Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We are aware of the recent Heartbleed Bug internet vulnerability issue and can confirm that none of the KingsIsle systems or websites were impacted. If you wish to have further clarification about the bug itself visit http://heartbleed.com.

School Favoritism... >:(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
2
School Favoritism... >:(
Since Celestia, many of us have seen that Wizard101 Creators have a big favoritism on Schools like Storm and Life leaving out Schools like Death and Ice with the weakest spells.
Here are my complaints:
-Death spells since Celestia was released were the least favorable, instead of getting an "To all enemies" Spell Necromancers got a single enemy spell, and Ice got the "To all enemies" Spell. In my opinion Death school should have gotten an "To all enemies" Spell since Ice already has many "To all enemies" Spell leaving Death School with the worst realease.
-When Wintertusk was released Storm School, already being easily able to kill in 1 hit, they get the spell "Supercharge".
-Also when Wintertusk was released new pets were released as well. Once again Necromancers getting the worst release with a Pet Scarecrow that gives a Scarecrow card a about 150 points stronger than the original. Meanwhile, Life gets a Pet Forest Lord with a card that is stronger than normal "Forest Lord" spell but also gives 30% Life Traps to all enemies? Unfair, in my opinion.
-With the release of Wintertusk new spells to all schools were released. Life School got a spell that takes away the only successful attack to Death School, the spell "Triage". Since Necromancers got "Skeletal Dragon" that has been the only successful attack there has been for Death, but the release of the spell "Triage" ruins that, now making Death Schools one of the weakest Schools now.

There are many more complaints I have about Wizard101 Currently, these things make schools like Death now be one of the weakest schools making it the game unfair to Necromancers... Including that is extremely difficult for some schools to rank up in PVP... I am hoping schools like Death get the spells we deserve and make it evenly good in power to all wizards.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2892
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
This is a PvP issue and belongs in the PvP forum.

Administrator
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
Moved to the appropriate section, thanks Colagada.


community@wizard101.com
Historian
Jan 05, 2011
659
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
i guess you haven't done PvP against the person who thinks that death wizards are way overpowered. you two should get together and have a complaint competition. -eli and crew

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2062
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
Fury,

This is your point of view and you are entitled to it, however, your point of view, according to strategy and mathmatics is flawed...

The only thing wrong with any of the new spells death has gotten, is dark pact, it should not be a death spell, it should be a moon spell, so as to not have death boosts affect it, nor it use death blades... This is the only flaw with the new release as far as death is concerned...

Triage is a good spell, however, if you are smart and strategically play, then you can cast Poison or Skeletal Dragon, followed by another Poison, or a Wraith, Since on the following turn, the enemy will be using Triage according to you, that leaves them without shields and entirely vulnerable to an attack...

I don't see how you can think, since they also made Scarecrow and Wraith enchantable, that KI is bias toward other schools...

So, in short, schools are as balanced as they can be, considering all schools are different... There is room for growth, meaning, more spells and more levels, so in time, I am sure, Death will get another Attack all spell... Problem is, you and a lot of other like you, that complain here on the boards, simply do not have the patience to wait...

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
148
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
Did you know that Bone Drake, next to Leviathan, is the most powerful spell in the game*? Just thought you'd like to know.

*** According to sources who shall remain unnamed.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
258
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
What is triage just want to know.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
550
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
School favoritism has been around but it shifts schools so its never really that much of a problem if you ask me. Ice is in a pretty bad state right now and its a little unfair for us but it doesnt mean ice is helpless so just gotta tough it out. Death In my opinion is in a great state right now they have just added sun schools to give back life spells that is amazing lol, not only will it make the attack better it will make the heal better and because those type of heals are uneffected by infections or doom and glooms its just awesome, plus their new spells are top of the line.. Only problem i see with death is what Darth said.

Storm right now is in a great position because of waterworks gear because they now have universal resistance and they have really nice new spells. And they can critical a lot. But thats never really a discourage for me storm has always been decentely overpowered but it doesnt make them good players because often they will make mistakes, I would to if my whole school was about blasting and just praying it kills lol.

Life is in a great state yes. They now have a very powerful attack all spell. But the only thing that is OP about them is triage which imo is the best spell in the game lol. Only because it can stop an ice and death in its tracks, and works very good on a fire to.

These are my thoughts on it.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
32
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
ok you obvyously dont know about whats behind the new spells. Celestia was basically the im sorry world for ice and life givving them both awsome spells and giving them both better gear (ex: ice's major resist). now for the celestian spell for death it is very powerful. a combined damage of 1000. now if you stack that with a few blades it can easily kill.
now for wintertusk. i do not agree with you. ive heard from all schools that they think the new spells are useless and do not even put them in their decks. so no need to worry about triage.
things that (personally) are unfair right now. ice has been down graded. KI may have given ice a SLIGHTLY better boost but they took away 4% of their resist which can mean everything in battle. balances spells are useless, being an overpipped dispell (although the heal spell is good). life got useless spells too, brilliant light (usually only one life in a team).
so stop thinking about yourself and think about every school. more people will listen to you if you talk about their problems too.

