Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm keeps on getting nerfed!

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1633
Alright, if you're not a Storm wizard, then please don't complain on nerfing it even more. Sirens was a VERY VERY VERY weak spell when I got hit by it because of how it got nerfed. Basically, it's a get the waterworks gear or you're going to fail in pvp a lot! to Storm wizards.

I am not even kidding, I got hit by 6-- damage my Sirens! No shields or anything! Of course, I got my blades gone and a Smoke Screen, but that didn't total up it.

Storm got badly nerfed when they complained about Wild Bolt's change so they got Insane Bolt. It's a risky spell and that leaves Storm to be the lucky/unlucky guy/girl. People are STILL complaining about Storm spells! People just can't get enough! Nerf after nerf on Storm and repeat after repeat. Wow. Storm was too easy for me to beat. Basically, if a Storm wizard doesn't have any waterworks gear, they're going to lose really fast if they don't attack fast.

Storm can't attack that fast! Their power pip chance is low! And for the lower levels, Storm is perfectly matched up against other schools. Now, people are complaining about Stormzilla, Triton, Kraken and a bunch of more spells.

If the spell didn't 1 hit KO you without any boosts, then lay off! Storm can hit just as easy as they can get killed. Understand the main elements of Storm: Low health, low resist, low accuracy, low critical block, high critical, high damage boost, high damage spells. Now what, complaining to lower their damage? LOL! Now it's going to be: low health, low accuracy, low resist, low critical block, low power pip chance, high damage boost, weak spells, high critical. Wow. That is really a lame school.

Do you not see what an imbalance would happen if Storm got nerfed 1 more time? I see my friends say, " Yes! It's a Storm wizard! I'm going to rank up!" I say that too, but in my head. I don't have a Storm wizard on this account, but I'll feel bad for the people that have wasted a load of money to level up their Storm wizard and then ending up to delete him/her.

Storm NEEDS that damage! Just like Ice needs health, how Fire needs DoT's, Myth needs minions/shield breakers/stuns, Balance needs their amazing blades, Life with heals, Death with drains. Every school has their pro and con. Now, Storm has more cons then pros.

I'm saying that Storm doesn't need a DoT because it ruins Storm's factor. Storm hits 1 big hit. Triage will completely rip it apart. Storm needs a SHIELD. Yes, I'm saying this, Storm needs a NEW SHIELD! Storm got ripped apart by other schools. Storm gained nothing. Storm should get a health increase by now. If you keep on nerfing Storm, then Storm is going to be the weaker version of Ice.

So, if you think that Storm is going to be lowered down and your school is going to be boosted up, Storm wizards are going against it. Storm wizards are protecting their own school from utter destruction. If you complain about Storm, then your school should get nerfed with Storm :-) That's how things would be fair if Storm were to get nerfed one more time. Well, I'm just defending a school that I thought was seriously cool, but not as much anymore. Too much nerfimh


Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1357
joujou11cool wrote:
Alright, if you're not a Storm wizard, then please don't complain on nerfing it even more. Sirens was a VERY VERY VERY weak spell when I got hit by it because of how it got nerfed. Basically, it's a get the waterworks gear or you're going to fail in pvp a lot! to Storm wizards.

I am not even kidding, I got hit by 6-- damage my Sirens! No shields or anything! Of course, I got my blades gone and a Smoke Screen, but that didn't total up it.

Storm got badly nerfed when they complained about Wild Bolt's change so they got Insane Bolt. It's a risky spell and that leaves Storm to be the lucky/unlucky guy/girl. People are STILL complaining about Storm spells! People just can't get enough! Nerf after nerf on Storm and repeat after repeat. Wow. Storm was too easy for me to beat. Basically, if a Storm wizard doesn't have any waterworks gear, they're going to lose really fast if they don't attack fast.

Storm can't attack that fast! Their power pip chance is low! And for the lower levels, Storm is perfectly matched up against other schools. Now, people are complaining about Stormzilla, Triton, Kraken and a bunch of more spells.

If the spell didn't 1 hit KO you without any boosts, then lay off! Storm can hit just as easy as they can get killed. Understand the main elements of Storm: Low health, low resist, low accuracy, low critical block, high critical, high damage boost, high damage spells. Now what, complaining to lower their damage? LOL! Now it's going to be: low health, low accuracy, low resist, low critical block, low power pip chance, high damage boost, weak spells, high critical. Wow. That is really a lame school.

