Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

STOP!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 26, 2009
49
all of you that complain about wild bolt are too lazy to think of a real strategy! here's a great idea, LEARN ICE that way you get tower sheild and a fire/storm shield. Not enough? buy a rotunda's tork amulet. What's that? thats still not enough damage reduction you say? go to the fair grounds and get a storm shield!

there, with a tower and three different storm shields bolt is useless, and if you are even balance (who shouldnt even be complaining, and dont say i am bias because i am balance) use weakness and your elemental shields

and if you still cant find a way to win, just flee next time you see a storm because you cant devise a working pvp strategy

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
32
Wow, looks like someone trod on your last nerve?

I happen to agree with you, though - wild bolt may well do an awful lot of damage but for a spell that has only a TEN percent accuracy I think it surely must be a case of sore losers rather than legitimate claims of unfairness.

Having said that, I made a storm wizard as an experiment. My friend had a storm wizard and her fizzle rate was far in excess of the accuracy ratings on the cards - playing with her was like taking your life in your hands and forgetting to take your hands out of your pockets! :P Anyway, my little experiment is now a level 41 and storming her way through the spiral and her hit rate is amazing! She's thrown maybe a dozen wild bolts today and only two have fizzled. :P I think she rocks! lol

Apologies to Autumn (deceased due to fizzilitis) for making fun of her fizzle rate. I have to say she really was great fun to play with. :) So many laughs.

You know, sometimes, if losing to someone who gets lucky with a wild bolt gets a little upsetting, why not go practice your strategy somewhere challenging? It's not always a case of using a damage spell one after the other, sometimes thinking ahead, although slow, is a sure way to win. :)

And - it's snowing a blizzard here, right now, taking this way off topic - the lights on the tree are twinkling merrily to a backdrop of very large snowflakes which are uniting together to form a beautiful blanket of promise - wether that promise be of cold hands and hot chocolate or a very white christmas, who knows, but it certainly is a perfect lift for anyone's spirits this Christmas time.

Happy holidays!

Explorer
May 12, 2009
53
xGallagherx wrote:
all of you that complain about wild bolt are too lazy to think of a real strategy! here's a great idea, LEARN ICE that way you get tower sheild and a fire/storm shield. Not enough? buy a rotunda's tork amulet. What's that? thats still not enough damage reduction you say? go to the fair grounds and get a storm shield!

there, with a tower and three different storm shields bolt is useless, and if you are even balance (who shouldnt even be complaining, and dont say i am bias because i am balance) use weakness and your elemental shields

and if you still cant find a way to win, just flee next time you see a storm because you cant devise a working pvp strategy
I am guessing you use wild bolt a LOT.

Dude just get the flip over it so what people (like me) are sick of always getting our butts kicked by three wild bolts.

And FLEE when we see storm? Are u kidding? FLEE? Come on. When we see a storm, dont't flee. I am pretty sure you get bolt at lvl 33 for storm correct me if I wrong bout that but yah really.

And we dont want to lose our ranks and our pvp numbers. So get over it we not going to flee. I dont care if u think its annoying, just get over it. If you dont even use bolt then be quiet! They are NOT complaining about storm in general just bolt.

I fine with judgement takes long to prepare.

I dont learn ice, I only need like on training point to buy it. And i would rather waste my time healing and hitting with high power attacks instead of using weaker attacks and each turn going tower tower tower helephant satyr tower.

SO GET OVER IT! YOU ARE COMPLAINING OVER SOMETHING THAT DONT APPLY TO U! I READ THAT U ARE BALANCE ALSO SO BE QUIET!

Christo FireHeart a level 45 pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
32
kooch1 wrote:

SO GET OVER IT! YOU ARE COMPLAINING OVER SOMETHING THAT DONT APPLY TO U! I READ THAT U ARE BALANCE ALSO SO BE QUIET!

Christo FireHeart a level 45 pyromancer


Wow! I'm thankful you are NOT one of MY children with an attitude like that!

These boards are for everyone, unless I'm mistaken, and I don't believe anyone has the right to tell another to be quiet in that tone of words.

Freedom of speech? You've been given yours and used it in a rather abrasive manner. The person you quoted has the right to voice their opinion, too, and yet did so in a less combative manner.

These boards are for discussion, that means talking over the pros and cons (for and against) of any given topic as it relates to the game. Please note the words discussion and talking - not ignorance or shouting.

