Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should everyone have double health in PvP

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
The lack of health in the PvP arena is from what I can tell the major source of complaints about PvP. Those who go first tend to win most of the time cause they can stun and or otherwise kill the other side off before the other side has the chance to attack back. People complain about judgement, wild bolt, and the like cause they are often one hit by them without a way to do much about it. Attack damage in the arena is very high in terms of PvP, the reason for this is that in actual game play we are used to going up against stuff that has twice as much or more health than we do, so our damage in arena play is kind of like double what it would be like in game play against boss type fights.

If everyone's health in PvP were doubled, then people could survive initial hits more easily and be able to set attacks up and impliment decent strategies that we players tend to use in actual game play.

If health in the arena is doubled then people would see that judgment doesn't hit as horribly hard and that their teams can typically recover from stuns and large mass attack hits. As it is now everyone is pretty much going up against heavy damage players and with a lack of life to survive... end result is that the side that goes first will win most all of the time and spells that aren't devestating in actual game play will stop being one hit PvP wonders.

Additionally, I'd like to see mana points converted over and added to players as additional health points in the pvp arena. So basically everyone would get double their normal health plus additional health from their mana points. This would definately change the way PvP feels and plays and would largely rid the complaints against such cards as judgement and wild bolt. Wild bolts are no longer casting with super high hit rates, I fizzle on them all the time now and they barely cast now.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
66
Hehe... if that happened, my Ice wizard would be so amazing.

Anyway, while that is a good idea since people would survive most normal attacks easier, they'll still die from Judgement and Wild Bolt if they have traps on them, or the caster has blades and everything up.

Also, no matter what, people would complain about it if people have way high health, and they're harder to kill. *sigh*

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
Shannoony wrote:
Hehe... if that happened, my Ice wizard would be so amazing.

Anyway, while that is a good idea since people would survive most normal attacks easier, they'll still die from Judgement and Wild Bolt if they have traps on them, or the caster has blades and everything up.

Also, no matter what, people would complain about it if people have way high health, and they're harder to kill. *sigh*


I think ice wizards could be made stronger so I am not against them being more awesome (ice is supposed to be hard to kill due to health). I've also suggested before to give players the option of joining a normal health and a double health pvp arena... it would be their choice as to which they would like to play at. Sure, some players can plus up their attacks and still be able to hit high and kill, but while doing that you have more of a chance to mess up their attacks and plussing up is part of the game. It still beats not having to plus up to kill everyone making things a mass quick kill one stun and you can do nothing match.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
giving ice school a card that places tower shields on their entire team would also help a lot in terms of the lower than in game health issue concerning pvp... ice is about being able to tank health and a group tower shield would make everyone feel the presence of having ice on their side

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
129
Yeah, life wizards 1v1 with 6-8K hit points. I'd rather bang my head against a wall until I pass out from lack of blood.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
possumman14 wrote:
Yeah, life wizards 1v1 with 6-8K hit points. I'd rather bang my head against a wall until I pass out from lack of blood.


lol... that is still only a one hit kill for those who are into stacking blades and traps so I fail to see your complaint

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
3
seasnake wrote:
giving ice school a card that places tower shields on their entire team would also help a lot in terms of the lower than in game health issue concerning pvp... ice is about being able to tank health and a group tower shield would make everyone feel the presence of having ice on their side


I completely agree with this statement =0!
Heres my reasoning:
Ice and storm are the opposites of each other right?
Storm having low health but all the power and ice having high health but little power...
Any who, we're all familiar with the spell windstorm which is the storm spell that places storm traps on all opponents.
Yet Ice has no such skill in any way shape or form.

If the power class can place traps on everyone in one turn shouldnt Ice be able to protect everyone in one turn?

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
399
seasnake wrote:
The lack of health in the PvP arena is from what I can tell the major source of complaints about PvP. Those who go first tend to win most of the time cause they can stun and or otherwise kill the other side off before the other side has the chance to attack back. People complain about judgement, wild bolt, and the like cause they are often one hit by them without a way to do much about it. Attack damage in the arena is very high in terms of PvP, the reason for this is that in actual game play we are used to going up against stuff that has twice as much or more health than we do, so our damage in arena play is kind of like double what it would be like in game play against boss type fights.

If everyone's health in PvP were doubled, then people could survive initial hits more easily and be able to set attacks up and impliment decent strategies that we players tend to use in actual game play.

If health in the arena is doubled then people would see that judgment doesn't hit as horribly hard and that their teams can typically recover from stuns and large mass attack hits. As it is now everyone is pretty much going up against heavy damage players and with a lack of life to survive... end result is that the side that goes first will win most all of the time and spells that aren't devestating in actual game play will stop being one hit PvP wonders.

Additionally, I'd like to see mana points converted over and added to players as additional health points in the pvp arena. So basically everyone would get double their normal health plus additional health from their mana points. This would definately change the way PvP feels and plays and would largely rid the complaints against such cards as judgement and wild bolt. Wild bolts are no longer casting with super high hit rates, I fizzle on them all the time now and they barely cast now.


ok first, there are a ton of things you can do against your "one hit wonders"

second, pvp would take ages even with these "wonders", so a lot of people would just throw in the towel out of sheer overexposure to tedium.

you're probably a high-level with a bad strat, so you want this to boost your survivability by upping your health.

plus it's pssible for these wonders to one hit anyway, i mean come on, if you're not going to block a 7-powerpip, dragonbladed, bladestormed, balancebladed, cursed, hexed, feinted judge, you will lose with a 6000+ damage attack! so strategy would be needed (to survive and to take the opponent out before they whip out the heals) and a ton of players seem to be bad at that. just saying.

finally, this would stretch our decks extremely far. picture a low level pitted against someone of their own level. 1500+ health. can a 16-card deck with no attack higher than rank two defeat 1500+health? no.