Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

spammers

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
Ok, most people on this forem comlplain about "ovepowered spells" and what not. which btw they are not. and thats coming from a necromancer. anyway what really bugs me is, ok, i was a captain and i got debunked to veteran in three rounds. first thing was i went second which is normal but makes it harder. second thing waz they were critical spammers. this annoys me. i think the game waz much better before that so called "upgrade" came out. all it did was make the game filled with people with high criticals such as storm or fire, abuse it. they dont use blades, they dont use traps. all they do is shield and attack getting a critical allot of times and winning. before critical pvp requiered skill to win not one spell. maybe critical could still be in the game but its anti pvp? which brings me to the second thing of spamming, treasure cards. dun dun dun. this annoys me sooooooooooo much. they use cards like tower shields and cards that arent even from there school. i know people are gonna go ." o maybe its there second school" yea maybe except there useing a spell thats not from the trainer. again no skill to win when you use treasures. also i suggest anti pvp.
if anyone has anyone to say besides the people who actually do these things said above because i dont care what you think.

Blaze Nightsword legendary death, life, myth, storm, balance, and grandmaster ice.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
just because you have not learned how to create the super hits
you had to endure dose not make it
so other can not explore the building
of they own use of spell knowledge
and how to build strategies to win pvp.

in stead of complaining
why not just watch a few matches take notes
on how they use spells to win
and what the damage is and
then figure out how they got that damage.
and figure out how to increase damage
from treasure cards your self.

the more you take time to figure things out
the better at PvP you will be.

if you can get a private PvP pitch ...even better.

this is the secret to being a better PvP player

"a little bit of home work"

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
i no what you mean i have a 86 or so block rating and i still dont block a lot of storm and fire criticals even with conveiction! especially when they have greenwardens brilliant boots witch give storm and fire over 180 critical rating which in my opinion is insane . fellow necromancer.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
I agree with half of your post.

I think critical takes away strategy in pvp. It turns it into a game of chance.

I don't think treasure cards take away strategy in pvp, in fact, I think the enhance starter in pvp. Normally you have to play with whats in your hand, but with treasure cards, you can get the cards you need when you need them, allowing for more complex strategies.

-Solstice64

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Alright, first of all, no one is going to agree with you if you say that you don't care what they think.

Second of all, please spell check your messages. It's a pain to figure out what you're trying to say, which also goes against you.

Third of all, make your paragraphs seperate. It's easier on the eyes and makes a person more likely to agree with you because of that.

Now that that's out of the way, not everybody on this forum complains about overpowered spells when there are worse issues that should be fixed. No spells are overpowered. This coming from a Necromancer who has Skeletal Dragon.

Alright, so let me get this straight. You think that critical spammers are a huge problem, which they are not. If you go first, use conviction to stop them in their tracks. Or you could craft one of those wands that gives you twenty more critical and critical block. (The recipe is found in the floating land.)

For the record, the game still requires skill. You need to have a good deck, pet, gear and so on in order to win. Otherwise, the opponent will just block your critical and strike back.

Critical's current purpose of exsistence is to be in PvP. You can only get a good critical chance late in the game, wether with Waterworks gear or Wintertusk crafted gear. Because it's late in the game there's not much to beat with it, except for PvPers.

Treasure card spamming isn't a problem either. If you can't beat them, then join them. Tower shield treasure cards are sold in the wizard city library, for three hundred gold apiece. Treasure Deathblades are dropped from the plant Deadly Fly Trap.
Iceblade treasures are dropped from Evil Snow Peas.
And so on.

And for the record, I highly doubt that you actually were a captain in the first place if you didn't know these things.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Alright, first of all, no one is going to agree with you if you say that you don't care what they think.

Second of all, please spell check your messages. It's a pain to figure out what you're trying to say, which also goes against you.

Third of all, make your paragraphs seperate. It's easier on the eyes and makes a person more likely to agree with you because of that.

Now that that's out of the way, not everybody on this forum complains about overpowered spells when there are worse issues that should be fixed. No spells are overpowered. This coming from a Necromancer who has Skeletal Dragon.

Alright, so let me get this straight. You think that critical spammers are a huge problem, which they are not. If you go first, use conviction to stop them in their tracks. Or you could craft one of those wands that gives you twenty more critical and critical block. (The recipe is found in the floating land.)

For the record, the game still requires skill. You need to have a good deck, pet, gear and so on in order to win. Otherwise, the opponent will just block your critical and strike back.

Critical's current purpose of exsistence is to be in PvP. You can only get a good critical chance late in the game, wether with Waterworks gear or Wintertusk crafted gear. Because it's late in the game there's not much to beat with it, except for PvPers.

Treasure card spamming isn't a problem either. If you can't beat them, then join them. Tower shield treasure cards are sold in the wizard city library, for three hundred gold apiece. Treasure Deathblades are dropped from the plant Deadly Fly Trap.
Iceblade treasures are dropped from Evil Snow Peas.
And so on.

And for the record, I highly doubt that you actually were a captain in the first place if you didn't know these things.

first of all i was a captain so be quit. second maybe the treasure SHOULD be that other school attacks are anti pvp but charms and your school attacks could be pvp. but critical is still bad in pvp

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Critical was the worst thing so far. Its like blades and traps dont exist anymore. When i was lvl 50-55 I had my robe from malistare, my hat from kraysys, and some wintertusk level 50 balance boots. There the old gear that did not need critical. I also has a wand that gave 110 damage that was life and 26 critical block and 4 critical. I was not gonna get the high critical wands because there not so high if you dont have critical gear. I was made fun of in stormriven because i dont have 2 boost and 40 critical i mean that is so dang low. I might as well have some boost if i have lame critical. And i did critical once with 4 critical but that was so rare. So now i have 70 boost and 121 critical and i am balance and I dont use legend gear for the critical i use it for stats because sadly balance legend gear has lack of critical so balance does not wear it that much but i like the resist and boosts and once in a while ill critical and thats good and the power pip chance is good too.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
ok let me sum this up.
first of all, this aint vegas so there shouldnt be a gamble in this game, take out the critical so there can be skill again
second since it seems everyone disagrees with me i am still staying with my thery that you shouldnt use other school exclusive spells like tempest or rebirth if those arent really your schools. i guess blades might be acceptable for treasures