Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seriously revamp matching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
There is something really wrong with matching and card draws in this game sometimes.
Tell me what are the odds that a lvl 18 Life who ends up casting 2nd in the fight each round beats a lvl 28 Death/Life?
What are the odds that with 10 heal cards in my deck not one shows up for 10 rounds while the lvl 18 life casts nothing but minor attacks with minimal damage blades and whittles down 1400 HP on my toon that has 16% resists to all.

It seems that whenever I come up against a PvP captain or higher. ( I can rarely break Veteran) my card draw is gimped beyond belief where my weakest most useless card draw up first against them. I.E. not one heal or shield, only damage blades and wand attacks.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Another example. Just got sent against the same person 2x in a row.

1st match: Lvl 26 Death player opens up with damages blades and sacrifice all right in order 4 rounds..has a death pet that then hits me for 2400 HP..boom one shot I am dead.
Not one shield from my deck appeared and nothing else of use to counter or attack him in that 4 rounds.

2nd match: Same guy, opens up with 5..yes 5 -55% tower shields in a row. I ask how he does that and says they are Treasure Cards. Then he adds his damage blades and sacrifice again all in order and again one shot hits me 2400 points of damage.
What cards come up for me? All 6 of my damage blades and all my heals..only one 4 pip attack card came up in that 9 rounds and one wand attack.

So essentially if you don't stack treasure cards and a pet with a massive one hit attack there is no reason for you to PvP in the game.

Frankly I think I am done spending any more crowns for my three accounts (mine and two kids) since the crowns don't buy you thing to be competitive in PvP unless I blow them on treasure cards to stack for PvP.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
Ya that happens to me too, seems like the higher rank I get the worse my deck lol. But, seriously, I understand that the deck is not gonna be what one wants all the time so I can deal with that. What I really hate is the match up where you are fighting someone who is 2x or more above your level and it is a very hard fight, even if you are commander and other guy is say a private or veteran, and if you lose you lose 29 points, but if you win you only get 3 or 7 points? What gives with that KI? It is totally unfair?
For example, this just happened: my wiz is a level 16 commander, who went up against a level 32 veteran. Ok he wins the first one and gets 29 points and I lose 29 points! we get matched up again, this time I win and I get 6 points! 6 points! big whoop for all of that work! THAT is messed up! I dont care if my wiz is a commander, the game doesnt take into consideration that a level 32 is hard to beat regardless? Where is the reward for all that hard work. 6 points! rip-off and on top of it if he wins I lose 29 points! I think your mathematician or computer science guy needs to go back to school and take some remedial statistics as that just does not sound right to me. The levels should count just as much as the rank ( or close) and they dont. KI you do not take into consideration that levels 2x or higher are very difficult to win against even if you are commander or warlord. So what if i have resist when they wipe out half my life with one hit even with shields. The matching system really needs to be worked out better. Or at least change the way points are won and lost.