Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reporting people for, "Bolting"

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
I went on Wizard101 Central.com on the forums there there's a poll that asks, "Which one of these should be a reporatble offense?". Once of the choices was, "Bolting". What does that mean?

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
254
Rihanna12 wrote:
I went on Wizard101 Central.com on the forums there there's a poll that asks, "Which one of these should be a reporatble offense?". Once of the choices was, "Bolting". What does that mean?

Caroline Sunbright
Grandmaster theurgist


There's players who want the spell 'bolt' disallowed in PVP, because they don't find a way to get around players that use it. They think it's 'unfair' and 'cheating' for players to use that school spell. They want it removed so they can beat those players more easily.

And since KI won't remove that option from PVP, they figure then it should be a reportable offense. So they can report and have players suspended if they do use it in PVP. Which is still a way of them trying to get it disallowed in PVP, as KI only has things reportable that's against rules within the game itself to begin with.

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
Bolting is using wild bolt consistantly.(if your from the storm school or not)

Defender
Jul 01, 2008
143
"Bolting," in general means using the spell Wild Bolt.

Storm characters learn this spell once they unlock MooShu. It has a 10% accuracy, but deals 1,000 damage.

You can't really report someone for using Wild Bolt, since it was a spell KingIsle approved and distributed to the game.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
161
THAT SICKENS ME! people are now actually tring to report people for wild bolting?next you will tell me that they report people using the spell judgment!you arent going to have the rank warlord handed to you on a silver platter!you have to get used to variety of types and have good strategys to be worthy of a title such as warlord!! *sigh*...i just people would see logic...



8)


Jared Stormblade 50 diviner

"If we all see common sense, I wont chunk peanut butter-jellies at anbody"

Squire
Jul 08, 2009
592
Popman98 wrote:
THAT SICKENS ME! people are now actually tring to report people for wild bolting?next you will tell me that they report people using the spell judgment!you arent going to have the rank warlord handed to you on a silver platter!you have to get used to variety of types and have good strategys to be worthy of a title such as warlord!! *sigh*...i just people would see logic...



8)


Jared Stormblade 50 diviner

"If we all see common sense, I wont chunk peanut butter-jellies at anbody"
By all means i agree with Pop.(except the saying about peanut-butter and jelly :?)

Survivor
Jan 02, 2009
24
Yeah, i agree with you Popman98. JUST SEE LOGICALLY PEOPLE!!!!! It only a strategy used by various players. GEEZ! So what if you die, does it really matter!? Wizard101 IS ONLY A GAME ALREADY! IF YOU DON'T LIKE WILD BOLT IN PVP, THEN DON'T DO PVP!

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
25
they are now reporting for using a spell? That is just unfair to the storm school and to us. So what if you die? Oh well, it's not the end of the world. They also call them "noobs" for using that in pvp, now they ban it! KI let the spell into the game, they shouldn't just let people be reported for using it! That's like...um........i don't know.... it's kind of like being a traitor to the spell. I bet if you were the one using it, you would see things differently. This is outrageous, and KI better not let some complainers ruin pvp for the storm school.

-Donna Shadowriver, Magus therugist.
*secondary storm school*
Also, I am highly annoyed mostly because I am also a diviner. Darn them.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
1
There a problem with the game for people are cheating when they can hit with 5 wild bolts in a row. Even with all the possible additions a wild bolt can only hit 50%. Anyone who hits multiple times in a row, with no additions (ie more than 2), you have to wonder? Cheat? or poor game mechanics?

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
160
It's very childish to report for using Wild Bolt. I bet that if someone got bolted and still won they wouldnt care. It all comes down to being a poor loser. Just put away your pride, learn from the battle, and move on with your life. It doesnt take a geneus to figure out to use a shield so why do people comeplain instead of using one?

Destiny Dragoncoin lvl 42 balance. Secondary is ice.

Bolt me all you want. I dont care. Its just a game.
In fact, if you ever pvp me please use this strategy:
If you have Bolts use them,
Use cards to make my healing cards very low,
Use your best cards,
and squish me.

