Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Section PvP Match-ups

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 07, 2013
9
I have a lower level wizard I use exclusively for PvP. She's level ten. I'm new to Wizard101 and figured it would be fair and put me against someone with my stats, I was wrong. I've had to fight level fifteen wizards with over fifteen hundred health and high resist, characters my level with grossly over powered pets and tons of novice wizards with treasure cards (Tower Shield, Kraken and Koto mainly). PvP needs a Sectioning System for players sorted by level, gear, pet and rank. This way any high level or over powered low level can only fight other high level or over powered low level wizards at their rank. It would make them stop ranking down for easy wins against new players or players who play by skill and new players have a chance to learn how to fight in PvP instead of constantly getting hit with OP'd spells. I also believe Treasure Cards should be banned from PvP indefinitely, if the fights were Sorted to be fair Treasure Cards would have no place in PvP since you wouldn't be fighting someone more powerful than you. I'm sure 99% of you hate my guts and like PvP they way it is, a trolls game, but I don't care, I want fair PvP gameplay. Tell me what you think, good or bad. Request Kingsisle to make PvP fair? If they'll listen.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
If this was implemented, it would take forever to get a match. Imagine the person at the top of the leaderboard. They would never get a match, because they'd have to fight someone with close to the same level, rank, pet, and gear. Since there are very few people close to their ranking, they would have to fight one of them just based on the ranking limit. Those people probably have very different gear, pets, possibly level, and sometimes even a large difference in rank. I think that pvp is good the way it is, because with your suggested changes, pvp matches would take forever to get into.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2013
9
Aaron SpellThief on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
If this was implemented, it would take forever to get a match. Imagine the person at the top of the leaderboard. They would never get a match, because they'd have to fight someone with close to the same level, rank, pet, and gear. Since there are very few people close to their ranking, they would have to fight one of them just based on the ranking limit. Those people probably have very different gear, pets, possibly level, and sometimes even a large difference in rank. I think that pvp is good the way it is, because with your suggested changes, pvp matches would take forever to get into.
With all the people playing Wizard101 it wouldn't take very long to get into matches. I run into a variety of new, experienced and cheap players. Say it does make finding a match take longer, I'm sure newer players would be happier having a chance to actually win a match instead of a bombardment of over powered people. So you want PvP to remain as is? Where you get fights quicker but lose them all? Then you hit the bottom of the board and it takes forever to get into a match, all because of gear difference, pet difference and level difference. Not to mention you will only get 2 tickets every time, and the better PvP gear is Higher Rank only. So not only do you lose and fall down the ranks so far you have to wait too long for a match, you also get so few tickets. When I say you I mean a theoretical person with regular gear. There is lower tier PvP gear that's not as powerful and costs more than the better gear for every 10 levels, but you'd have to compete in five hundred matches to get one gear piece because every match you're a private. I have started last week and competed in over three hundred matches, my losses are seven over my wins, my losses are all from the listed reasons in my previous comment. I only have nine hundred tickets now. I'm sure you don't care because you have all these powerful spells and gear and such but I'm stating this problem anyway. The only place where any level can fight any level should be tournaments. Sorry if I sound snobby but this really bothers me. I'm actually paying real money for this?

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
WaitingForSomethin... on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
With all the people playing Wizard101 it wouldn't take very long to get into matches. I run into a variety of new, experienced and cheap players. Say it does make finding a match take longer, I'm sure newer players would be happier having a chance to actually win a match instead of a bombardment of over powered people. So you want PvP to remain as is? Where you get fights quicker but lose them all? Then you hit the bottom of the board and it takes forever to get into a match, all because of gear difference, pet difference and level difference. Not to mention you will only get 2 tickets every time, and the better PvP gear is Higher Rank only. So not only do you lose and fall down the ranks so far you have to wait too long for a match, you also get so few tickets. When I say you I mean a theoretical person with regular gear. There is lower tier PvP gear that's not as powerful and costs more than the better gear for every 10 levels, but you'd have to compete in five hundred matches to get one gear piece because every match you're a private. I have started last week and competed in over three hundred matches, my losses are seven over my wins, my losses are all from the listed reasons in my previous comment. I only have nine hundred tickets now. I'm sure you don't care because you have all these powerful spells and gear and such but I'm stating this problem anyway. The only place where any level can fight any level should be tournaments. Sorry if I sound snobby but this really bothers me. I'm actually paying real money for this?
