Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Snow Drift

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
To start off with, I'm a Balance Overlord, with a Life Mastery amulet, so I'm not complaining for my own sake, this is for other Balance wizards. Alright, as you may know, Snow Drift steals a HoT (Heal over Time) for 1-2 pips (1 if you're using the Mandolin, 2 if it's the real spell). This spell, I find is unfair to Balance wizards. Why? Well, it's not that hard to guess why. Because it steals Balance's only heals, forcing them to BUY Life Mastery amulets. Again, I have no problem with this spell because I have a Life Mastery amulet myself, but other Balance wizards without a Life Mastery amulet can't heal again Ice wizards, unless they really wand to waste 4-8 pips for a mere 800-1700 heal, which is normally covered by an Infection or Entangle (Life dispel). KI, I don't think that this spell should be banned from pvp at all, but I'm just here to tell you that forcing players to buy to win is unfair, and to please don't take this path if you really are going to continue, because this is very unfair to Balance wizards that can't afford almost 10000 crowns while keeping up with a subscription, and farming Luska for a mastery takes FOREVER, considering you'll even get THE right amulet.

Explorer
Jul 23, 2012
80
your not forced to buy a life mastery you can just get a pet with spritely and instead of the balance heal it takes the sprite heal

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
158
cowstastegood on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
your not forced to buy a life mastery you can just get a pet with spritely and instead of the balance heal it takes the sprite heal
Why would someone use snowdrift to steal a spritely heal?
Your suggestion would only work if spritely is cast on the same turn snowdrift is to be used.
Unless there's a new ability where players can control pet heals, your argument is flawed.

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
58
Eric the Red on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Why would someone use snowdrift to steal a spritely heal?
Your suggestion would only work if spritely is cast on the same turn snowdrift is to be used.
Unless there's a new ability where players can control pet heals, your argument is flawed.
Your flawed. People have high amounts of boost now a days. Stealing that Spritely HoT could be a lifesaving move for them.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
158
Nicholas SandRunne... on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
Your flawed. People have high amounts of boost now a days. Stealing that Spritely HoT could be a lifesaving move for them.
Great, you go ahead and destroy your deck looking for Snowdirft to steal a Sprite heal. You missed the whole point of my reply. This isn't a debate about whether it's a good idea to steal Spritely. I was responding to cowstategood's suggestion that 'a pet with Spritely is adequate protection against Balance's HoT being stolen'. And it's not. It's not controlled. It's not something a Balance wizard can rely on happening, when they attempt to heal. Especially in 1v1, where sprite casts are generally less frequent.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
PvP King on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
To start off with, I'm a Balance Overlord, with a Life Mastery amulet, so I'm not complaining for my own sake, this is for other Balance wizards. Alright, as you may know, Snow Drift steals a HoT (Heal over Time) for 1-2 pips (1 if you're using the Mandolin, 2 if it's the real spell). This spell, I find is unfair to Balance wizards. Why? Well, it's not that hard to guess why. Because it steals Balance's only heals, forcing them to BUY Life Mastery amulets. Again, I have no problem with this spell because I have a Life Mastery amulet myself, but other Balance wizards without a Life Mastery amulet can't heal again Ice wizards, unless they really wand to waste 4-8 pips for a mere 800-1700 heal, which is normally covered by an Infection or Entangle (Life dispel). KI, I don't think that this spell should be banned from pvp at all, but I'm just here to tell you that forcing players to buy to win is unfair, and to please don't take this path if you really are going to continue, because this is very unfair to Balance wizards that can't afford almost 10000 crowns while keeping up with a subscription, and farming Luska for a mastery takes FOREVER, considering you'll even get THE right amulet.
Okay, if you are in the second position and cast a heal, I can see how this spell can possibly harm you, as with all first turn advantages, but again, this is a 50% chance.

However, this is not always the case and the card does not always show up right when you do. There are also other ways to heal, like all other classes that have to use Fairy or Satyr...

I just dont exactly see where you huge complaint comes from or what facts you give to bring that this spell is so much overpowered compared to other spells.

got some cheese for ya JouJou

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
84
I, as an Ice wizard, do not use this spell, because I do not 1v1 and find it useless because most heal over times are from a pet's spritely. (The real spell is 1 pip btw.)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
Darth JT on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
Okay, if you are in the second position and cast a heal, I can see how this spell can possibly harm you, as with all first turn advantages, but again, this is a 50% chance.

However, this is not always the case and the card does not always show up right when you do. There are also other ways to heal, like all other classes that have to use Fairy or Satyr...

I just dont exactly see where you huge complaint comes from or what facts you give to bring that this spell is so much overpowered compared to other spells.

got some cheese for ya JouJou
Again, I really don't care whether this spell changes or not, I have a life mastery amulet, but I find it unfair to people who do not have life mastery amulets and can only helping/availing hands. But most ices keep snow drift in hand vs a balance waiting for that criticalled over time heal.

Explorer
May 14, 2009
59
Why not use a pet to attempt to heal you? Sure, it may not use a fairy or sprite when you need it, but they are a great thing to have. However, I think it is fair ice can use that spell and steal a heal.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
91
PvP King on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
To start off with, I'm a Balance Overlord, with a Life Mastery amulet, so I'm not complaining for my own sake, this is for other Balance wizards. Alright, as you may know, Snow Drift steals a HoT (Heal over Time) for 1-2 pips (1 if you're using the Mandolin, 2 if it's the real spell). This spell, I find is unfair to Balance wizards. Why? Well, it's not that hard to guess why. Because it steals Balance's only heals, forcing them to BUY Life Mastery amulets. Again, I have no problem with this spell because I have a Life Mastery amulet myself, but other Balance wizards without a Life Mastery amulet can't heal again Ice wizards, unless they really wand to waste 4-8 pips for a mere 800-1700 heal, which is normally covered by an Infection or Entangle (Life dispel). KI, I don't think that this spell should be banned from pvp at all, but I'm just here to tell you that forcing players to buy to win is unfair, and to please don't take this path if you really are going to continue, because this is very unfair to Balance wizards that can't afford almost 10000 crowns while keeping up with a subscription, and farming Luska for a mastery takes FOREVER, considering you'll even get THE right amulet.
oh forgot u already have a life mastery but if the life thing don't work go for myth strategizing xD