Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should player health be increased in arena

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Most of the current complaints that I hear about in the arena seem to stem from onslaught killing at the beginning of matches. Waterworks kind of put an end to such onslaught killing of bosses as boss health was increased to twenty thousand and every fifth turn a change from traps to blades occur making stacking blades and traps more difficult to accomplish. But when it comes to PvP, we aren't up against 20,000 health players but rather 3,000 health players that likely have around 30% resists, which equates to around 4,000 health players. As a result there is a huge 500% health difference here between game play and PvP play, and in game play players aren't tempesting every turn either individually or as a team cause of the health that they are up against.

At this point, I think I favor heavily increasing player healths in the arena to see how it plays. I favor opening a test realm for PvP play to figure out what needs to be done in the arena to get it to play better.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I disagree for this reason, KI gave universal resistance to every school something ice was reliant on and depends on, and giving everyone more health thats literally saying lets get rid of ice as a school and just share what ice had with everyone. I mean really dont you think we have it bad enough no point in making it worse

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
No, health is fine. But Insane bolt is a big pain in my MarleyBone!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
There are plenty of ways to increase your health. Although, it will cost you power pip percentage, damage boost, or something. There are also amulets now that give health.

KI has given you everything you asked for, yet you are never satisfied!

Here, have a snickers!

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
thorvon65 wrote:
I disagree for this reason, KI gave universal resistance to every school something ice was reliant on and depends on, and giving everyone more health thats literally saying lets get rid of ice as a school and just share what ice had with everyone. I mean really dont you think we have it bad enough no point in making it worse

I would have thought ice would have benifitted the most with such a health increase as it would be at a multiple of current health.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
darthjt wrote:
There are plenty of ways to increase your health. Although, it will cost you power pip percentage, damage boost, or something. There are also amulets now that give health.

KI has given you everything you asked for, yet you are never satisfied!

Here, have a snickers!

In other words you can increase your health as long as you are willing to sabotage your character in such a way that it should never be able to win against anyone in the arena. Ya, that sounds like a good plan.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
seasnake wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:

I would have thought ice would have benifitted the most with such a health increase as it would be at a multiple of current health.

With spritely, healing, and the life mastery amulet (among other things), ice is already close to needing to one hit kill every other school. Increasing every schools health would cement that position. As every school's health increases, the advantage gap diminishes, and soon, only the heaviest hitting schools win because they are the only ones that can do enough damage to one hit kill anyone. I don't think this will do anything to help anyone.