I am currently snowed in, still have electricity and telephones and, more important - still have milk and bread, yay! Running short of sugar, though, and seems to me there's little of that here, too. :P

Have a nice day.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
9
kooch1 wrote:
xGallagherx wrote:
all of you that complain about wild bolt are too lazy to think of a real strategy! here's a great idea, LEARN ICE that way you get tower sheild and a fire/storm shield. Not enough? buy a rotunda's tork amulet. What's that? thats still not enough damage reduction you say? go to the fair grounds and get a storm shield!

there, with a tower and three different storm shields bolt is useless, and if you are even balance (who shouldnt even be complaining, and dont say i am bias because i am balance) use weakness and your elemental shields

and if you still cant find a way to win, just flee next time you see a storm because you cant devise a working pvp strategy
I am guessing you use wild bolt a LOT.

Dude just get the flip over it so what people (like me) are sick of always getting our butts kicked by three wild bolts.

And FLEE when we see storm? Are u kidding? FLEE? Come on. When we see a storm, dont't flee. I am pretty sure you get bolt at lvl 33 for storm correct me if I wrong bout that but yah really.

And we dont want to lose our ranks and our pvp numbers. So get over it we not going to flee. I dont care if u think its annoying, just get over it. If you dont even use bolt then be quiet! They are NOT complaining about storm in general just bolt.

I fine with judgement takes long to prepare.

I dont learn ice, I only need like on training point to buy it. And i would rather waste my time healing and hitting with high power attacks instead of using weaker attacks and each turn going tower tower tower helephant satyr tower.

SO GET OVER IT! YOU ARE COMPLAINING OVER SOMETHING THAT DONT APPLY TO U! I READ THAT U ARE BALANCE ALSO SO BE QUIET!

Christo FireHeart a level 45 pyromancer

dude i have NO idea who you are and i dont really care but you deffinetly found the boundary and stepped over it. yea he is balance but storm might be his secondary school and even if it isnt he might have a friend who is storm or a necklace or something and besides even if he doesnt have any relation to it at all it still gives you no right to tell him to be quiet

Delver
Jun 16, 2009
234
kooch1 wrote:
xGallagherx wrote:
all of you that complain about wild bolt are too lazy to think of a real strategy! here's a great idea, LEARN ICE that way you get tower sheild and a fire/storm shield. Not enough? buy a rotunda's tork amulet. What's that? thats still not enough damage reduction you say? go to the fair grounds and get a storm shield!

there, with a tower and three different storm shields bolt is useless, and if you are even balance (who shouldnt even be complaining, and dont say i am bias because i am balance) use weakness and your elemental shields

and if you still cant find a way to win, just flee next time you see a storm because you cant devise a working pvp strategy
I am guessing you use wild bolt a LOT.

Dude just get the flip over it so what people (like me) are sick of always getting our butts kicked by three wild bolts.

And FLEE when we see storm? Are u kidding? FLEE? Come on. When we see a storm, dont't flee. I am pretty sure you get bolt at lvl 33 for storm correct me if I wrong bout that but yah really.

And we dont want to lose our ranks and our pvp numbers. So get over it we not going to flee. I dont care if u think its annoying, just get over it. If you dont even use bolt then be quiet! They are NOT complaining about storm in general just bolt.

I fine with judgement takes long to prepare.

I dont learn ice, I only need like on training point to buy it. And i would rather waste my time healing and hitting with high power attacks instead of using weaker attacks and each turn going tower tower tower helephant satyr tower.

SO GET OVER IT! YOU ARE COMPLAINING OVER SOMETHING THAT DONT APPLY TO U! I READ THAT U ARE BALANCE ALSO SO BE QUIET!

Christo FireHeart a level 45 pyromancer


I know who this topic is pointing at. It's pointing at me.

A few weeks ago I posted something saying I didn't like chain bolters in pvp.

First off I do not train in ice, so I am not going to get tower shield anytime soon. I plan on using my last training point on a spiritual blade from Niles.
I don't train in fire so no storm shield for me.
I know.... GO BUY ONE FROM THE BAZAAR! Well sometimes I don't want to go over to the bazaar and get myself a hundred tower shields or storm shields.

So you know what I do?
I quit pvp. I don't need anyone yelling at me that i'm lazy. I'm just never going to do pvp again.

Oh and the person who said something about fleeing if we see storm...
How are we supposed to know the person is storm? What if they are just dressed in storm colors but they aren't storm?

Thanks everybody for yellin'

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
160
You don't have to be storm to chain wild bolt. I would argue that balance can cast it just as strong if not stronger, and with more accuracy.

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
160
People complain about cards because they lose, or at least it seems that way.
Have we really gotten to the point that a GAME can start a war? Yes, I said WAR. If you haven't noticed by now, I suggest you read the other posts.

