Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Shatter, doing a 180.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I have always been against Shatter, from the first day I saw it's release.
I have never used shatter in Ranked PvP, ever, not even on my Level 70 Myth.
As of late, all I get is "Max bladers and shatter" or shatter every time I get a few shields up. I have never minded Earthquake, but that is different. I think that shatter has been used on me the last 18 or 19 out of 20 matches.
Anyway, I am wondering, how many players out there that have or don't have the Myth amulet, that don't use Shatter?
I am considering doing a 180 and adding it.......

Joe.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
As of late, all I get is "Max bladers and shatter" or shatter every time I get a few shields up. I have never minded Earthquake, but that is different. I think that shatter has been used on me the last 18 or 19 out of 20 matches.
Anyway, I am wondering, how many players out there that have or don't have the Myth amulet, that don't use Shatter?

Joe.

I know its very popular. I see it used a lot of the time. Personally, I'm not a fan either as I think it should have been either a higher pip cost or should have removed all wards, not just shields. However, that ship sailed a long time ago. Looking to right now and the future, I would have a lot less issue with shatter if there were also a storm spell that for 3 pips removes all positive charms from one target. It would not only benefit storm strategically but would also bring more equilibrium back to 1v1. That's my two cents anyway...

Historian
May 01, 2010
I have a myth mastery amulet, and usually depend on earthquake to remover shields, and blades at that, but I usually keep 2 shatters in my side deck, for the reason that I dont want to remove the life dispels on longer matches (Gnomes), and has been shattered on a bunch by trapstacking balances (in my pvp experience, I have only met 2 balances that didnt depend on trapstacking/bladestacking, I know there are more out there, but that was out of about 20-30). But anyway, to answer your question, I havent seen that many shatters floating around the other schools, and I would be MORE than happy if shatter took all traps along with shields, and costs 2 pips.....

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
Lion359 wrote:

Joe.

Hey Joe,

I'm myth and stoped doing pvp the part I loved most in wizards over shatter.

I think shatter is a great spell if it was myth only, but because schools with more effective ways of killing over myth aka traps, blades, damage bonus etc... it unbalanced the game. it makes Myth weaker in arena because now myth has to spam myth dispel to keep shields up.

if they do not remove shatter as a TC I will never enter the arena as a myth again.

if I was any other wizard I would have myth amulet and shatter. I'm surprised this does not happend every match. it would be so easy to kill, myth even more as they have second lowest life.

I would but I do not want to arena any more as myth was my love.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2011
dont add shatter. the less people that add it the more integrity it will add to pvp. Honestly shatter has just turned players who are first to blade up shatter and kill with no strategy what so ever. Seriously there is no counter to this strategy... unless the opponent is balance then a virulent plague or Efreet will really mess that up but every person i have seen in pvp carries a wand outside of there school so they can just wand a weakness away. BTW i also don't use shatter

Defender
Aug 07, 2010
Read my reply on the other board bashing shatter. Their are strategies against it, though its about what you are willing to do to stop it. I chose not to complain about it and rather change my strategy towards it and face it.

Blake NightWraith