Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some pvp help please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2009
Hello

So now that i am level 48 i have been doing a lot of pvp lately. The matches i mainly play are 2v2 with my friend. I am fire while she is death and for the most part we do pretty well. But it seems like we have a lot of trouble with storm and balance students (wild bolt treasure cards from every other class asside). If it is just one storm or balance student in the game with another class as its team mate then we dont have much trouble but if it is a duo of them like storm, storm or balance storm then 95% of the time we lose.

I would like to know how to win in this predicament. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Chris MoonWeaver
Level 48 Fire/Death student
:)

Explorer
Apr 02, 2009
Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Tower shields (extra treasures) and all other shields.
Also both of you and your partner has the DOT attacks (damage over time, but it really is a very good shields breaker). Fire has at least three of those (elf, scald, fire dragon and the one that heals back, and also the mean fire dog) , while death has poison . Both of you also has a very good minions. Your friend or/and you needs to bring gloom and doom as well as infection ( a couple of beguile too) . Dont forget your biggest attacks and some buffs.

Grandmasters - Storm (Warlord), Death (Warlord), Life (Captain), Balance (Knight).
Magus - Myth Veteran.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Let me add, bring sword/wand for each other, that is you as fire bring a death wand/sword and your partner a fire wand. This helps break shields without using your power ups.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
Actually, you may want to use your minion instead of your friend using hers, because her minion summon uses up all of her pips. Usually you will want either doom and gloom or infection, not both, in your deck. Infection, IMO, is better since it lets you and your teammate still heal at full strength. As for you yourself, you will want to pack plenty of DOT spells to remove shields, and finally you both will want tower shield in your treasure deck.

Valkoor Crow
Grandmaster Necromancer

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Runstorm1981 wrote:
shield like crazy and hit hard and fast

The key to shielding is proper timing. You may want to wait up until they are starting to boost up and pips are enough to cast their powerful spell on the next turn, otherwise, they will just break your shields with low attacks. If you play first shielding is a lot easier and when you play second, you need to have at least two turns worth of shields. You may also want to bring some weakness.

Survivor
May 01, 2009
Hey thanks everyone! I cant wait to put this stuff into use. (Cant play right now because my laptop is not working :( )