Do you not see what an imbalance would happen if Storm got nerfed 1 more time? I see my friends say, " Yes! It's a Storm wizard! I'm going to rank up!" I say that too, but in my head. I don't have a Storm wizard on this account, but I'll feel bad for the people that have wasted a load of money to level up their Storm wizard and then ending up to delete him/her.

Storm NEEDS that damage! Just like Ice needs health, how Fire needs DoT's, Myth needs minions/shield breakers/stuns, Balance needs their amazing blades, Life with heals, Death with drains. Every school has their pro and con. Now, Storm has more cons then pros.

I'm saying that Storm doesn't need a DoT because it ruins Storm's factor. Storm hits 1 big hit. Triage will completely rip it apart. Storm needs a SHIELD. Yes, I'm saying this, Storm needs a NEW SHIELD! Storm got ripped apart by other schools. Storm gained nothing. Storm should get a health increase by now. If you keep on nerfing Storm, then Storm is going to be the weaker version of Ice.

So, if you think that Storm is going to be lowered down and your school is going to be boosted up, Storm wizards are going against it. Storm wizards are protecting their own school from utter destruction. If you complain about Storm, then your school should get nerfed with Storm :) That's how things would be fair if Storm were to get nerfed one more time. Well, I'm just defending a school that I thought was seriously cool, but not as much anymore. Too much nerfimh



So true indeed. As a Storm, I actually am indeed quite angry at how Storm got nerfed, while the other school flourished into powerful killing machines. Whats even worse is that storm can't even fight the resistances like they should be! Even with Armor Piercing, Storms are doomed in 1v1. Thank bartleby we have Tempest spamming in 4v4 though.

Hunter Hunter, Master of Storm

Explorer
Aug 14, 2011
67
joujou11cool wrote:
Understand the main elements of Storm: Low health, low resist, low accuracy, low critical block, high critical, high damage boost, high damage spells. Now what, complaining to lower their damage? LOL! Now it's going to be: low health, low accuracy, low resist, low critical block, low power pip chance, high damage boost, weak spells, high critical. Wow. That is really a lame school.


Don't forget to add horrible minion to that list

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
So true! It's hard because I'm working on getting my storm wizard to 70 right now (she's currently level 62). And sirens was nerfed? OH NO! I didn't know that! D: D: D:

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life
Brittany Rainriver level 62 storm

Explorer
May 12, 2010
77
joujou11cool wrote:
Alright, if you're not a Storm wizard, then please don't complain on nerfing it even more. Sirens was a VERY VERY VERY weak spell when I got hit by it because of how it got nerfed. Basically, it's a get the waterworks gear or you're going to fail in pvp a lot! to Storm wizards.

I am not even kidding, I got hit by 6-- damage my Sirens! No shields or anything! Of course, I got my blades gone and a Smoke Screen, but that didn't total up it.

Storm got badly nerfed when they complained about Wild Bolt's change so they got Insane Bolt. It's a risky spell and that leaves Storm to be the lucky/unlucky guy/girl. People are STILL complaining about Storm spells! People just can't get enough! Nerf after nerf on Storm and repeat after repeat. Wow. Storm was too easy for me to beat. Basically, if a Storm wizard doesn't have any waterworks gear, they're going to lose really fast if they don't attack fast.

Storm can't attack that fast! Their power pip chance is low! And for the lower levels, Storm is perfectly matched up against other schools. Now, people are complaining about Stormzilla, Triton, Kraken and a bunch of more spells.

If the spell didn't 1 hit KO you without any boosts, then lay off! Storm can hit just as easy as they can get killed. Understand the main elements of Storm: Low health, low resist, low accuracy, low critical block, high critical, high damage boost, high damage spells. Now what, complaining to lower their damage? LOL! Now it's going to be: low health, low accuracy, low resist, low critical block, low power pip chance, high damage boost, weak spells, high critical. Wow. That is really a lame school.

Do you not see what an imbalance would happen if Storm got nerfed 1 more time? I see my friends say, " Yes! It's a Storm wizard! I'm going to rank up!" I say that too, but in my head. I don't have a Storm wizard on this account, but I'll feel bad for the people that have wasted a load of money to level up their Storm wizard and then ending up to delete him/her.

Storm NEEDS that damage! Just like Ice needs health, how Fire needs DoT's, Myth needs minions/shield breakers/stuns, Balance needs their amazing blades, Life with heals, Death with drains. Every school has their pro and con. Now, Storm has more cons then pros.

