storm has disarm, enfeeble and cleanse charm. You cant stop the enemy from blade stacking and you can keep lets say an efreet weakness off of you or an infection. You have advantages, you just have to have faith in your school.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
Agreed. Storm is just flat out weak in pvp. Not that you can't get a high rank: that's complete possible. But it's still allot weaker than other classes and can't hold up against the really good players.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Train Fire Elf, mutate to storm elf, take out storm shields, enchant spells for more damage. Storm is very devastating in PVP, just ask my storm Warlord. 1v1 a good storm is very difficult to defeat, but you have to take the time and learn how and what to do.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
flint swiftrunner on Mar 29, 2013 wrote:
Agreed. Storm is just flat out weak in pvp. Not that you can't get a high rank: that's complete possible. But it's still allot weaker than other classes and can't hold up against the really good players.
They do high damage... That means they can wipe out opponents super fast with a storm blade and triton.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2012

yo i'm level 80 now and now my rank is 0 points now do you understand

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Remember that Storm is like the scientist school. Fire is like the social butterfly school, Ice is the never-give-up attitude, Myth is like the lone daydreamer, Life is the healing song, Death is the courageous warrior that doesn't fear death, Balance is the judge and the jack of all trades. Each school serves a purpose.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
What Storm needs is more low pip utility. Like more of Disarm, Cleanse Charm, Enfeeble, and Healing Current. Those were good STARTS. Now let's pick it up already.