Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

RUDE Players in PVP

1
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
79
Just the other day, I was playing on my favorite Balance Wiz when I decided I would get my rank up. I was a Sergeant, and determined to become a Knight so I joined a Ranked 1v1 as they are quick (Not always, though).
Shortly afterward, I got the "Go to Arena" screen and accepted. My opponent was there but neither of us said nothing, as that is the smart thing to do in ranked. He started putting a lot of elemental traps on me so I shielded- which was the smart thing to do in that situation.

But then he said something like this,"Haha! You're weak you can't win without shielding!" I took offense to this, as I was NOT weak and simply being strategic. I replied,"Shielding is not weak it's strategic lying to me won't make you win :)"

I believe he said something else but then he whispered to me,"If you don't flee I will hack your account" This did not scare me in the least bit, as I am not stupid and know the only way he can hack my account is if I give out my password, which I haven't.

I replied,"You can't even do that, you don't know my password. I will report you and KI will ban you, not me." He replied by mocking me, but even after all his threats I still killed him. :) I was quite satisfied.

And yes, after the battle I did report him.

He hasn't said a thing to me since.

KI could you possibly make a way you can leave the area of these rude players entirely without losing Arena Points?
Thank you for your time and consideration
Molly
Sorcerer

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
187
WaterGirl101 wrote:
Just the other day, I was playing on my favorite Balance Wiz when I decided I would get my rank up. I was a Sergeant, and determined to become a Knight so I joined a Ranked 1v1 as they are quick (Not always, though).
Shortly afterward, I got the "Go to Arena" screen and accepted. My opponent was there but neither of us said nothing, as that is the smart thing to do in ranked. He started putting a lot of elemental traps on me so I shielded- which was the smart thing to do in that situation.

But then he said something like this,"Haha! You're weak you can't win without shielding!" I took offense to this, as I was NOT weak and simply being strategic. I replied,"Shielding is not weak it's strategic lying to me won't make you win :)"

I believe he said something else but then he whispered to me,"If you don't flee I will hack your account" This did not scare me in the least bit, as I am not stupid and know the only way he can hack my account is if I give out my password, which I haven't.

I replied,"You can't even do that, you don't know my password. I will report you and KI will ban you, not me." He replied by mocking me, but even after all his threats I still killed him. :) I was quite satisfied.

And yes, after the battle I did report him.

He hasn't said a thing to me since.

KI could you possibly make a way you can leave the area of these rude players entirely without losing Arena Points?
Thank you for your time and consideration
Molly
Sorcerer

I have battled one person like that. He started using blades on him self and I just used Earthquake. Then he started placing more blades on him self and I earthquaked him again. After that he said quit using earthquake or I will report you. After I won that battle. He started to call me names. Then i reported him and put him on my ignore list. So from now on, I block my enemy pvp chat. So I think you should do that. And I only port fast so they cant call me names or anything like that.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
251
i had a few encounters today. I pvp some guy and I won and I told him gg and he was like "no it wasnt i would of won" and we argued and argued. Then later on. I fought this life person and It lasted for like half an hour and I used reshuffle and my mander minion, we both were low on health and it ended by me using a low powered judgement and my mander minion used locust swarm. I told her she did really good and it was a very tough battle. Then she said i got LUCKY because I drew mander minion and I used reshuffle and that her sword spell wasnt available yet since i had about 61 health in the end. I told her I used strategy throughout the whole game and later on, i told her to just accept her losses and stop making up excuses.
so those are some examples of people being RUDE and what you can do is ignore them.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
398
unfortunately, rudeness is an inherent danger of wizard101.

for example, winning with powerful cards (triton, judge, bolt, rank 7 attacks, etc) will often result in your being called a noob. well a noob is someone who is unexperienced, how can a noob get to high enough level to get those cards? i beat someone with a judgement, i say gg, they call me a noob and port out.

people often threaten to report you for random things, even outside the arena.
person a: donate cards here
me: no
person a: then get lost
me: if you need the cards, why not buy them?
person a: i have no cash
me: well then why not battle bosses and sell the drop items, that will get you a lot of cash
person b: keep being like that to my bro and i'll report you

what?? using good cards, giving advice; people just can't stand someone being smarter than them.

a lot of people make assumptions based on school.
for example:
ICE IS FOR NOOBS CUZ ITS WEAK! (false)
BALANCE PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO WORK FOR POWER! (false)
STORM IS OVERPOWERED! (false)
etc etc ETC.

