Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop crying or don't PVP at all

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Almost every post I've seen right now is about how unfair pvp is or how you are having trouble winning, here is what I have to say:

Stop crying! Stop saying that all KL cared about is money, they have to make money some way right? Do you guys even know how HARD is to run a game? And is not CHEAP either!

If you hate puppet then do 1v1! If you hate 1v1 and puppet then lvl up till 60, then you can use waterworks gear which helps a lot.

And stop crying to KL about your loses! Do you guys expect KL to fix every single little problem that guys have? Do you think that KL did not try hard enough to make the game better? I'm very sry that this game is not perfect!

Pvp is fine! You guys just got to find a different way to beat other ppl! How do you think the people don't have jade got warlords? Just watch how other people pvp and you might learn something from them.

Once again, KL tried and tried to make the game better but they can not fix every single problem out there, and some of the problem you just need to figure out on your own.

All I can say is watch other people pvp, and be smart about how you play your cards and be smart about your pet and gear when pvping. And try to fix the problem on your own before post on here.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
AMEN

...and Death Commander, it's KI not KL sir. But Flawless rant none the less.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
People are complaining because they pay money for wizard101. Many only do pvp. If kingsisle does not try to fix problems, than it will lose players. It's as simple as that.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Aaron SpellThief on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
People are complaining because they pay money for wizard101. Many only do pvp. If kingsisle does not try to fix problems, than it will lose players. It's as simple as that.
Well, players needs to fix problem on their own, this is PVP, one will always win and one will always lose, and all the people that lost came to here and post about their lost. KI* can't fix your lost, if you lost then you lost, do you expect KI* to make you win?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I haven't seen anyone "crying" about it. I have only seen numerous posts about the problems that plague it,and that is certainly not crying. I also don't think that telling everyone that does post about its shortcomings to "don't pvp at all" is very constructive. You obviously disagree with what so many have posted,yet I see no examples of why you believe what you do. Why not create a much more substantive argument,and then perhaps others can see more clearly the point you are trying to convey?

"Learn from yesterday,live for today,hope for tomorrow" -Albert Einstein

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Intrepidatius on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
I haven't seen anyone "crying" about it. I have only seen numerous posts about the problems that plague it,and that is certainly not crying. I also don't think that telling everyone that does post about its shortcomings to "don't pvp at all" is very constructive. You obviously disagree with what so many have posted,yet I see no examples of why you believe what you do. Why not create a much more substantive argument,and then perhaps others can see more clearly the point you are trying to convey?

There is a lot of whining about PvP and crying about it on the boards.

(Waa) Ice has too much resist
(Waa) Guardian Spirit is unfair
(Waa) Someone spammed weakness on me
(Waa) Pets heal too much
(Waa) My opponent used TC spells
(Waa) Storm has too much damage
(Waa) And the list goes on and on

I guess some people expect an easy win. There are also those in PvP who take it way too seriously and have the bad attitude to match.

If people can't win, then use Practice Matches to hone their skills to see what works and what doesn't. Try to team up with someone who can be a mentor in teaching PvP skills for your school(s). Learn your school inside and out, working on the strengths and recognizing and overcoming the weaknesses. Train some of the spells you overlooked before. Start gardening for the harder-to-find TC's as well as crafting some if necessary. Learn how to play fair, and always PvP with a 'good sportsmanship' attitude (even if your opponent doesn't).

Defender
Jun 23, 2011

People are losing, and all they do is come here and make a post about, about how they are losing and how unfair pvp is... I think pvp is fine and many of us also think pvp is fine. You just have to solve problems on your own.
Once again KI can't I repeat can not solve every single problem that players have.
Like some people say storms are bad are pvp.. Like are you kidding me? Who ever said storm are bad at pvp clearly didn't 3v3 or 4v4 before.... 4 storms or 3 storms in a team no one can stop the them.
And also someone said other school are over powered or something, what do you expect KI to do? Change the whole school? How do you think other people without jade armor and no puppet become a warlord?

This is for everyone: If yo think one school is over powered or one school is bad then clearly you don't know this game good enough. If you think I'm wrong then why are the warlords from all the schools? Because they know how to play their school to the limit.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
While some things aren't exactly fair in PvP, I don't think posts on here are the right way to go. I've had bad luck on my Storm in PvP. Always have. So I leveled up my Ice, thinking that I could at least try seeing how the other schools work. Now, I'm pretty pleased with myself. For someone who doesn't like PvP, I think I did pretty well. I've never used any crowns gear on my Ice because I wanted to prove that you can win without crowns. The result? Before the second age update I had gotten my Ice to Veteran and was ranking up to the next rank. (Forgot what it's called.)

