Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm is uncompetitive in PvP and it needs to change.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
I have been playing wiz since the very beginning, not once can i recall a time storm was a viable school in max level pvp.
Would be nice to even be mid tier for a season.

Storm desperately needs an OT spell, however the devs will argue it goes against the school’s identity,
However literally every other school has OT spells, explain to me how its within balance and or myths identity to have an overtime spell?

In a game like wizard101 it’s incredibly frustrating.
We all spend hours and hours of grinding and monotonous farming to get to a point where we can eventually sink our teeth into other aspects of the game, such as pvp.
After all this time spent only to find out your handicapped and your school that you’ve dedicated literally years into is outclassed and not even competitive when literally any other school is.

This isnt call of duty where if something isnt meta you simply change guns or perks, this is a massive time consumer and once youve spent so much time only to not even have a chance.

If the devs refuse to give storm an overtime spell, how about significantly increasing their armour pierce? If they expect storm to blindly hit through shields.

How is it fire, the other offensive school (with even more base damage i may add) is able to have significantly more health, resist, accuracy while still having the same or more armour pierce and also having ovetime spells.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
jwae on Jun 5, 2021 wrote:
I have been playing wiz since the very beginning, not once can i recall a time storm was a viable school in max level pvp.
Would be nice to even be mid tier for a season.

Storm desperately needs an OT spell, however the devs will argue it goes against the school’s identity,
However literally every other school has OT spells, explain to me how its within balance and or myths identity to have an overtime spell?

In a game like wizard101 it’s incredibly frustrating.
We all spend hours and hours of grinding and monotonous farming to get to a point where we can eventually sink our teeth into other aspects of the game, such as pvp.
After all this time spent only to find out your handicapped and your school that you’ve dedicated literally years into is outclassed and not even competitive when literally any other school is.

This isnt call of duty where if something isnt meta you simply change guns or perks, this is a massive time consumer and once youve spent so much time only to not even have a chance.

If the devs refuse to give storm an overtime spell, how about significantly increasing their armour pierce? If they expect storm to blindly hit through shields.

How is it fire, the other offensive school (with even more base damage i may add) is able to have significantly more health, resist, accuracy while still having the same or more armour pierce and also having ovetime spells.
I only PvP on Balance, but my baby Storm is going to have to craft his Empyrea wand soon, and I dread that day, because it means tournaments.

Of course, I love my Storm wizard. He is a happy go lucky cheerful fellow. He can definitely do some damage. He slays bosses. Against other actual wizards though, he hardly stands a chance.

I want Storm to Stay Storm. Storm is the quintessential glass cannon in this game, and that is awesome.

I would like Storm Wizards to have some uniquely Storm utilities though. My favorite Storm spell is Enfeeble. The beauty of the spell is that It is pure utility. What if Storm had a similar spell, but for traps?

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
Liam Swiftwalker on Jun 11, 2021 wrote:
I only PvP on Balance, but my baby Storm is going to have to craft his Empyrea wand soon, and I dread that day, because it means tournaments.

Of course, I love my Storm wizard. He is a happy go lucky cheerful fellow. He can definitely do some damage. He slays bosses. Against other actual wizards though, he hardly stands a chance.

I want Storm to Stay Storm. Storm is the quintessential glass cannon in this game, and that is awesome.

I would like Storm Wizards to have some uniquely Storm utilities though. My favorite Storm spell is Enfeeble. The beauty of the spell is that It is pure utility. What if Storm had a similar spell, but for traps?
Im all for storm for being “true to their identity “ however its a little hard to see every other school get the best of everything, ie overtime spells for even balance and myth (no idea how its in their school identity to have overtimes but not storm).

As it is storm has the worst stats by a landslide, fire at this point has as good/ better damage, significantly more health, way more utility spells, overtime hits etc
Myth has way more health, resist as good or just under damage to a storm yet however yet again they have overtime spells and WAY WAY more utility spells than that of any school.

How is it fire and myth just to name a few can be as offensive and more useful all in all with no downsides?
Since no other schools seems to fit this tru school identity stuff then why should storm?
Give storm damage that actually stands out from other schools, im talking 200% significantly more armour pierce, im talking 50% and up. If anyone thinks this is overpowered? Well its not when 90% of the hits you take are through 1-2 shields anyway and there is no way to counter them as a storm so blindly hitting through is literally your only option as a storm.

The only multi-shield hitting spell storm has is insane bolt but yet this has a risk of punishing storm and removing all their shields and taking unnecessary damage at the same time.
No other school has the risk of being punished for doing the 1 thing their school can actually do. HIT