Defender
Apr 01, 2011
154
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
Here's my answer to your complaints one by one.
furyeragon70789 wrote:

-Death spells since Celestia was released were the least favorable, instead of getting an "To all enemies" Spell Necromancers got a single enemy spell, and Ice got the "To all enemies" Spell. In my opinion Death school should have gotten an "To all enemies" Spell since Ice already has many "To all enemies" Spell leaving Death School with the worst realease.

Try using harvest lord or scare crow whatever its called.

furyeragon70789 wrote:

-When Wintertusk was released Storm School, already being easily able to kill in 1 hit, they get the spell "Supercharge".

Supercharge is another wildcard for storm in PvP. We barely can survive to do a half pipped tempest, let alone supercharge it because of our weak health - speaking midlevel team PvP here. Most supercharge wont be much higher than 70% which you can shield against with a storm shield. You do carry some do you?
furyeragon70789 wrote:

-Also when Wintertusk was released new pets were released as well. Once again Necromancers getting the worst release with a Pet Scarecrow that gives a Scarecrow card a about 150 points stronger than the original. Meanwhile, Life gets a Pet Forest Lord with a card that is stronger than normal "Forest Lord" spell but also gives 30% Life Traps to all enemies? Unfair, in my opinion.

the same scarecrow card that is not a 'To All Enemies' spell? -.- buffed?
furyeragon70789 wrote:

-With the release of Wintertusk new spells to all schools were released. Life School got a spell that takes away the only successful attack to Death School, the spell "Triage". Since Necromancers got "Skeletal Dragon" that has been the only successful attack there has been for Death, but the release of the spell "Triage" ruins that, now making Death Schools one of the weakest Schools now.

read it only takes care of one of the dot hits not all three hits. for zero pip dont think it cleans the dot fully

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
550
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
Blazeb2 wrote:
ok you obvyously dont know about whats behind the new spells. Celestia was basically the im sorry world for ice and life givving them both awsome spells and giving them both better gear (ex: ice's major resist). now for the celestian spell for death it is very powerful. a combined damage of 1000. now if you stack that with a few blades it can easily kill.
now for wintertusk. i do not agree with you. ive heard from all schools that they think the new spells are useless and do not even put them in their decks. so no need to worry about triage.
things that (personally) are unfair right now. ice has been down graded. KI may have given ice a SLIGHTLY better boost but they took away 4% of their resist which can mean everything in battle. balances spells are useless, being an overpipped dispell (although the heal spell is good). life got useless spells too, brilliant light (usually only one life in a team).
so stop thinking about yourself and think about every school. more people will listen to you if you talk about their problems too.


Lol are you kidding, Ok let me tell you something I play all schools lol. I just mainly focus on my myth, balance, life, and my main which is my ice. And the thing is i find Ice is the only one with problems. Are you kidding me the life spells are amazing lol, brilliant light+ guiding light+ guiding light treasure, plus i can sanctuary, i can heal 10k without even trying now lol. Balance dispel is a little to costly for pips but availing hands is awesome lol. Speaking of life triage was like the best spell ever released no pips no worries do you know what its like for a death to have every blade possible for his skeleton dragon hit it and then i just triage and its gone its the best feeling in the world, plus they freak out more than anything xD. Myth is in an iffy state, its probably because I 1v1 only my myth and i dont seem to know much about 4v4 with myth but the few times i do 4v4 i usually act as an earthquake, or i like to actually be the one that picks off certain targets like while everyone is using tempest, stormlord, and dragon, I'll be saving up for an orthrus or medusa and hit the life on their team. Death is great right now, and i have to say its mainly because of now gargantuans work on the give back health spells, which is already on top of good damage and a good critical chance plus bone dragon is highest hitting attack damage wise. Fire i think is really nice i been meaning to work on getting stuff and building up a fire because its just a great school, more resist decent attacks really nice critical chance, i love garg+ meteor+ vengeance.

You are right KI has tried to make like apologies to ice but they are doing it without asking what we want lol. I doubt any ice in this entire game said KI can you give us an attack that taunts? Legion shield was something ice students wanted and i liked that. But frozen armor is just not efficient, as people have shown in other posts its glitched because it doesnt use your resistance or other shields you already have on, and it isn't that great in the first place. And all of ice's spells now a days seemed to be aimed at helping others out.... Why help others if we can't help ourselves i hate what ice has been reduced to, it really is a shame on any MMO i have only ever used one character but because all of these ice nerfs i'm forced to make new characters on wizard i love the other schools but ice is my original...

Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
40
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
All spells have a special meaning to them.
Different then all the rest.
Skeletal dragon for one is one of the most powerful spell there is in 1v1.
KI realeses worlds with carefully thought planning. My guess is try to make the world as perfect as possible and try not to make too many updates.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
565
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
bome1 wrote:
Did you know that Bone Drake, next to Leviathan, is the most powerful spell in the game*? Just thought you'd like to know.

*** According to sources who shall remain unnamed.


I thought efreet was the second most powerful.

