Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvT

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
  PvT  is an acronym for  players vs Talos in low level pvp.

 I want to once again bring up the issue of Talos being a highly abundant and overpowered treasure Card for low level pvp! I also have a few questions about it.

KI...

Why did you think it was a good idea to make a 1000 health minion available  for use against someone in pvp with 500 health points? 

 Talos is the most destructive card ever released for the balance of low level pvp IMO. Why is there 30 or more of them everytime I enter the bazaar?

 What is the point of level restrictions on polymorphs and handpack of doom minions when Talos is left to run around and ruin the integrity of pvp at lower levels? Correct me if I'm wrong but most HoD minions have less health and weaker spells than this mega minion.

 If you wanted this minion available to fight at all levels why would you give it spells like Minotaur which is a kill shot for a lower level player?

 I have been seeing more and more of people loading as many Talos treasure cards as they can in their sidedeck then using the turtle up, shield  and heal technique for cheap wins in low level pvp and It's really starting to make me mad.

 Talos is an overused, overpowered, Pre packaged exploit handed to us by the people at kingsisle and I believe it is upseting the balance of low level pvp. 

 Myth minion cyclops is one of the best in the game, what were they thinking when they introduced Talos as a myth spell with no cap?

 If you have a problem with The Talos treasure card In lower level pvp pls post here. It's these type on unchecked exploits that makes core players want to port out of wiZ and new players want to turn away from pvp.

 KI, pls check the fansites, there is a growing number of people that would like Talos capped or resticted low level pvp.

Justin Ashcloud-initiate balance
Justin Ashcloud-initiate life
Justin Ashcloud-initiate myth
Justin Ashcloud-initiate fire 
Justin Ashcloud-initiate death
Justin Ashcloud-initiate ice
Justin Ashcloud-initiate storm


 

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
407
Though I don't think its a big problem, it should be level 55+. In fact, I think all treasures should be capped at the level you get them.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
63
I also agree Talos is a bit strong for PvP. It's unfair and people take advantage of it with the treasure card. Support.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
337
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2646
I agree with a level restriction on Talos. I do not agree with some other suggestions of completely removing minions from PvP.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
152
Alright, this isn't exactly easy to get or use.

The Talos cards at the Bazaar are expensive, at about 1000 gold apiece. They're at least expensive to a lower level player, who could buy a full set of gear with that money.


Talos is a five-pip spell. A low level player has 500 health and no power pip chance. Okay, maybe something like 2%. This takes 5 turns to get into play, and another 3 or so for it to use Minotaur. A perfect opportunity to hit, hit, hit. If, by some miracle, the opponent hasn't been defeated by then, one more hit and they (and Talos) are done.

What I'm concerned about is Ghoul treasures turning into Deadly Minotaur. That's something to be worried about. Low level PvP has become overrun with spammers like that who have no sense of the phrase "honest victory".
I know KI is getting that fixed soon, but in the meantime, lower level PvP is not safe!

And finally, nice red font. Makes a person think of the word power. Try blue (infulence) next time.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
137
talos is so far the last minion of myth and you get it at lvl 55. Minotaur has only 700 h and you get it at 38, so i think it would be a disappointment if talos was under 1k h

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Alright, this isn't exactly easy to get or use.

The Talos cards at the Bazaar are expensive, at about 1000 gold apiece. They're at least expensive to a lower level player, who could buy a full set of gear with that money.


Talos is a five-pip spell. A low level player has 500 health and no power pip chance. Okay, maybe something like 2%. This takes 5 turns to get into play, and another 3 or so for it to use Minotaur. A perfect opportunity to hit, hit, hit. If, by some miracle, the opponent hasn't been defeated by then, one more hit and they (and Talos) are done.

What I'm concerned about is Ghoul treasures turning into Deadly Minotaur. That's something to be worried about. Low level PvP has become overrun with spammers like that who have no sense of the phrase "honest victory".
I know KI is getting that fixed soon, but in the meantime, lower level PvP is not safe!

