Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shielding

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Shielding has become a big part in PVP I see. Since im not myth there are very rare ways to stop it. I am life. No way to get rid of shields and people who constently use shields. Can get a little bit harsh. Any ideas on how to stop it.

Hero
May 19, 2009
Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
DarthNexus wrote:
You want to stop shields in whole?
no, I just want tips on how to deal with shielding.

Hero
May 19, 2009
You can use a wand of the same school to get rid of them. Ice has the ability to steal them and myth can break them.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
My diviner sees a lot of shields since everyone got scared of wild bolt spammers and stacked storm shields in thier decks. I deal with it by using a storm class wand and packing plenty of cheap attack cards. For someone that has a high power pip percentage I recommend at least three to four 2 pip spells like lightning bats or leprachaun. If you don't get power pips that often yet, pack a few 1 pipers. You'll have to be much more careful with your blades.

It is always easier to formulate a plan when you go first, but when you go second you really need to be thinking at least two turns ahead, if not three or four. I've found that with some patience I can draw out an opponents shields early and deal with them systematically so that by the time I have enough pips for a powerful combo, I can deliver it with some confidence.

Another alternative is prisms. You have to be careful how you put those on to be effective with traps, if you use them. What I seem to notice is that in the arena the same rules with prisms and shields don't apply as in PvE, but I may be wrong since I've only seen a very small handful of opponents use prisms in the arena. I know that I've seen a few posts in the past relating to this topic.

Something else that just occured to me as a winning strategy for a life wizard is just to outlast your opponent. Stock all your healing, and all your attack spells, use your pip advantage when healing and just whittle em down. They'll eventually run out of shields, and have to reshuffle (if they packed it). In this case your school dispell would come in very handy. I'd have to look if you get it as a course of your training. I know storm gets its dispell "free of charge" so to speak. The life dispell will become a very powerful tool to all wizards I think in the coming weeks. But pack a bunch of those in your deck, just keep hitting your opponent for what you can, heal as needed, and you'll eventually win the match. Even if you simply bored your opponent to death :)

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008

no offense, but are you doing 1v1 be sides that sheilds arent that bad. sometimes life is mosty healing and has low attack and good heath plus good accurcy. so it is better to do 2v2 3v3 or 4v4 then 1v1