I'm saying that Storm doesn't need a DoT because it ruins Storm's factor. Storm hits 1 big hit. Triage will completely rip it apart. Storm needs a SHIELD. Yes, I'm saying this, Storm needs a NEW SHIELD! Storm got ripped apart by other schools. Storm gained nothing. Storm should get a health increase by now. If you keep on nerfing Storm, then Storm is going to be the weaker version of Ice.

So, if you think that Storm is going to be lowered down and your school is going to be boosted up, Storm wizards are going against it. Storm wizards are protecting their own school from utter destruction. If you complain about Storm, then your school should get nerfed with Storm :) That's how things would be fair if Storm were to get nerfed one more time. Well, I'm just defending a school that I thought was seriously cool, but not as much anymore. Too much nerfimh



Quite a speech there.

I agree with everything except the fact that you state storm should not get a Dot, but a shield. It should be storms choice to use a Dot or not. Every other school has gotten a Dot spell, except life and storm.

All I am saying, is the choice should be available and not excluded.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
575
I don't want nor agree with lowering the damage of spells themselves for storm given their health and whatnot. But please tell me how I can have 35+ resistance yet still be hit by a plain bolt for over 1300+ damage? If you are facing a legendary and up storm who is hitting low, they are not doing one of two things:
Taking advantage of their crazy high attack boost from gear
are not enchanting their attacks with sun spells for more damage.

If you can cut through 35+ resist with a single power pip and remove a third of their health, you shouldn't be complaining, really!

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
I agree, I have been posting about this before... Instead of getting improvements, we Storm wizards are going backwards, we obtain one of the weakest high rank spell, lower health and top of that our damage is going even lower...

Yet, there some players out there that want to change our spells! Spells that are about 4 years since the making of the game.

When is the Storm community ever going to be heard?

Go Sparks!

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
Daviato wrote:
I agree, I have been posting about this before... Instead of getting improvements, we Storm wizards are going backwards, we obtain one of the weakest high rank spell, lower health and top of that our damage is going even lower... Reply: Damage going lower? You didn't really equip the Zafarian gear, did you? All it gives is Pierce, which Infallible gives enough of anyway. And I wouldn't call Leviathan and Sirens weak.

Yet, there some players out there that want to change our spells! Spells that are about 4 years since the making of the game. Reply: The same applies to all schools, everyone hates Storm for our damage though. Don't worry about it.

When is the Storm community ever going to be heard? Reply: Lol, we aren't exactly underprivalleged. Look at our Damage and Critical, our capacity to gain good-sized chunks of Resist? All it takes is Spell-Proof, Waterworks gear, and Fortify, and you have about 45% Resistance!

Go Sparks!
All comments in above quote.

Survivor
Oct 13, 2009
19
I can completely agree about getting mad about storm getting nerfed. If they're going to make storm weaker, at least do something about the health and the accuracy! I hate of how people would point out in pvp saying "I'm fighting against a diviner, this will be easy." On my few other characters, whenever i face a storm i don't say anything like that, more or less say anything at all. Maybe if people stopped babbling on about "well storm gets this" or "storm gets that" or "this spell is to over powered", and actually listen to the many outraged diviners, they're probably stop complaining and just don't say everything at all. Well, excluding the people that just repeatedly make excuses that storm should be gone forever, that is. :?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1633
mimi4566 wrote:
I can completely agree about getting mad about storm getting nerfed. If they're going to make storm weaker, at least do something about the health and the accuracy! I hate of how people would point out in pvp saying "I'm fighting against a diviner, this will be easy." On my few other characters, whenever i face a storm i don't say anything like that, more or less say anything at all. Maybe if people stopped babbling on about "well storm gets this" or "storm gets that" or "this spell is to over powered", and actually listen to the many outraged diviners, they're probably stop complaining and just don't say everything at all. Well, excluding the people that just repeatedly make excuses that storm should be gone forever, that is. :?


Actually, I kind of go like: I'm against a Storm wiz, free win

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
6

Actually, I kind of go like: I'm against a Storm wiz, free win

that' exactly what i do!!! even when on my ice (36% resist), storm still gets a HUGE hit!!!! storm wizards should be happy about what they are getting.....remember the basics of each element!! ice=resist, health death=drains life=heals balance=blades storm=dmagae, high critical fire=DoT

Blaze Seafist-lvl 68, ice
Jason Lightfinder-lvl 69, balance
Blaze mythfist-lvl 33, myth