Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

school of life and pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
ok i am life/fire mage played a round or two couldnt kill any one. so i thought about it and came up with this 90% heals and shields & sprites some damage spells. and it seem like i am winning most fights (fire mages hate them) by running people out of cards. even beat a guy who said he beat the game. but i have bin getting flack from players about "you are a baby" and "your cheating" i dont see it that way i am playing to my class str. no?

(flame away lol)

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
If they wish, they can put up a doom and gloom, and then hit you with the damage. They just aren't thinking but reacting.

It isn't that you are a baby, or cheating, or anything else...it is more that they just want to pick on people, and are playing for self-gratification rather than fun for all. Look through a basic pysch textbook, understand their need to build themselves up on others, and just feel sorry for them.

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
No you're doing it right.

Sometimes the best defense is an great offense, sometimes the best defense is a seriously kick butt defense ! :-)

Yes it's difficult to actively defeat someone when you're primary school is life, but they're going to run out of healing spells before you do if their secondary is not life. The only primary school my own life wizard has trouble against is Death.

As for my other characters, they all have their primary school with life as a secondary. And they all rock!

My game plan is to outlast my opponent rather than overwhelm them with a single super spell. After they've run out of heal spells (Most people only have three not counting their treasure cards) and they've used up their 3-5 big primary school attacks, if they haven't killed you yet they're all out of firepower.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
damionte wrote:
My game plan is to outlast my opponent rather than overwhelm them with a single super spell. After they've run out of heal spells (Most people only have three not counting their treasure cards) and they've used up their 3-5 big primary school attacks, if they haven't killed you yet they're all out of firepower.

Until of course they cast Reshuffle.

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
Shhhhhh ! Unless they're balance many haven't seen that spell yet. :-) Or are not willing to pay for it, you're giving away the secrets! :-)

Survivor
Mar 15, 2009
damionte wrote:
Shhhhhh ! Unless they're balance many haven't seen that spell yet. :-) Or are not willing to pay for it, you're giving away the secrets! :-)

thank you! ;)
and other than that i want reshuffle badly :-( made a balance wizard to try it out :-P

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
I've learned as a life wizard that I need to focus on defense before offense. Sure it might take a while before I can start attacking them but I win most of the time this way. Reshuffle is a must in my pvp deck at all times, now to just figure out what I want to put the rest of my points into.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
I agree with everyone here thus far. I don't think you've complained when someone playing storm hit you with kraken (4 pip), a spell which has the same damage range as your Centuar (6 pip). Everyone playing PvP should be playing to their schools strengths, you know what your school does, figure out how to use it to win.

Unfortunatly, expect a lot more complaining. If some people aren't winning, then you obviously must be cheating or playing cheap or being a baby, or anything they can possibly think up in the vague hope of shaming you into stopping so they can win.

It is my mercenary side in me, but if someone resorts to these tactics, then your on the right track and lean on them a bit more.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
damionte wrote:
No you're doing it right.

Sometimes the best defense is an great offense, sometimes the best defense is a seriously kick butt defense ! :-)

Yes it's difficult to actively defeat someone when you're primary school is life, but they're going to run out of healing spells before you do if their secondary is not life. The only primary school my own life wizard has trouble against is Death.

Yes i so agree with you, first off it really isnt cheating to use treasure cards, you can make any card into a treasure card that doesnt have 100% accuracy, trade them with friends if they are a different school or are a higher lvl, or if you have a hig lvl wizard(i do this sometimes) buy a starter deck, put the cards you made in it, put it in shared bank and trade it to another wizard of yours. I only say people are cheating if i am jk, and i tell them i am jk,

it cost 25 gold to make a gold card. Buy a tough card or a accuracy card at one of the 2 libarys. Hint: you cant use them on cards like traps, or cards you get from pendants (those cards are purple, purples are no no cards :-)
hope that helped you

anyways i have a magus life wizard, still on first street of mb, and i win a more then half the time, get a troll ear pendant all you lifes, they help when you are in dire need of healing, and fast, or the shoes that give the same card in wc shoe store, but that card and a card from the pendant and you got a major boast, if they say you cheating just tell them, "Well if I'm cheating you can too, make a life wizard then and stop arguing :-P "

steams them up and makes them be quite most of the time ^^

Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
i think that they should make when fighting a life or death character they should make it optional like

in ranked matches you get an life match and your not life or death but you do have pixie so they should make it that you can choose to fight a none healing match or a normal match

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
By the same notion, should be able to not have to fight storm, whose damage can let them plow through wizards twice their level, of against balance which you can't defend against unless you are ice or have purchased to specficly be able to.

