Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spirit Type Buff

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Hello, I posted a few days ago and was corrected about storms being overpowered. With that said it brings me to a new topic, why havent we been buffed?

No storms, Myths, Lifes, or Deaths have been buffed. We're weak, and Death is literally the weakest it gets. To be honest i dont even know the Death types roll in gameplay. Theyre pretty much the runt of all the schools, someone has to fill the slot of being the weakest thats obviously true but Death is the homeless poverty of all schools.

My spells are really weak and do nothing for me. I can heal through absorbs, D&G, and Infections, but what good does it do me if i literally have the weakest amount of damage in the whole entire game.

-Alexander

Survivor
Jul 10, 2015
Woah! Death being weak is completely wrong, I can't go anywhere in pvp without seeing them!

Really, all of the schools are balanced and do well somewhere in their own way.

-Death is an amazing mixed support and offense school, have you seen bad juju // Call of khrulu?
-Myth is godly in 1v1 if someone doesnt get their stunblocks up in time, you can medusa into a stun into another medusa, stunning them for 5 turns!
-Life is amazing at one thing, making sure everyone is alive-- Rebirth, wings of fate, unicorn, all of these are incredibly powerful.

Even outside of pvp all of these schools are wonderful :]

What level are all of your chars?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
MentalScars on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:
Woah! Death being weak is completely wrong, I can't go anywhere in pvp without seeing them!

-Death is an amazing mixed support and offense school, have you seen bad juju // Call of khrulu?
-Myth is godly in 1v1 if someone doesnt get their stunblocks up in time, you can medusa into a stun into another medusa, stunning them for 5 turns!
-Life is amazing at one thing, making sure everyone is alive-- Rebirth, wings of fate, unicorn, all of these are incredibly powerful.

At max PvP death is the worst 1v1 school. It is fairly good at magus-legend.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
If you ask me i think that death needs a pretty fat buff. Because when you add a Epic enchant'(+300 Dmg) to a Wraith and you see it goes from 500...too 700. It makes you wonder what on earth the point is wasting a training point on a half card when you can use that same Epic enchant' on Deer and "mess someones life up" doing a solid 26 damage with Dot included. Yeah..... School is critically weak for 0 reason, there is no excuse that you should miss out on 100 damage/50 health for legit no reason.

~Alex Deathcaster Lvl 120
~Aaron Lvl 16

Squire
May 10, 2013
MentalScars on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:

Death being weak is kind of true.

Unlike every other school, Death doesn't have a school that can be spammed for insane damage.

Death has been a jade school until pierce jewels came out, which caused Death to be at the lowest level in PvP, especially for maxes.

Juju isn't really that hard to handle unless your second, and Juju can be taken off with a wand easily.

A proposed fix for death?

Make a low pip (4 pip) death spell that isn't draining and does 300-400 damage with some secondary effect (infection, tower, juju weakness, mantle?)