Armiger
Mar 18, 2009
2224
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
Rihanna12 wrote:
bome1 wrote:
Did you know that Bone Drake, next to Leviathan, is the most powerful spell in the game*? Just thought you'd like to know.

*** According to sources who shall remain unnamed.


I thought efreet was the second most powerful.


...and against a life wizard, so is Doom and Gloom. The most powerful spell is always going to be subjective and opinionated.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
36
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
the only thing i dont like is when i use gargantuan on my wraith or crow or whatever convert spell, it only increases attack damage by like 167, not the full 250, i know because the rest is healing but it specifically says on gargantuan to increase the DAMAGE and it only increases part the damage it says and rest goes to the healing that it converts on.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
270
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
School Favoritism will be Ice and Life!

Storm cannot do any damage once you have a lot of storm shields on! Don't you people get that?

Ice on the other hand can do way more damage with snow angel.

Oh look at storm health low in 2000! Anyone can defeat storm easily.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
152
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
A complaint about death being underpowered? This is certainly new. Let's see....

Sure, Life has Triage, but this was really just KI saying sorry to the school of Life for increasing the power of doom and gloom, and possibly even making death's global spell one that cuts heals in the first place! Besides, it only removes one DoT effect, meaning our friend the Skeletal Dragon still gets his main hit in, as well as two others! Triage also cuts poison, but, really, it's just a spell for breaking shields! So it still gets it's the main hit as well as two others in the first place.

Skeletal Dragon is the second most powerful spell damage-wise, and when you account for blades, stat boosts and maybe a feint or two, it is the most powerful spell damage-wise! This is awesome in PvP, especially 1v1.

Supercharge? Supercharge? Really? Storm was given low health for a reason. While a Storm wizard spends turns charging up for Supercharge, the opponent can be stacking traps and blades to power up their spell. And should it fizzle, just use a Storm Shield!

With your complaint about Scarecrow, you forget what Necromancers are famous for in the first place! Health drain spells, something no other school has. Even a 150 damage boost to Scarecrow accounts for 600 more damage spread out over all the enemies, and that's even more healing for you. And, if I remember correctly, Life only has one damage all enemies spell, which is
Forest Lord. And it only gives Life traps, and there's usually only one healer on a team, so the Life wiz needs to use the spell again to take advantage of them. And isn't the forest lord like 25% less accurate then usual?

For your last complaint, Necromancy is the one of the toughest schools to PvP with, especially if a Necromancer wasn't your first wizard. Blasting away at everything doesn't work so well with a Necromancer, unlike a Storm wiz. Spamming DoT doesn't work for a Necromancer, unlike a Fire Wiz.
Epic survival skills are somewhat necessary for a Necromancer, but relying on them alone doesn't work so well, unlike with an Ice wizard. Get the idea?


Delver
Oct 08, 2010
261
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
bome1 wrote:
Did you know that Bone Drake, next to Leviathan, is the most powerful spell in the game*? Just thought you'd like to know.

*** According to sources who shall remain unnamed.


bone drake?

Geographer
Jun 04, 2010
972
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
Garrett15141 wrote:
bome1 wrote:
Did you know that Bone Drake, next to Leviathan, is the most powerful spell in the game*? Just thought you'd like to know.

*** According to sources who shall remain unnamed.


bone drake?


He means Skeletal Dragon.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
991
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
Pardon? I had a skeletal dragon treasure card on my death wizard and at level 48 I was able to get it to do 600 first hit and 1000 each round. I can't wait to get the real thing at level 58 since then my CL powers will be more active.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
6
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
Everyone i agree that skeletal dragon should have been all enemies and i would have no problem with triage. But i have a life character level 22 (my main is a death level 60) and i am regretting being a life person i mean no all enemies until level 58 no thank you! So in all triage should at least cost 2 or 3 pips.

Robert Dark Sword level 60death , Robert Drake level 15 storm, and Robert HawkWeaver level 22 life

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
187
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
No school is stronger than the other. Certain schools could be schools more people like, but at the end, the balance of schools stay the same. Each school is good in its own unique way.

Myth, decent hits, good with minions, and has earthquake to kill blades and shields.
Death, pretty good hits, high health, and can survive a long time with hit and heal spells like vampire.
Life, second highest health, has a good lvl 58 pet and is a long survivor because of healing spells
Storm, Insanely good hits.
Ice, has the highest health and has good resistance with lvl 60 and 58 gear.
Fire, Decent health, hits almost as high as storm and is known for there DOT spells.
Balance, Pretty high health, can attack with hits of the elemental schools and is good at boosting hits.

I apologize if I missed any other pro's of each school. Every school is special way no matter what. The school of ice, life and storm might have more wizards in their class, but a class of magic is just a class of magic. No school is weaker than any other school and none is stronger either. Everyone has a favorite like mine is myth, but a class is just a class.

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 Conjurer
PvP Warlord

Survivor
May 15, 2009
12
Re: School Favoritism... >:(
I agree, I am Ice Level 60 and sometimes when I'm in 4v4 with other legendaries, they leave me to the other team. That's just rude.