Come on guys.

Yes, it really sucks to be on the recieving end of a life turtle tactic where they are not going to let you kill them and stall until they can finally one shot you. Which once they start you don't need to be constantly throwing spells, you can build up to. It is a battle tactic and it should NEVER be optional to fight a particular group in PVP because then you will only pick fights you think you can win.

If you decide to go into PVP you will lose, I promise you. Might take you awhile, but it will happen. Losing is not a reason to ban something. You will come across tactics that beat your tactics, not a reason to ban something. No defense is perfect, both absobring armors get bypassed by life drains, life mages can't heal above their max health so you have a number to work with. Outside of Storm's "Oh please let this work" wild bolt, you can figure out the max damage/healing someone can do with their pips with high accuracy.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
ok, icemann, yo seem like a pretty smart guy when it comes to pvp,so i will ask you and anyone who will answer, this question. So i am a lvl forty one life\fire mage just like a lot of you. you would think i am a pretty kick butt pvp-er right? WRONG! i stink at pvp, my record is one and ten. I really need some advice. i tried the heal alot and wait for the opponet to run out of cards but it won't work for me because i am a very impatient person. Are there any other tactics for life guys like me

Someone please respond to this- Stephen Ironheart lvl 41 thergist\pyromancer. 8)

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
just use the 50- death spell to weaken there healing :-) there all better. nope not just yet i have hit a high heal rebirth at 1785 healing! i say this is very good :]. but almost all balances have the 50- spell ;( i have to use a little heal and waste pips to get rid of it like fairy and unicorn or a low pips dyada or some thing like that

Survivor
Aug 31, 2009
I am life/fire, and anyone who complains about the turtling needs to roll a life mage. What is storms strength... Big damage . What is lifes strength... ya I don't need to answer that. Why would we play into our own weakness?! I have been hardcore grinding my level up, got to 34 rather quickly and havn't set any time aside for PVP. But now that I know my class is that annoying, I think I will give it a go.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
This is actually a question I'd been wondering about: which school is better suited for long duels, Life or Myth?

Defender
Jun 17, 2009
i believe balance/ 5 points into ice school/ 2 or 3 points into storm school..
maybe 5 points into myth school then you have everyone's shield

balances spirit shield, elemental shield, tower shield, thermatic shields, volcanic shields, myth's shields against life/death.. with all this and pvp gears to increase the defense i was once hit with a skeleton pirate and he did 93 base damage with one -70 shield and my resist

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
luffy52 wrote:
damionte wrote:

thank you! ;)
and other than that i want reshuffle badly :-( made a balance wizard to try it out :-P
other people can get it :-) my life does

Explorer
Mar 03, 2009
i have only seen ONE LIFE PERSON WITH A FULL SET OF COMMANDER ARMOR. i almost have the vet armor but i gave up on it. it is to hard getting to commander with no gold cards. i got the best life deck and my battles in dragonsyhere. can you make it getting tickets getting easyer because i have to get the life robe from arena. :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Explorer
Mar 08, 2009
icemann4 wrote:
ok i am life/fire mage played a round or two couldnt kill any one. so i thought about it and came up with this 90% heals and shields & sprites some damage spells. and it seem like i am winning most fights (fire mages hate them) by running people out of cards. even beat a guy who said he beat the game. but i have bin getting flack from players about "you are a baby" and "your cheating" i dont see it that way i am playing to my class str. no?

(flame away lol)
lol lol lol lol lol well my friend thats is not a very good way of playing for one it takes the fun out of the fight i have a grandmaster fire and i know you cant kill a life that likes to heal every round but i fixed that prob when i made my storm and balance i think there is nothing better then a life trying to out heal my bolts and tritons it cant be done my friend i put my time in getting my sniper cards and as well i have feint on both balance and storm i hope to see you one day maybe it will be fun scot deathhammer-grandmaster-fire storm balnce-noobs-myth and death