I'd have to say, if you don't like PvP because you lose a lot, try practice PvP first. It helps immensely, whether you're a level 10 or a level 90.

Another point I must make is that PvP isn't everything. I know it's been stated many times before, but sometimes stating something again doesn't hurt. PvE is another way to hone your skills, though I'd recommend practice PvP over this anytime.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Death commander on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
People are losing, and all they do is come here and make a post about, about how they are losing and how unfair pvp is... I think pvp is fine and many of us also think pvp is fine. You just have to solve problems on your own.
Once again KI can't I repeat can not solve every single problem that players have.
Like some people say storms are bad are pvp.. Like are you kidding me? Who ever said storm are bad at pvp clearly didn't 3v3 or 4v4 before.... 4 storms or 3 storms in a team no one can stop the them.
And also someone said other school are over powered or something, what do you expect KI to do? Change the whole school? How do you think other people without jade armor and no puppet become a warlord?

This is for everyone: If yo think one school is over powered or one school is bad then clearly you don't know this game good enough. If you think I'm wrong then why are the warlords from all the schools? Because they know how to play their school to the limit.
I think you missed the point of my post.....pvp is not fine,it is fraught with problems. Having the ability to work around these problems,does not in any way justify keeping them. I could fill a page with legitimate problems that plague pvp,and no one could refute it. There is no need to list them however, as the bulk of problems have already been posted numerous times. But, I have yet to see you list the reasons why you think pvp is fine,or at the very least try to underscore some legitimate concerns that have been already voiced. Liking pvp the way it is certainly your prerogative,but to suggest that it is fine, has no basis in fact.

"The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: Be satisfied with your opinions,and content with your knowledge" - Elbert Hubbard

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
This is why I don't pvp often. Too many complaints and reporting for "cheating" or "spamming". Too much drama. Some people expect to win all the time probably because they won all the time in practice. Yes ice is very annoying with all the defense but they have weaker attacks. Storm is all damage but they have like no defense . It's a matter of disadvantages and advantages. Ki can't fix everything. Just because u pay to play doesn't mean it's gonna be 100% win for u. I agree with you all the way. Running a game doesn't mean fun and games. It's hard work that requires money.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2012

Um... I do not know if you have read the message boards, but people are constantly crying.

Jack Deathbringer, level seventy-six

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Death commander on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
Well, players needs to fix problem on their own, this is PVP, one will always win and one will always lose, and all the people that lost came to here and post about their lost. KI* can't fix your lost, if you lost then you lost, do you expect KI* to make you win?
People complain because they want pvp to be based on skill, not stats. For instance, a jade gear life could just sit there and spam guardian spirit and heals until the other person flees. With earthquake, they would not be able to stack blades. Heals would stop everything but a OHKO. Some people with jade gear can heal right through doom. If it were more strategy based, many people would stop complaining, and those who did complain about losing would just not have good strategy. If it were based on strategy, then people that are good at this would win very often. As it is right now, people with a lot of money have the easiest wins. Not exactly fair to the people that don't have enough money or are not willing to spend a lot of money on a game.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
colrey24 on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
Um... I do not know if you have read the message boards, but people are constantly crying.

Jack Deathbringer, level seventy-six
I guess we a different definition of "crying". To me it would be a post without merit, that borders on violating the CoC in it's angst.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Regarding the OP,

Wizard101 is a product developed by KI (short for KingsIsle. Not sure who KL is). Saying it is the responsibility of paying customers to "fix" a product is silly. These forums give members the ability to provide feedback, both positive and negative, regarding the game. Because feedback comes from a very wide range of customers some of it is well informed and constructed, while other might not be. Lumping all feedback on a certain topic into a big bag and making vast generalizations regarding it is also silly.

There have been and still are issues with PvP. If PvP was perfect then KI wouldn't be modifying it. There have been significant changes made to PvP and the changes are on-going. These forums give paying customers the opportunity to give feedback.

Of course if members decide they don't like the product they can choose to take there money elsewhere. That is stating the obvious. Many members who have a great deal already invested in the game (time, money, friends) would prefer not to quit because of some game elements that don't seem just right. By providing feedback perhaps some changes will be made to improve the game (ie: product).

It would be great if everyone took the time to understand various issues then construct reasonably written posts.

~ RH

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
RottenHeart on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
Regarding the OP,

Wizard101 is a product developed by KI (short for KingsIsle. Not sure who KL is). Saying it is the responsibility of paying customers to "fix" a product is silly. These forums give members the ability to provide feedback, both positive and negative, regarding the game. Because feedback comes from a very wide range of customers some of it is well informed and constructed, while other might not be. Lumping all feedback on a certain topic into a big bag and making vast generalizations regarding it is also silly.

