Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question: What's Pierce?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Hi. It's me again :D. I was PvPing with myself, and then there was a transcended. He used that lvl 68 spell on me, a Magus Wizard :(. I thought i was gone for good, but than I survived! I think it was b/c of that thing, Pierce i think it was called? It appeared before the meteor hit down on me, or lava rain drops. I don't know. Than when it hit me for the second round, i survived by as little as 48 health. But alas, last round i was dead. But it kept on Piercing through the round. What does Pierce mean? I looked on my character panel, but it says nothing about Pierce. If you answer, thanks!

~Destiny Deathblood Lvl 38 Magus Necromancer Mooshu~

~Autumn Pixiegem Lvl 22 Adept Theurgist Marleybone~

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
winter9944 wrote:
Hi. It's me again :D. I was PvPing with myself, and then there was a transcended. He used that lvl 68 spell on me, a Magus Wizard :(. I thought i was gone for good, but than I survived! I think it was b/c of that thing, Pierce i think it was called? It appeared before the meteor hit down on me, or lava rain drops. I don't know. Than when it hit me for the second round, i survived by as little as 48 health. But alas, last round i was dead. But it kept on Piercing through the round. What does Pierce mean? I looked on my character panel, but it says nothing about Pierce. If you answer, thanks!

pierce is a new ability much like critical but in lower ammounts
this ability takes off resist based on pierce rate
ex
using a fire spell with 10% pierce on a enemy with 34% fire resist
the pierce ability will cancel out resist based on ammount in this case 10%
so your enemy will only have 24% fire resist while your getting hit
i also heard it can weaken shields like tower and such
time for a little wizard math problem with Destiny iceflame
ok you have a storm spell doing 1000 damage will use b to represent this
now your enemy has a tower shield -50% and 50% resist to storm
your spell has 25% pierce
so the resist from your enemy and his shield will be only 25% each
1000 - 25% = 750
now the resist from your enemy
so its 750.00 - 187.50
so your total is
562.50 or 563 when rounded up

now do ya understand the powers of math and pierce XD
with the simple pierce ability you did more damage then ya would have without it
hope this wasnt to complicated and that ya know what pierce does
for more info regarding pierce check the update notes when zafaria came out it has a section that talks about pierce

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
winter9944 wrote:

pierce actually hurt you. pierce subtracts X amount from your resistance where X is the amount of pierce the user has total.

Person with say 23 pierce attacks someone with 34 resistance only 11 of that resistance comes into affect. it was only luck you had 48 health.