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
187
Firefrog16 wrote:
i had a few encounters today. I pvp some guy and I won and I told him gg and he was like "no it wasnt i would of won" and we argued and argued. Then later on. I fought this life person and It lasted for like half an hour and I used reshuffle and my mander minion, we both were low on health and it ended by me using a low powered judgement and my mander minion used locust swarm. I told her she did really good and it was a very tough battle. Then she said i got LUCKY because I drew mander minion and I used reshuffle and that her sword spell wasnt available yet since i had about 61 health in the end. I told her I used strategy throughout the whole game and later on, i told her to just accept her losses and stop making up excuses.
so those are some examples of people being RUDE and what you can do is ignore them.

I think people like that do not think of a strategy before they start battling and are trying to change the subject making them scared too admit defeat. I put block pvp enemy chat say gg and port back to lobby instantly.

Delver
Aug 14, 2009
251
lol earlier today, I was doing an arena party with friends and their friends, we were doing 4v4 and I used judgement on my friend who is lvl 14. my teammate gets mad and called me the queen of all words. then he went on and was cussing and I kept telling him "its a game, get a grip" then he says that I dont know how to play. What the heck, just because I used judgement on a lower lvl player doesnt mean I dont know how to play.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
4
I get called a n00b and a charter so many times in pvp it's not even funny. And how shielding and healing is agesnt the rules. And how they keep trying to get at me by calling me names and threating to report me for healing or sheilding.

I just find this amousing most of the time and keep my mouth shut and just let them go on and on and on and complain about me not talking back. XD

Then, at the very end of the game, I would just say good match and be on my own little merry way.

None the less, you will find rude people where ever you go. Not just in this game, but everywhere. Real life and on the internet. Just ignore them and find their own little childish ways amousing in your own little way.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
WaterGirl101 wrote:
Just the other day, I was playing on my favorite Balance Wiz when I decided I would get my rank up. I was a Sergeant, and determined to become a Knight so I joined a Ranked 1v1 as they are quick (Not always, though).
Shortly afterward, I got the "Go to Arena" screen and accepted. My opponent was there but neither of us said nothing, as that is the smart thing to do in ranked. He started putting a lot of elemental traps on me so I shielded- which was the smart thing to do in that situation.

But then he said something like this,"Haha! You're weak you can't win without shielding!" I took offense to this, as I was NOT weak and simply being strategic. I replied,"Shielding is not weak it's strategic lying to me won't make you win :)"

I believe he said something else but then he whispered to me,"If you don't flee I will hack your account" This did not scare me in the least bit, as I am not stupid and know the only way he can hack my account is if I give out my password, which I haven't.

I replied,"You can't even do that, you don't know my password. I will report you and KI will ban you, not me." He replied by mocking me, but even after all his threats I still killed him. :) I was quite satisfied.

And yes, after the battle I did report him.

He hasn't said a thing to me since.

KI could you possibly make a way you can leave the area of these rude players entirely without losing Arena Points?
Thank you for your time and consideration
Molly
Sorcerer
If you are having threats to have your account hacked you ought to not put your wizards name what if that guy remembered you and read this he would know your username and if someone really works at it they can crack your password and get into your account thats why i don't post my wizard's name anymore.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
23
I've been there. It's not nice when someone calls you names when you are shielding or winning. Just block pvp chat so they can't be mean to you.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
warriorcats1234567... wrote:
I've been there. It's not nice when someone calls you names when you are shielding or winning. Just block pvp chat so they can't be mean to you.


I just ignore it. Plus, if they say dont shield or i'll report you i instantly put a shield up. This ticks them off so there less concentrated.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
warriorcats1234567... wrote:
I've been there. It's not nice when someone calls you names when you are shielding or winning. Just block pvp chat so they can't be mean to you.


