Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spell to use?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2014
I'm level 42 sorcerer i just want to know whats the best spell to use at pvp? for me i just use judgement but i dont win on that strategy especially from warlords. can you give me a opinion what spell should i use at pvp.

thank you

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
You can't win with just one spell. Better to use a mix.

I'm going to assume you have gear that boosts your Balance damage, gives you universal resistance, and that you have a pet with a good healing talent. Ideally, I suggest the following pet talents at Level 42: Balance Dealer, Spell Proof, Spell Defying, May Cast Fairy, and May Cast Infallible. If you don't have those things... ... ... then get those things.

Make sure you're carrying these treasure cards:
  • Triage
  • Tower Shield
  • Shatter
  • Infallible
  • Reshuffle
  • Availing Hands w/ Primordial enchant
  • White Rat Magician or Brown Spider
  • Death Bat, Fire Elf, or Power Link
  • Weakness
  • Judgment w/ Monstrous enchant
  • Spectral Blast w/ Monstrous enchant
  • Scorpion w/ Monstrous enchant
  • Sandstorm w/ Monstrous enchant

Tactics:

• People expect a "Big Judge." Have one ready, but don't rely on it.
  • If you can get the Loremaster spell, do it. It is one of the best PvP spells for Balance.
  • Summon minions to force your opponents to attack early, waste pips, lose blades.
  • Keep weaknesses applied.
  • Eliminate shields early, activate Infallible, unleash small yet powerful hit combos (e.g., Spectral Blast+Spectral Blast+Scorpion). Use Judgement last in your combo chain, if at all.
  • Do not let your opponent control the bubble. That's basically giving them permission to hit you harder.
  • Use dual shields from other schools, don't bother with your triple shields. They don't protect you enough. You want Volcanic, Glacial, and Legend Shield. Life can be defeated by Tower+Weakness, so don't learn Ether or Dream.

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Lucas Rain on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:

I'm going to assume you have gear that boosts your Balance damage, gives you universal resistance, and that you have a pet with a good healing talent. Ideally, I suggest the following pet talents at Level 42: Balance Dealer, Spell Proof, Spell Defying, May Cast Fairy, and May Cast Infallible. If you don't have those things... ... ... then get those things.

• Triage
  • Tower Shield
  • Shatter
  • Infallible
  • Reshuffle
  • Weakness

Tactics:

• If you can get the Loremaster spell, do it. It is one of the best PvP spells for Balance.
  • Summon minions to force your opponents to attack early, waste pips, lose blades.
  • Eliminate shields early, activate Infallible, unleash small yet powerful hit combos (e.g., Spectral Blast+Spectral Blast+Scorpion). Use Judgement last in your combo chain, if at all.
  • Do not let your opponent control the bubble. That's basically giving them permission to hit you harder.
  • Use dual shields from other schools, don't bother with your triple shields. They don't protect you enough. You want Volcanic, Glacial, and Legend Shield. Life can be defeated by Tower+Weakness, so don't learn Ether or Dream.
thank you so much!
your a big help

Explorer
Mar 06, 2014
Lucas Rain on Oct 21, 2014 wrote:

• Triage
  • Tower Shield
  • Shatter
  • Infallible
  • Reshuffle
  • Weakness

Tactics:

Not everyone can get spell proof and such on their pet. I only have resist. Adam Austin Wolf

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Adam Soulcaster on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:
Not everyone can get spell proof and such on their pet. I only have resist. Adam Austin Wolf
I disagree. Everyone can get spell proof. All you need is the right person to hatch with you a couple of times, and you're on your way. I get that hatching is expensive and there are a lot of hatching snobs, but persistence won't fail you. You'll find what you need if you keep at it.

Explorer
Mar 06, 2014
Lucas Rain on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:
I disagree. Everyone can get spell proof. All you need is the right person to hatch with you a couple of times, and you're on your way. I get that hatching is expensive and there are a lot of hatching snobs, but persistence won't fail you. You'll find what you need if you keep at it.
Could you hatch with me? Do it with me on my storm. Hatch 2 times so I can get the talents. But I have spell proof and one selfish talent.

Explorer
Mar 06, 2014
carlosmi11 on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:
I'm level 42 sorcerer i just want to know whats the best spell to use at pvp? for me i just use judgement but i dont win on that strategy especially from warlords. can you give me a opinion what spell should i use at pvp.

thank you
Farm the Loremaster for her spell. You will be a boss if you spam it. It is 4 pips. Go here and see stuff about the loremaster: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Loremaster Adam level 67 Nick level 33 You can also get spells from her chests if you have like many crowns. Or you can get it on your first try if your lucky. For me it takes forever. Like a boss! Loremaster drops many spells. With my storm Nick, when he gets Dragonspyre, I will spam tempest on Lore. So you could use a judgement, Loremaster hit combo and get a pet with spell proof and such. You can enchant your hits and use sandstorms to destroy minions. Train ice to tower. Life to level 10 heal infection 1 tp. Reshuffle free Life dispel 1 tp Use your weakness and mander minions. Manders cast weakness and such. But if you have the time to get savage paw and some other spells go get them. Also if you were higher level you could use this level 100 any school can train it with points. Hope you get lucky with Loremaster spell drops.