I'll even give more details so you'll know its me.
Name: Destiny Dragoncoin.
Outfit: Right now it will ether be a yellow Mooshu outfit with blue trim or a blue outfit with a hat that puts a mask over the eyes with a light green trim.
Pet: An orange and yellow Tricky Dragon named Lady Cookie.
Badge I have equiped for now: Peacemaker.
I will not call you a "noob". It's rude, and we were all new at one point.
I will not curse at you for any reason. It is VERY rude there is really no point in saying bad words when good ones will make more sense.

I will also point out I was fighting in the arena and the only reason I won was because my Wild Bolt worked before I got squished. I dont think I have any more though...

One more thing I will point out is that with quite a few of these posts about unfair cards, the people are upset because they lost. Once again I say put away your pride, learn from the battle, and move on with your life.


Though the other has been defeated, The one who is prideful is truly the one who lost.

A poor loser makes for a poor life. Get used to defeat and enjoy the success you have already gained.

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
131
I should probably explain the term "Bolting."

To bolt someone is to stack up sevral traps and blades, then use Wild Bolt. The effect is almost immediate defeat. The Bolt does enough damage that even an Ice Wizard cannot survive.

Well, people want bolting to stop in the arena because it's unfair that you don't even get to move once. Like I said, it's unsurviveable if you do it right. People, don't report for bolting! I know it ticks you off, and I've been bolted plenty of times, but please don't report! It's PvP after all, and it's another form of battle where one person can be defeated. Pvp is easier than regular battling, because while someone stacks for Blades and Shields, you can hit them before they attack you. In regular battle, the enimie is constantly moving and it's hard to "Bolt" them. You have to balance it out just right too, I'd say.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
126
FlipFredFredBurger wrote:
Bolting is using wild bolt consistantly.(if your from the storm school or not)



1. Can't use wildbolt if your not a storm.

2. Got killed in one shot by a storm.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
Popman98 wrote:
THAT SICKENS ME! people are now actually tring to report people for wild bolting?next you will tell me that they report people using the spell judgment!you arent going to have the rank warlord handed to you on a silver platter!you have to get used to variety of types and have good strategys to be worthy of a title such as warlord!! *sigh*...i just people would see logic...



8)


Jared Stormblade 50 diviner

"If we all see common sense, I wont chunk peanut butter-jellies at anbody"



It's like reporting somebody for casting a flare. Who reports people for casting spells anyway?

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
71
Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
40
Ok first of all why don't KI just make it like level 35+ thing on the bolt. Too many times I have seen novices bolt me when they ask me to go easy on them. Its not worth reporting though. I just get mad when someone who isnt from the storm school chain bolts.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
20
Popman98 wrote:
THAT SICKENS ME! people are now actually tring to report people for wild bolting?next you will tell me that they report people using the spell judgment!you arent going to have the rank warlord handed to you on a silver platter!you have to get used to variety of types and have good strategys to be worthy of a title such as warlord!! *sigh*...i just people would see logic...



8)


Jared Stormblade 50 diviner

"If we all see common sense, I wont chunk peanut butter-jellies at anbody"




XD nice. I agree! i'm life but, my friend is a diviner
He's my best friend and he had a few of his FRIENDS get banned because they reported him in pvp for wild bolting! I agree, since he's also a warlord, and that's not all how he got warlord
of course not. it's not a type of thing you get REPORTED for, it's a card, a common card, PLUS it's only 10% even though he ( Blaze ) has war lord clothes and has GREAT accuracy, he sometimes fizzles.

MadelineLionRider lvl 50 Life :)

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
9rjb wrote:
Ok first of all why don't KI just make it like level 35+ thing on the bolt. Too many times I have seen novices bolt me when they ask me to go easy on them. Its not worth reporting though. I just get mad when someone who isnt from the storm school chain bolts.


