Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Really how hard is it to just make all Efreet cards a 45%

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
As it is all they exist as is a coppout to almost instantly win the match especially against other offensive schools that can't tank the easiest combo to get in the game. I'm not even talking about just fire Efreet, I mean even the others Efreet tcs should just be hotfixed to fit the standard Efreet value. I understand that it takes a bit of effort to change all this but I don't think theres anything more unfair than someone having a spell to almost instawin a match for certain matchups just because they have enough empowers to buy it or they can just quickly make a pet and abuse the broken card that comes with it. Its been months since the balance update, and so far literally nothing has changed other than the tc and pet substituting the old card. Even other schools can just put emps down to do the same thing. Please just adjust all the values to 45% or atleast 50%.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I'm a Balance wizard and I learned to work around it--just like I learned to work around Guardian Spirit and Abominable Weaver shields

I enjoy figuring out how to work around signature school moves. It's part of the game.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Professional Wizhe... on Sep 23, 2020 wrote:
As it is all they exist as is a coppout to almost instantly win the match especially against other offensive schools that can't tank the easiest combo to get in the game. I'm not even talking about just fire Efreet, I mean even the others Efreet tcs should just be hotfixed to fit the standard Efreet value. I understand that it takes a bit of effort to change all this but I don't think theres anything more unfair than someone having a spell to almost instawin a match for certain matchups just because they have enough empowers to buy it or they can just quickly make a pet and abuse the broken card that comes with it. Its been months since the balance update, and so far literally nothing has changed other than the tc and pet substituting the old card. Even other schools can just put emps down to do the same thing. Please just adjust all the values to 45% or atleast 50%.
It take a lot of time to do a complete audit of ALL spells including Treasure Cards.

As is stated in the following statement by @Ratbeard, there are 20 variations of Efreet alone. I have also seen variations of many other TC's. So be patient and read the Spell Balance Audit from Ratbeard at the following link.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/dev-diary/spell-balance-audit

Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
Liam Swiftwalker on Sep 24, 2020 wrote:
I'm a Balance wizard and I learned to work around it--just like I learned to work around Guardian Spirit and Abominable Weaver shields

I enjoy figuring out how to work around signature school moves. It's part of the game.
Balance easily can work around any high pip spells that does not mean much. The problem is the combos it can produce and you can simply mana burn. But thats only 1 school, what about the rest.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2019
DragonLady1818 on Sep 25, 2020 wrote:
It take a lot of time to do a complete audit of ALL spells including Treasure Cards.

As is stated in the following statement by @Ratbeard, there are 20 variations of Efreet alone. I have also seen variations of many other TC's. So be patient and read the Spell Balance Audit from Ratbeard at the following link.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/dev-diary/spell-balance-audit
I feel like an audit just to fix the main problematic tcs, which are the 7 90s isnt too hard, especially when its as simple as reducing the weakness to 45 or 50. Plus I keep hearing about them taking the lazy and unhelpful option of just discontinuing them. Which solves nothing since at this point several players have botted and most are looking fine with over 100 Efreet tcs. I'm just scared that they'll be lazy with it and discontinue at this point.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018

...yeah, except even the devs figured out that a -90 weakness on a spell that does 1k base was a bad idea. It got nerfed for a reason and it shouldn't be in the game lmao

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Professional Wizhe... on Sep 25, 2020 wrote:
I feel like an audit just to fix the main problematic tcs, which are the 7 90s isnt too hard, especially when its as simple as reducing the weakness to 45 or 50. Plus I keep hearing about them taking the lazy and unhelpful option of just discontinuing them. Which solves nothing since at this point several players have botted and most are looking fine with over 100 Efreet tcs. I'm just scared that they'll be lazy with it and discontinue at this point.
If you suspect a specific player of using a bot, you should report it. As for how many they have, if they have not used them all by the time the next update comes around, they may find themselves with a lot of nerfed Efreets.

I don't think they will discontinue them.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Professional Wizhe... on Sep 25, 2020 wrote:
Balance easily can work around any high pip spells that does not mean much. The problem is the combos it can produce and you can simply mana burn. But thats only 1 school, what about the rest.
Every school has access to wand hits, Cleanse Charm TC, Empowerment TC, Midnight Sprite?

That's how I worked around them.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2014

I know that you are a Balance wizard but how exactly should every other school do it? Not everyone enjoys getting a -90 put on them constantly when they are trying to hit

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
mindkraft1934 on Nov 30, 2020 wrote:
I know that you are a Balance wizard but how exactly should every other school do it? Not everyone enjoys getting a -90 put on them constantly when they are trying to hit
I think every school other than Balance could get around Efreets the same way I do: wand hits, Cleanse Charm TC, Empowerment TC, Midnight Sprite.