Think about it people!
Why do folks get so worked up over this?

I'm glad people are trying to stop the complaining.

Now I ask you... if someone got hit by a bolt and won the match anyway... would they care that they got bolted? MOST LIKELY NOT!

Also if someone doesn't use good cards they might get called a noob.
If they do use good cards they get called a noob for winning.

MAKE UP YOUR MIND!

Is there no escape?

Again I say I'm glad people are trying to stop the complaining.

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 42
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dog food is getting weird! One day people will be able to eat it.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
40
xGallagherx wrote:
all of you that complain about wild bolt are too lazy to think of a real strategy! here's a great idea, LEARN ICE that way you get tower sheild and a fire/storm shield. Not enough? buy a rotunda's tork amulet. What's that? thats still not enough damage reduction you say? go to the fair grounds and get a storm shield!

there, with a tower and three different storm shields bolt is useless, and if you are even balance (who shouldnt even be complaining, and dont say i am bias because i am balance) use weakness and your elemental shields

and if you still cant find a way to win, just flee next time you see a storm because you cant devise a working pvp strategy



Survivor
May 23, 2009
25
blah blah blah blah. Wild bolt, like ALL other treasure cards and spell cards SHOULD always be fair game. So what if someone is using them? Fact is, yah Bolt by a non storm person or treasure cards being used might be cheap. OH WELL. Whether the enemy is storm or not, get over it. Kings Isle allows treasure cards to be used and made these spells for schools, and they should. Pvp is and SHOULD be SURVIVAL of the FITTEST. Get in or GET OUT.

If you dont have defense and dont want to spend your real money to buy back training points, then GET OUT or make a new character!

OR go quest or farm and save up money to guess what, BUY TREASURE shields!

Pvp should be bring your own strategy. and if your strategy is to use bolt 67 times in a match or use treasure cards, then GREAT! If you dont like someone's strategy and you're always losing, well. Maybe YOU should change your strategy. Hate the player not the game!

WOOT! Problem solved for everyone.

~David SoulFlame Grand Master Pyromancer
~David SoulHunter Grand Master Balance
~Darby SparkleFlower Grand Master Myth
~David SoulBreeze Master Ice
~David SoulCatcher Adept Death

Explorer
Oct 12, 2009
75
Now usually it take about a bladed and trapped bolt to take me out.

I have no problem with being bolted at all i think its fair.

(Not because i can use judgement before they bolt me)

But the real problem is lower levels from other schools or storm students that haven't learned wild bolt is the problem.

My solution is IF the lower levels keep abusing it the only solution will be to raise the pip cost to 4.

Then lower levels wont be willing to wait for turns to bolt someone.

P.S i need help in crimson fields :(

Andrew DragonStalker, Lvl38 magus sorcerer

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
203
ppl complan about T-cards in arena right, so set up two types of arena one where you can use T-cards and one where you cant that way ppl who complan about T-cards can fight in a arena that dont allow T-cards just your own school spells.

And that way we can see what schools are best in arena if you are limited to only your own school spells and a new meaning to deck set-up.

FYI: my death guy fought a storm in arena using ONLY our school spells and a won. long fight but i won :-)

Michael RedBlood grandmaster death

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
57
Ok my biggest issue with wild bolt is NOT the spell itself, because it has only 10% accuracy rate, but the fact that I KNOW for a fact that there is a cheat to decrease the fizzle rate for storm spells....I know because I have used it on my storm character, not in pvp but in pve situations, and it DOES work. It is these storm opponents who enter ranked pvp, use the cheat and the brag about how the never lose because their wild bolts NEVER fizzle, well that's wrong. That undermines the whole balance of the system and how are you supposed to even manage a hit on someone if you spend all your time casting shields on yourself?

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
40
xGallagherx wrote:
all of you that complain about wild bolt are too lazy to think of a real strategy! here's a great idea, LEARN ICE that way you get tower sheild and a fire/storm shield. Not enough? buy a rotunda's tork amulet. What's that? thats still not enough damage reduction you say? go to the fair grounds and get a storm shield!

there, with a tower and three different storm shields bolt is useless, and if you are even balance (who shouldnt even be complaining, and dont say i am bias because i am balance) use weakness and your elemental shields

and if you still cant find a way to win, just flee next time you see a storm because you cant devise a working pvp strategy


Theres A LOT of problems with this.What if we used all our training points huh? To buy them back cost crowns which cost real money! And most people dont even buy crowns.And flee when we see storm? Why? Not all of them bolt. And they can disguise themselves. and other schools use treasures cards. and not to be mean but who are YOU to call us lazy? What if they go first and they bolt! It happens. btw i have the tower shield necklace but I never find it and i dont want to discard my whole deck to find just one card thats in the bottom of my deck. The shield idea was ok but what about wand blasts? and I just want to add one more thing. I AM STORM.