I'm not saying bolting should be a reportable offense. I was just asking what bolting was.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
1
I will be honest, wild bolt is an extremely powerful spell. The thing people tend to forget is that wild bolt comes with a lot of risks. With only a 10% chance of working. If you think about it Wild bolt only works about once ever 10 times USUALLY! (i did not say always!). Some people might thiink I am just tryin to save myself since i am a diviner. But there is a skill to useing wild bolt. People dont realize they get mad when it works and it kills them. BUT they dont think i and i know this happens because it happens to me a lot everrytime wild bolt DOESN'T work the diviner is mad. Wild boltng is a technique given to diviners. Whether they learn to use it proporly is there own choice. So if the diviners learns they technique for success they will likely succseed. UNLESS the opposing wizard know the technique to avoiding being "bolted". Diviners have to learn to be patient and not give up and keep trying. The opponent has to think and see what the diviners is setting up to do. If yo can tell they are going to wild bolt you at some point. all yu have to do is prepare for it. If your life put up some absorb shields. If you ice put up some tower shields. if you balance put up elemtal shields and damage reduction shields one diviner. If you death put -45% accuracy on the diviner. These tactics will prevent a diviner from useing wild bolt. and force them into using something else. or prolonging the battle. giving you the chance to strike. You just have to learn that deafeat will come... i gaurentee that anyone has NEVER died in mooshu, dragonspyre or even marleybone! And i can garentee that anyone has EVER not gotten made about dieing. its called coping. The best way to avoid getting mad about losing in PvP is say good luck and good game at the start and end of every battle you do. Regardless of the other persons attitude. Try not to be selfish try to be happy that the diviner did something that can be very difficult for them to do. Its just a skill we have to learn and deal with. And yes to everyone that thinks i'm a hypocrit I HAVE BEEN WILD BOLTED! and yes i dont care if i lose.


~Science can only take us so far, some of the simpliest things to do are never learned by man. For they can never truley open there mind to all the world around them.~
~Ian Dreamender
Magus Diviner~

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
1
i wouldn't say that wild bolt itself should be removed from pvp, its a storm skill and its what storm do. but ithnk the idea of treasure cards being removed from pvp should be looked into because pvp isn't fair with them. somebody with a full side deck of wild bolts for example. they can just keep drawing and drawing them, they will have a guarantee of hitting a few times and aso in a ranked match with 2 lower levels. it just isnt fair if one of them uses a triton orhelephant and the oter doesnt have treasure cards.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
32
I don't particularly like Wild Bolt from either perspective. My storm character doesn't particularly like it because it rarely works and I feel like I wasted a valuable turn. My other characters hate it because when it works, it hurts A LOT.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the spell, but the spell is designed to be inaccurate. It's a last ditch effort shot to win a fight. The problem I see with the spell is that with full arena gear and a Keen Eyes, the Wild Bolt is as much as 36%. If you have time to put a 10% accuracy on yourself (or a Life person does it for you), then you're getting close to 50%. This is no longer a gamble. This is closer to a sure bet. I know to always have Storm shields in the arena, but I must admit that it takes much of the fun out of it for me. I disagree with shandakor above. If you PvP often, you will eventually see someone get lucky enough to successfully Wild Bolt as many as 5 times in a row. I've fizzled up to 4 times in a row before, so I'm quite certain the opposite is possible unless KI is not telling us everything about how the calculate accuracy.

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
139
you know if they report you report them! i think thats just false reporting!

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
139
also... ive never really like seen a Wild bolt spell but i dont think it should really be banned because its a stinkin spell and you can really get reported for that? it shouldnt be allowed :-)

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
I was just asking was bolting was! I wasn't saying it should be banned.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
8
well look they should be reported people that are balance gets warlord by judgementing which knocks me out and bolting does the same i get those two schools times balance 30% storm 40% and i see that most of them are warlords balance 80% storm 70% so why we dont get killer cards still just think if a fient and a storm trap on you and a elemental blade + storm blade was on him that bolt could take you out easy sence thats whats happens to me my ranking prob at like -10 so ban these card all ready so i can get a good ranking




grandmaster pyromancer
tyler dragoneyes

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
42
Popman98 wrote:
THAT SICKENS ME! people are now actually tring to report people for wild bolting?next you will tell me that they report people using the spell judgment!you arent going to have the rank warlord handed to you on a silver platter!you have to get used to variety of types and have good strategys to be worthy of a title such as warlord!! *sigh*...i just people would see logic...



8)


Jared Stormblade 50 diviner

"If we all see common sense, I wont chunk peanut butter-jellies at anbody"




i agree whats next no more earthquake