Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sheild use and exact damage reduction

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 24, 2019
So I have a question. I've been wondering... If you use a sheild after a trap and your opponent uses another trap does the shield only reduce the damage from the first trap or the overall damage? Because with sheilds and with prisms you have to be precise with this kinda thing so I wasn't sure about this.

Usually whenever you cast a sheild it reduces incoming damage from your opponent who mostly uses traps and their power up sheilds. Now if you use an elemental sheild after they use a trap on you and they use another trap after does that count to the overall damage ( damage from card plus all sheilds and traps) or damage from the first trap (meaning the second trap is an add on to the already reduced damage from your oponent)

I know this is a bit hard to understand but if you know what I'm talking about please get back to me thx XD

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Zarzaline on May 24, 2019 wrote:
So I have a question. I've been wondering... If you use a sheild after a trap and your opponent uses another trap does the shield only reduce the damage from the first trap or the overall damage? Because with sheilds and with prisms you have to be precise with this kinda thing so I wasn't sure about this.

Usually whenever you cast a sheild it reduces incoming damage from your opponent who mostly uses traps and their power up sheilds. Now if you use an elemental sheild after they use a trap on you and they use another trap after does that count to the overall damage ( damage from card plus all sheilds and traps) or damage from the first trap (meaning the second trap is an add on to the already reduced damage from your oponent)

I know this is a bit hard to understand but if you know what I'm talking about please get back to me thx XD
It depends on the circumstances. Where as if the trap is of the same type, the shield of that nature or tower shield will protects u via that one trap not the other. How ever if the the trap was lets say one regular and one enchanted then both traps will be used up and the deduction will be calculated after the shield is taking off through any damage means.