Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm is Broken!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
so i am a lvl 130 storm myself. i have about 5k health at best. most the time less, depens on gear. currently captain trying to rank pvp to get to commander, so i can get the fancy commander robe just like all the other noobs out there.

join a rank match. go to arena, i get second to another storm (of coarse). woot i think i have a chance at least its not the ice with 9000 health and 70 resist universal.

ok round one. i choose conviction. he sultans, critical. ouch
im dead?
wait? i didnt get to cast? wait what? im dead. moving on

wasnt pvp suppose to be about like people casting spells agaist eachother? suppose to be a 2 way thing if i remember correctly. i didnt get to cast

increase health? lower damage? im not sure what can be done to fix this? but lets make it a 2 way thing again yea?

i remember the good old days where you can only die if someone puts on 6 blades and you let it happen. no shields no weaknesses, or not react to a feint, or stacked feint even, yes that would be my fault. but this? not sure i just sat there with the wobbling head didnt even want to reply to the guy who said thanks and left.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
What gear/pet were you wearing? I'm doing the math and even with a critical(assuming the Storm is wearing usual pvp gear) shouldn't one shot you with a first round iron sultan.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Speaking off guess what I was going to post something very related to that so I guess you should read it.I am going to the name the title. Dominant ice 90% win rate Ner,f pay to win plz.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Eric Stormbringer on Dec 8, 2018 wrote:
What gear/pet were you wearing? I'm doing the math and even with a critical(assuming the Storm is wearing usual pvp gear) shouldn't one shot you with a first round iron sultan.
Maybe not the usual PVP gear, but it can definitely be done assuming the OP had 40 or less resist (if he was wearing the Cabal hat for instance instead of the Mali hat.

Assuming the enemy had ~130 damage (normal post-Empyrea stats) and 35+ pierce (who are we kidding, good storms have like 50 pierce usually):

1152 Damage (Iron Sultan) + 300 (Epic) = 1452.

1452 x 2.3 x 1.5 (max PVP critical) = 5009.4 damage.

TL;DR: It's totally possible.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Exabytes on Dec 11, 2018 wrote:
Maybe not the usual PVP gear, but it can definitely be done assuming the OP had 40 or less resist (if he was wearing the Cabal hat for instance instead of the Mali hat.

Assuming the enemy had ~130 damage (normal post-Empyrea stats) and 35+ pierce (who are we kidding, good storms have like 50 pierce usually):

Your math is incorrect even assuming the op's resist was fully pierced. Critical in PvP is 1.3 not 1.5 so the damage becomes:

1452 x 2.3 x 1.3 = 4341.48

So, no not possible.

Even assuming the Storm was carrying 160 damage while fully piercing through the OPs resist it is not possible:

1452*2.6*1.3= 4907.76

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Eric Stormbringer on Dec 12, 2018 wrote:
Your math is incorrect even assuming the op's resist was fully pierced. Critical in PvP is 1.3 not 1.5 so the damage becomes:

1452 x 2.3 x 1.3 = 4341.48

So, no not possible.

Even assuming the Storm was carrying 160 damage while fully piercing through the OPs resist it is not possible:

1452*2.6*1.3= 4907.76
I guess you are right. I always thought it could either be a 1.5 or 1.25 multiplier, but it seems they changed it to 1.25 always.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2018
It could be possible, with critical, and if he enchanted the card, well there you have it.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Exabytes on Dec 13, 2018 wrote:
I guess you are right. I always thought it could either be a 1.5 or 1.25 multiplier, but it seems they changed it to 1.25 always.
It's actually been changed to 1.3 in PvP.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
super wizard on Dec 13, 2018 wrote:
It could be possible, with critical, and if he enchanted the card, well there you have it.
In my above post I illustrated how it is not mathematically possible using max enchant and critical. The only way the op would have died is if he is below max lvl or wearing sub-standard gear.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
school there own school comes down to set shield mantle and damage at the right time. Your first mistake was to use conviction I would of the set shield. Storm vs Storm is all about the player who can end the match the quickest get accustomed to using dispels mantles and set shields. if they have gotten back to back shadow then that's just the broken unbalance luck and unstoppable play.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Am pretty happy with storm getting a nice 11 pip spells as opposed life getting the most useless 11 pip tree spell out of the bunch. I don't know why the developers decided to not give life a damage spell that could be useful in both pvp and pve. I dont know why they think making a heal spell have requirement is also a good idea. But my take on the storm has become over power thing is still in the sympathetic ideology. Since storm doesn't have actual dot or shield break spells which i seem to not find any valid excuse for them not too i think its high time to discuss about the offensive power of the tree. I find it little to no sacrifice that any school can dish on 3k+ damage on health base school of 5k~8k and buffing health isn't gonna resolve the issues but nerfing resist or even caping resist damage and pierce will. A scion of storm spell has a base damage of (1275) which sounds relevant in its own way a little less than storm owl but the requirement plus double damage free buff? what is up with that? i mean talk about unfairness in every single possible way. 1275(1575) epic enchanted now if am right on this one then your telling me the chances of ur opponent not having a charm should suffer at the expense of you getting double that damage? which btw is a 3150 base damage! thats not even calculating your actual damage or pierce in the matter and lets not even include shrike or a possible feint? in the mix to just one shot your opponent lol? yea real balance

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
I personally don't know PvP, all I know is it's pretty broken itself. I don't think any one school is broken, because the way we do PvP is pretty complicated, annoying at times, and frustrating when we don't win or it doesn't go as planned. It makes most schools seem broken, even though they just have different strengths. Storm, especially with its damage, is easy to be defeated in two or three turns when second

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
ThisGirlIsOnFIRE00... on Feb 27, 2019 wrote:
I personally don't know PvP, all I know is it's pretty broken itself. I don't think any one school is broken, because the way we do PvP is pretty complicated, annoying at times, and frustrating when we don't win or it doesn't go as planned. It makes most schools seem broken, even though they just have different strengths. Storm, especially with its damage, is easy to be defeated in two or three turns when second
If you don't pvp then you wouldn't understand whats broken and whats not just to clarify that. The term broken in reference here is just another typically way of saying brain dead. Brain dead school such as ice fire and balance sometimes storm that can dish out high damage mix with utilities spam benefit compare to other schools that rely heavily on pips /pierce creates a very unhealthy unbalance system esp with at max level.

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
I knew I would get bashed. I never claimed to know everything. Moving on.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Exabytes on Dec 11, 2018 wrote:

One -75% shield makes storm cry. Rip Love it when they realize they really have no hope so they used insane bolt and one shot them selves wishing they had what fire have.