Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should Infection be changed?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
If a shield only applies to the first hit of multiple hit, or "DoT" spell, then why isn't the same applied to heals that carry for multiple rounds? Infection applies to ALL of the heals from spells such as Sprite and Availing Hands.

Here's an example:

Fire Elf - "50 + 210 over 3 rounds."
A shield will only apply to the first hit of that spell.

Sprite - "30 + 270 over 3 rounds."
Infection applies to all heals, when in my opinion, it should only apply to the initial heal.

I'm a Death user, so in no way is this a complaint towards Death or the spell itself. Any thoughts, everyone? Also, I posted this in the PvP section 'cause Infection is more common in PvP. Feel free to move this to The Dorms if it belongs there, though.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Cedrien wrote:
If a shield only applies to the first hit of multiple hit, or "DoT" spell, then why isn't the same applied to heals that carry for multiple rounds? Infection applies to ALL of the heals from spells such as Sprite and Availing Hands.

Here's an example:

Fire Elf - "50 + 210 over 3 rounds."
A shield will only apply to the first hit of that spell.

Sprite - "30 + 270 over 3 rounds."
Infection applies to all heals, when in my opinion, it should only apply to the initial heal.

I'm a Death user, so in no way is this a complaint towards Death or the spell itself. Any thoughts, everyone? Also, I posted this in the PvP section 'cause Infection is more common in PvP. Feel free to move this to The Dorms if it belongs there, though.

Because Infection is a negative charm and not a ward or shield. Your comparing apples to oranges. Infection works more like the spell weakness or plague (which applies to the entire Dot and not the initial tick) and not shields.

Some sort of Heal Trap would work the way you are describing, but that spell doesn't exist (yet).

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
Thanks for the clarification, Kingurz. Considering how frequently pets cast Sprite, I guess the spell is fine as is. I just wanted to know the mechanics behind why it applies to the entire heal. Thanks again.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008