Tournaments are currently sectioned in 10 levels per section, or at least that's what I gathered from the tournament I did. I suppose i can agree with the level part. My level 28 balance 1382 rating warlord has faced a level 62 private. you want to win a lot, I suggest using monstrous and triton treasure cards. If you don't like using treasure cards, you could level to 28 with balance, use max pip judgement after fire elf, and get to warlord. If you want a more complicated strategy, you could level your character to level 90 and look up a pvp guide. My balance, at level 8, in the first age, was at around 877 rating with 175 wins and 33 losses just using triton tc after getting people into a low health range using monstrous tc.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
WaitingForSomethin... on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
With all the people playing Wizard101 it wouldn't take very long to get into matches. I run into a variety of new, experienced and cheap players. Say it does make finding a match take longer, I'm sure newer players would be happier having a chance to actually win a match instead of a bombardment of over powered people. So you want PvP to remain as is? Where you get fights quicker but lose them all? Then you hit the bottom of the board and it takes forever to get into a match, all because of gear difference, pet difference and level difference. Not to mention you will only get 2 tickets every time, and the better PvP gear is Higher Rank only. So not only do you lose and fall down the ranks so far you have to wait too long for a match, you also get so few tickets. When I say you I mean a theoretical person with regular gear. There is lower tier PvP gear that's not as powerful and costs more than the better gear for every 10 levels, but you'd have to compete in five hundred matches to get one gear piece because every match you're a private. I have started last week and competed in over three hundred matches, my losses are seven over my wins, my losses are all from the listed reasons in my previous comment. I only have nine hundred tickets now. I'm sure you don't care because you have all these powerful spells and gear and such but I'm stating this problem anyway. The only place where any level can fight any level should be tournaments. Sorry if I sound snobby but this really bothers me. I'm actually paying real money for this?
Oh, and as for the part about paying money, it's your choice whether to pay money or not.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
WaitingForSomethin... on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
With all the people playing Wizard101 it wouldn't take very long to get into matches. I run into a variety of new, experienced and cheap players. Say it does make finding a match take longer, I'm sure newer players would be happier having a chance to actually win a match instead of a bombardment of over powered people. So you want PvP to remain as is? Where you get fights quicker but lose them all? Then you hit the bottom of the board and it takes forever to get into a match, all because of gear difference, pet difference and level difference. Not to mention you will only get 2 tickets every time, and the better PvP gear is Higher Rank only. So not only do you lose and fall down the ranks so far you have to wait too long for a match, you also get so few tickets. When I say you I mean a theoretical person with regular gear. There is lower tier PvP gear that's not as powerful and costs more than the better gear for every 10 levels, but you'd have to compete in five hundred matches to get one gear piece because every match you're a private. I have started last week and competed in over three hundred matches, my losses are seven over my wins, my losses are all from the listed reasons in my previous comment. I only have nine hundred tickets now. I'm sure you don't care because you have all these powerful spells and gear and such but I'm stating this problem anyway. The only place where any level can fight any level should be tournaments. Sorry if I sound snobby but this really bothers me. I'm actually paying real money for this?
I keep forgetting to put things in my posts x.x even if 2 beginners face each other, one has to win, and one has to lose. Kingisle will not change it so that you win all the time. If you want to win a lot, you'll have to use strategy and preperation.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2013
9
Aaron SpellThief on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
I keep forgetting to put things in my posts x.x even if 2 beginners face each other, one has to win, and one has to lose. Kingisle will not change it so that you win all the time. If you want to win a lot, you'll have to use strategy and preperation.
I never said anything about getting nothing but fights that you win, I said fights that are fairer to each side. Perhaps theycould put additional options like, "Treasure Cards Allowed", "High Damage Match", "No Pets". Things like this could be put into PvP options so you and your opponent can get a matchup closer to your likes. Whether it's to use Treasure Cards or not. Speaking of getting put into higher level fights, yesterday I continued with PvP and was put into a match with a level 40, what's going on Kingsisle? He was a private, it was clear he was ranked down so he could get easy wins for tickets, unfair.