Btw i forgot to mention that healing is part of life's strategy and that its really annoying when somebody calls you a noob for using strategy. Btw good username. love the books

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
9
wow I hope he got banned for that...
One time I was doing a 2v2 with my best friend. He was on his fire and me on my life (we were level 30 back then) we got this team of another life and fire, which was not a fair match up because one of them was grand and the other was lvl 40 something, and the first thing they said was "YAY NOOBS WE WIN!" as you could imagine, this annoyed us both. throughout the whole duel, they kept saying "wow they keep shielding, what scaredy cats!" and "you guys would be dead by now if you weren't healing!" i'm LIFE, of course i'm going to heal. this was back when people still used treasure bolts, EVERY time the fire tried one he would say "ZAP ZAP DIE NOOB" which I thought was pretty funny, cause it fizzled every time... we ended up winning, ported out fast, and ignored them.

Defender
May 30, 2009
108
There are tons of rude players who are just complete sore losers. I've been called names A LOT on there, but the ones I see most are "Judgment NOOB" (when I'm on my balance), "Triton NOOB" (when I'm on my storm), and "Wraith NOOB" (when I'm on my death). Even though I usually one-hit kill them, I still get called a noob :/ It's like they're upset that I used my school's spells, I mean, what did they expect to get from a balance wizard with full pips, traps set, and blades set? A Helephant? Pshhh....

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
588
OK guys i know it isnt nice to call people noobs but some people do it to get some anger off. I gotta be honest i've called people noobs after i lost in pvp. I didnt know how much it hurts feelings until i got called a noob. This is what i did bout it NOTHING! I no that people dont really mean it because your the one that wins. Sry to all people i ever called noobs. I never meant it so i'm sry. If you win you cant be a noob. I cant believe i ever called people noobs in pvp. Also sometimes i did it to get peoples stats.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2010
6
Explorer
Jul 15, 2009
70
Yes I agree with all of you guys sadly people get really angry when they lose (or think that they are going to lose). When I was playing against someone in pvp, I began to use my smoke screen and my stun, and he said are you stupid or something. Before this battle, I was against another person and guess what they called me a noob because I was using tower shield, and fire elf treasure cards to get the fire shields off. I don't pvp anymore, its not fun to me anymore. I don't understand why people just try to threaten you just because they lose and its ridiculous because I lose and I say gg anyways. It just shows me that they are immature sore losers, to hurt people's feelings just because they don't win, or when you use a powerful card.

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
275
I agree to a lot of your comments. I have never fought a mean person because i do not have Text Chat. But it might happen when i do. People these days can be very rude. I was fighting once in Triton with one of my low level new wizards. And this guy joins in im not annoyed. But then i put a trap on an enemy and i said cleary to him Dont Attack My Target. But he has to be rude and he attacks my target and sets off my trap! He then says HAHAHA in the emotion and then after the battle i scolded him and said That Wasn't Nice. But then he just said HAHAHAH and left. That is just plain rude. And i agree. If you win people just get jealous. But not always. I met a really nice guy, lower level then me but he was funny. After the PvP we just stayed for a while in the arena and i did Swoon from emote and he laughed. It was funny. I saluted he laughs. I bowed he laughed. I danced he laughed. It was fun. And for all you people out their that are being rude to winners in PvP. Please lay off, because it's called STRATEGY not CHEATING or HEY! IM A LOWER LEVEL! DON'T USE THAT SPELL! It's only fair because they earned that spell. Liked when i was fighting in a Pvp duel in the new Massive Fantasy Palace castle. I ported to my friend, i joined the battle afterwards and i was dueling this Legendary Sorcer. He cast Ra and i was just like Wow! I always wanted to see that in the game! (i only saw it on vids) Cause he earned that spell. I wasn't jealous. I know that eventually i will also earn it. So basically just Ignore or Report and rude person. Once the duel ends just port away into the lobby, and forget whoever you were dueling. :) :) :) :)

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
275
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
OK guys i know it isnt nice to call people noobs but some people do it to get some anger off. I gotta be honest i've called people noobs after i lost in pvp. I didnt know how much it hurts feelings until i got called a noob. This is what i did bout it NOTHING! I no that people dont really mean it because your the one that wins. Sry to all people i ever called noobs. I never meant it so i'm sry. If you win you cant be a noob. I cant believe i ever called people noobs in pvp. Also sometimes i did it to get peoples stats.