There have been and still are issues with PvP. If PvP was perfect then KI wouldn't be modifying it. There have been significant changes made to PvP and the changes are on-going. These forums give paying customers the opportunity to give feedback.

Of course if members decide they don't like the product they can choose to take there money elsewhere. That is stating the obvious. Many members who have a great deal already invested in the game (time, money, friends) would prefer not to quit because of some game elements that don't seem just right. By providing feedback perhaps some changes will be made to improve the game (ie: product).

It would be great if everyone took the time to understand various issues then construct reasonably written posts.

~ RH
Rotten Heart,

This is a perfect reply, and states my feelings on the subject completely.

To Everyone else,

Everyone needs to remember that the people on these boards are a wide
range of ages. This game is still very young compared to many that have been
out there. It will have it's growning pains, and will constantly be in flux as it grows.
There will always be the group that likes what it sees, and those that do not.
It's just the way it will always be........ but either way, there is no need to attack
your fellow player, for any reason.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
The only thing I've seen that "might" could use a tweak would be possibly separating crowns and non-crowns players(if they so choose). And I say this only because there may be some really young players that don't have the option of being crowns players. Just my opinion though.

I can deal with all of the other stuff, I just have to figure a strategy and I'm okay with it.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Death commander on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
I get what you're saying, but it's not very insightful of you to say "players lose because they are bad players, suck it up pvp is fine".

You just can't get around the 900-pound gorilla in the room. It takes money (actual wages, not gold) and time (months to years) to "be smart about your gear and your pet".

Many (I'd say most) players are not old enough to have jobs or income. There's very little they can do to obtain the money and crowns required to buy high quality pets with good starting pedigrees, loads of mega snacks, loads of Keepers Lore packs to get jade armor or 140 crit block wands, and pay entry fees for tournaments.

Without a daily hatching schedule AND a daily train to adult of at least one hatch, it could take the greater part of a year to get proof + defy + one heal together in the same pet. Add in the tendency of players to refuse to hatch with inferior pets, you are looking at a pretty high barrier to entry for competitive pvp. Compare this to the young adults who have been playing for 2+ years, have already bred superior pets, and have access to new crown and gift card pets every update.

It may be several years before they can afford to buy these things and keep up a membership too. Meanwhile, they may just simply get bored with the game and stop playing.

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Aaron SpellThief on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
People complain because they want pvp to be based on skill, not stats. For instance, a jade gear life could just sit there and spam guardian spirit and heals until the other person flees. With earthquake, they would not be able to stack blades. Heals would stop everything but a OHKO. Some people with jade gear can heal right through doom. If it were more strategy based, many people would stop complaining, and those who did complain about losing would just not have good strategy. If it were based on strategy, then people that are good at this would win very often. As it is right now, people with a lot of money have the easiest wins. Not exactly fair to the people that don't have enough money or are not willing to spend a lot of money on a game.
i agree with you 100%. pvp was originally made to help you improve at pve, as diego said in his tutorial. most warlords have no strategy but got lots of money, and the people with all the strategy are the privates, but money is their obstacle. (i do understand that there are SOME strategic warlords but that is beside the point) But right now, pvp is like life, the people with money win. but the people with less money, win in their own way, sure not win with a cool badge, but they win in their own minds

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011

And that, Mr talon, is where u should say "amen". Ahem.

Amen.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
You guys don't get what I'm saying, players are posting post about how UNFAIR pvp is
They are saying it's unfair because they lost, so they want KI to FIX the unfair problem, but KI can't. KI can't make you a warlord, KI give you the spells, give you the gears, and you are on your own.
How do guys thing the Non-jade gear warlords got warlord?
It you pvp long enough you can have lots of idea to fight.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
RottenHeart on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
Regarding the OP,

~ RH
Agree with everything you just said.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
People may be complaining about PVP, but now you are complaining about how people are complaining....

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Death commander on Jul 9, 2013 wrote:
You guys don't get what I'm saying, players are posting post about how UNFAIR pvp is
They are saying it's unfair because they lost, so they want KI to FIX the unfair problem, but KI can't. KI can't make you a warlord, KI give you the spells, give you the gears, and you are on your own.
How do guys thing the Non-jade gear warlords got warlord?
It you pvp long enough you can have lots of idea to fight.
...and they are posting correctly. PVP is not setup properly,thus making it unfair by default. The ability to work around poor game mechanics in no way justifies keeping them. Someone attaining warlord is not indicative in any way of the game being fair or balanced.

"If you would create something,you must be something." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe