Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

shields

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
I honestly think that shields lack in some schools. I'm a level 27 death student and when i face storm, or balance, or any other powerful school, i cannot shield myself. There is literally just one shield to help a death student for a while, in my opinion, and that's the 50% off shield (forgot its name). I think some occasional missions should be added in to help classes that lack shields gain some more.
In PvP it can be really hard for me to defend myself against wild bolt and judgement. I'd have to get lucky and cast the shield (the 50% off shield) right before they use it. Sometimes it doesn't even have to be cards that powerful. It could be weaker cards being casted by a player with an extraordinary strength boost for that class. If i had one of those blades that weaken an attack etc. I'd be much better off in defending myself.
I'm not asking to be like a balance or life and have all those shields, i'm just asking for more than just a death shield or 50% off shield.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
Survivor
Oct 11, 2009
This is why you have training points. If you plan to seriously pvp, you must have tower shields (5 points in ice). You will get a Fire/Storm shield on the way to the tower shield.

If you feel you need shields, simply spend your talent points to get them.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
Bl00d64 wrote:
I honestly think that shields lack in some schools. I'm a level 27 death student and when i face storm, or balance, or any other powerful school, i cannot shield myself. There is literally just one shield to help a death student for a while, in my opinion, and that's the 50% off shield (forgot its name). I think some occasional missions should be added in to help classes that lack shields gain some more.
In PvP it can be really hard for me to defend myself against wild bolt and judgement. I'd have to get lucky and cast the shield (the 50% off shield) right before they use it. Sometimes it doesn't even have to be cards that powerful. It could be weaker cards being casted by a player with an extraordinary strength boost for that class. If i had one of those blades that weaken an attack etc. I'd be much better off in defending myself.
I'm not asking to be like a balance or life and have all those shields, i'm just asking for more than just a death shield or 50% off shield.

ypur thinking of the Tower Shield, it is ice school lvl 16, open to all students who use their training points
ALSO! You could get a balance blade that weakens the oppenents attack, called Weakness open too all schools, too i think.
Absorb, life stun shields and your own personal school shields that block against your own attack, and anothr one that blocks the other 2 schools in your triangle too.
Also pendants give these cards, cloths do, you can buy them, or crafte them, so sorry but you have no room to complain, have a friend that has lots of shields, or pick a different school

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Bl00d64 wrote:

You mean tower shield in the ice school? Storm wizards get hurt really easily, yes. I have to defeat powerful master wizards (not just any 40's levels wizards, REALLY POWERFUL ONES!!!!!!!!!!!!). They get me with my shields on (they didn't use pierce), and they make me nervous!!

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist