Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm is unfair in PvP.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 06, 2011
Okay, so I was waiting around for my 1v1 to load, and then I get the prompt to teleport to the arena. I go, and I am fighting a Level 31, and I am Level 36. He blades and traps continually, and then he used a spell that gave him +108 storm damage! Am I the only one who thinks that's unfair? And so somehow (probably a treasure card, if not, beats me) he casts Triton. I have 1844 health, and when he cast he took away 2337. I could've done absolutely nothing, since he still had 239 health, and I only had two pips, and sadly, no lightning bats in my view at the time (if I did he would have resisted it). I know that storm is supposed to have greater attack points, but, with an elemental blade (+30), a storm blade (+30), a +108 blade, which had to be a treasure card, a storm trap (+25) and a Feint (+70). Add those up and you get +263% Storm damage. UNFAIR!

Ian Crowrider
Magus (Level 36)
Sorcerer
Cave of Solitude

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
You really didn't shield? The only way to survive fighting ANY school let alone Storm is through Defense. Rethink your Strategy before crying foul for no reason on here next time, no offense.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
KingCobra022 wrote:
Okay, so I was waiting around for my 1v1 to load, and then I get the prompt to teleport to the arena. I go, and I am fighting a Level 31, and I am Level 36. He blades and traps continually, and then he used a spell that gave him +108 storm damage! Am I the only one who thinks that's unfair? And so somehow (probably a treasure card, if not, beats me) he casts Triton. I have 1844 health, and when he cast he took away 2337. I could've done absolutely nothing, since he still had 239 health, and I only had two pips, and sadly, no lightning bats in my view at the time (if I did he would have resisted it). I know that storm is supposed to have greater attack points, but, with an elemental blade (+30), a storm blade (+30), a +108 blade, which had to be a treasure card, a storm trap (+25) and a Feint (+70). Add those up and you get +263% Storm damage. UNFAIR!

Ian Crowrider
Magus (Level 36)
Sorcerer
Cave of Solitude

That 108% is called Supercharge. It drains all of the users pips and for each pip it's added up by 14%. Your adding of blades is incorrect. Here's how blades and traps work:
Say, a Storm wizard casted a Triton from Malistaire's robe, and he had a Storm Blade. That would imply the wizard's damage boost plus 920-1000 and then, it would imply the blade after the damage boost has effected.

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
there's a really cool spell called stormshield-towershield! use them they work.

M.RedBlood 70 death

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Since i'm storm i hate to say this but use shields, they can protect you and give us some challenge. Don't always buff and attack that's not the best stragety and storm is not unfair just because of it's attack damage.