I know your not trying to be mean. But i don't know how this "noob" thing started. It's just another way of making fun of unexpreinced wizards. And its unfair and rude. You were once a low level. I am not blaming it on you in talking to all those sore losers who were jealous because they were deafeated. One time i was dueling this Legendary and he cast a Ra. All i thought was WOW! I always wanted to see Ra in action. I wasn't jealous. Because i KNOW he earned it for all his hard work throughout the Spiral. And i know i will too once my time comes. I appreciate you for ACUTALLY apoligizing. :) :) :)

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
64
All I do is not talk at all regardless of what they say to me. It is good strategy to remain silent anyways. Most of the times they say something to you to get you to talk so they can see your stats.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
I've been seeing mean people in the arena too!

Once I saw this guy who was cussing so I reported him. Then he said to me, "Ice sucks no offense," or something like that. And they were putting so much traps on me I put an ice armor on myself then he casted vampire and said, "You need to study shields". Some of these people make me just so angry!


Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
26
most of the players that call me noob and shielder and healer are scared that i am going to defeat them so they make you angy to make you thing they can beat you my idea is not to react what is the point anyway?

Survivor
Sep 15, 2009
1
oh my gosh I know! Everytime i PvP i have to quit after like 2 people. They are so rude. I want to list all the things that are false what PvP opponents say when they lose.

Life only wins becuase they heal. False. They win because maybe they have good stadagy unlike the opponent.
Balance only win because of judgement. False. Who says you cant use judgement. Its the balance wizards best card!
Ice is weak. False. Hey about a hundred ice people kill me. Thier health is too much for me to handle. Plus they know how to make cards powerful.
I'll report you if you use another shield or attack. FALSE BIG TIME. you can use shields and attack. whats the point of PvP if you just pass? And if they do report you . False Report. Just False Report.
Storm only wins because of power. False. Just like life. Maybe because they have good strdagey.
Thats all i hear in PvP. Well i think there should be like a moderator in evry PvP battle to see what people say or something. Just a thought. Well if people bothering you just turn off enemy chat.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
Why do people in the arena have to be so mean sometimes?

Once, this guy was cussing at me, so I reported him, and he said "I just got reported o:". And I used an ice armor cause those guys said they were gonna hit me with something, and he said, "You need to study shields". He said to me, "Ice fails no offense". And kept yelling at me some more. He told his other person to kill me (that didn't bug me as much :D). And I ignored him after that battle.

I don't think KI can just make them stop , I'm afraid :(.

Caroline Sunbright Level 54 Life
Brittany Rainriver Level 44 Storm
Emily Spiritriver Level 38 Death
Nicole Jadesword Level 24 Balance
Laura Iceheart Level 23 Ice

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
5
Firefrog16 wrote:
lol earlier today, I was doing an arena party with friends and their friends, we were doing 4v4 and I used judgement on my friend who is lvl 14. my teammate gets mad and called me the queen of all words. then he went on and was cussing and I kept telling him "its a game, get a grip" then he says that I dont know how to play. What the heck, just because I used judgement on a lower lvl player doesnt mean I dont know how to play.


i know right???i mean because you knocked out your friend but your teammate is also his friend doesn't mean he has to get ticked off because you defeated him battles are for fun not calling others names

Survivor
Aug 17, 2009
2
I, myself, haven't yet experienced anything like this. There are these rumors, not sure if they are true, that there are these players who hack accounts. My brother plays wizard (he is a legendary death). Our legendary life friend told us about it. She received this information from her friend Ryan who is a grandmaster storm. The following information may not be true and she told us some names to keep aware of. And again, this may not be true so if it involves your wizard101 name, i'm sorry- Each year this PVP group of 100 or more goes to the Ambrose arena for 1 day. They all PVP, the winners do not harm unlike the wizards who lost the PVP duel. Noob to legendary, the losers will hack into the victors account 'freezing' it, so that the rightful owner is unable to log in. Some names to keep aware of are- Dylan Firespear, Gabrielle Greengrave, Lucas Darktheif, Steven Mythtower and Wolf Dragonrider.

1