Luke Griffenspear Fire GM
Austin StormBringer STORM level 31

P.s I'm sorry if i sounded a little mean

Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
37
ravenhecate wrote:
Ok my biggest issue with wild bolt is NOT the spell itself, because it has only 10% accuracy rate, but the fact that I KNOW for a fact that there is a cheat to decrease the fizzle rate for storm spells....I know because I have used it on my storm character, not in pvp but in pve situations, and it DOES work. It is these storm opponents who enter ranked pvp, use the cheat and the brag about how the never lose because their wild bolts NEVER fizzle, well that's wrong. That undermines the whole balance of the system and how are you supposed to even manage a hit on someone if you spend all your time casting shields on yourself?


So I did a search for this cheat. I'm not sure if I found it, but I read that people are using sniper AND keen eyes on wild bolt cards. Can you use treasure cards on treasure cards? I've never tried this. If you can, I wouldn't consider this a cheat.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
39
xGallagherx wrote:
all of you that complain about wild bolt are too lazy to think of a real strategy! here's a great idea, LEARN ICE that way you get tower sheild and a fire/storm shield. Not enough? buy a rotunda's tork amulet. What's that? thats still not enough damage reduction you say? go to the fair grounds and get a storm shield!

there, with a tower and three different storm shields bolt is useless, and if you are even balance (who shouldnt even be complaining, and dont say i am bias because i am balance) use weakness and your elemental shields

and if you still cant find a way to win, just flee next time you see a storm because you cant devise a working pvp strategy


i myself dont have a problem with people that use wild bolt but what you are saying is a little hard what if you have been learning death the whole game 2 more spells left and now wait you got to get storm shields i agree with you that it a spell so its a fair game but what you're saying is not exactly that easy o lets drop everything to get storm shields its not that simple but i dont have a problem with wild bolt

Survivor
Aug 30, 2008
39
death421508 wrote:
kooch1 wrote:
xGallagherx wrote:
all of you that complain about wild bolt are too lazy to think of a real strategy! here's a great idea, LEARN ICE that way you get tower sheild and a fire/storm shield. Not enough? buy a rotunda's tork amulet. What's that? thats still not enough damage reduction you say? go to the fair grounds and get a storm shield!

there, with a tower and three different storm shields bolt is useless, and if you are even balance (who shouldnt even be complaining, and dont say i am bias because i am balance) use weakness and your elemental shields

and if you still cant find a way to win, just flee next time you see a storm because you cant devise a working pvp strategy
I am guessing you use wild bolt a LOT.

Dude just get the flip over it so what people (like me) are sick of always getting our butts kicked by three wild bolts.

And FLEE when we see storm? Are u kidding? FLEE? Come on. When we see a storm, dont't flee. I am pretty sure you get bolt at lvl 33 for storm correct me if I wrong bout that but yah really.

And we dont want to lose our ranks and our pvp numbers. So get over it we not going to flee. I dont care if u think its annoying, just get over it. If you dont even use bolt then be quiet! They are NOT complaining about storm in general just bolt.

I fine with judgement takes long to prepare.

I dont learn ice, I only need like on training point to buy it. And i would rather waste my time healing and hitting with high power attacks instead of using weaker attacks and each turn going tower tower tower helephant satyr tower.

SO GET OVER IT! YOU ARE COMPLAINING OVER SOMETHING THAT DONT APPLY TO U! I READ THAT U ARE BALANCE ALSO SO BE QUIET!

Christo FireHeart a level 45 pyromancer

dude i have NO idea who you are and i dont really care but you deffinetly found the boundary and stepped over it. yea he is balance but storm might be his secondary school and even if it isnt he might have a friend who is storm or a necklace or something and besides even if he doesnt have any relation to it at all it still gives you no right to tell him to be quiet


yea but how he said the post in the first place isnt really nice either he was being kinda rude there yelling at us out of the blue

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
20
hiway1999 wrote:
You don't have to be storm to chain wild bolt. I would argue that balance can cast it just as strong if not stronger, and with more accuracy.
Wild Bolt is no doubt stronger. The highest I've got with Judgement is around 1100 with plenty of blades and hexes. I've seen wild bolt get a lot higher than that. It's true it has more accuracy and may be a little unfair, but the other balance spells aren't very good except hydra.