And finally, nice red font. Makes a person think of the word power. Try blue (infulence) next time.


Well, let me put in my 2 cents, since I have been saying this all along...

A lot of low level wizards that are good at pvp, have a high level secondary character... Those Legends rake in the gold for them! So, 1000 gold is like nothing! Easy to use a Talos and not even worry about the cost...

Second, Low levels may have low health, between 500 and 1200 depending on gear, most have around 1000k health... Which, if you ever faced a low level being a low level, you would know, it is not that easy to dish out 1000 damage in 3 rounds, the amount of time it takes to cast talos!

Then you have a minion that boosts you, has 1000 health, and does powerful attacks...

Now, I agree with you one the fact that enchanted ghoul cards with the mutate minotaur is a bigger problem, but the talos problem does need to be fixed... A level cap needs to be set!

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
138
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Alright, this isn't exactly easy to get or use.


yeah it is.

most pvp people have high levels.

But they pvp with low levels.

they go farm equipment with their high levels, put it in their shared bank, and have their low levels sell it. the low levels can easily get a couple hundred thousand gold if the high level farms wintertusk and puts the drops in the shared bank.

Talos isn't the only abuse. If treasures were level restricted so you could only use them if you were the level that you would have to be in order to get the spell for your normal deck then that would fix all the ranked pvp problems.

Same with using pet attacks like stormzilla or various school pets. They are all high level attacks and should be restricted in ranked pvp to people that are the required level to earn the spell for a regular card.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
259
Solstice64 wrote:
Though I don't think its a big problem, it should be level 55+. In fact, I think all treasures should be capped at the level you get them.

Great idea in my opinion, it will prevent a lot of low levels from getting their hands on Fire Dragons and stuff.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
tanda1 wrote:
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Alright, this isn't exactly easy to get or use.


yeah it is.

most pvp people have high levels.

But they pvp with low levels.

they go farm equipment with their high levels, put it in their shared bank, and have their low levels sell it. the low levels can easily get a couple hundred thousand gold if the high level farms wintertusk and puts the drops in the shared bank.

Talos isn't the only abuse. If treasures were level restricted so you could only use them if you were the level that you would have to be in order to get the spell for your normal deck then that would fix all the ranked pvp problems.

Same with using pet attacks like stormzilla or various school pets. They are all high level attacks and should be restricted in ranked pvp to people that are the required level to earn the spell for a regular card.
Or... Make an option for people who like mindless pvp and don't want to use the sideboard. You see with level gaps of 30 your idea of capping all cards is ridiculous at best IMO and off topic. This Thread is about one overpowered minion in case you didn't read the OP.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
278
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
Mimzkat101 wrote:
Alright, this isn't exactly easy to get or use.

The Talos cards at the Bazaar are expensive, at about 1000 gold apiece. They're at least expensive to a lower level player, who could buy a full set of gear with that money.
As Darth has already mentioned, obtaining this destructive creature is far too easy. One can earn gold in the waterworks quite easily to get 40 a day if not more. Also the card drop area's are highly farmed places so people sell off an army of Talos cards every day

Mimzkat101 wrote:
Talos is a five-pip spell. A low level player has 500 health and no power pip chance. Okay, maybe something like 2%. This takes 5 turns to get into play, and another 3 or so for it to use Minotaur. A perfect opportunity to hit, hit, hit. If, by some miracle, the opponent hasn't been defeated by then, one more hit and they (and Talos) are done.
Most of my initiates (600- 1000 health) have 25% power pips, a few have 30% with pet boosts. If I were to make a defensive deck with three Talos treasures in side there is no way anyone in my level range with a small deck could beat me from first or second, with the obvious exception of an VERY SKILLED individual with a damage multiplying short deck with a High level AOE side deck, and that means I shielded improperly. I'm saying that in the right hands this minion becomes very unfair to average and good low level players and incredibly horrifying to a beginner

Mimzkat101 wrote:
What I'm concerned about is Ghoul treasures turning into Deadly Minotaur. That's something to be worried about. Low level PvP has become overrun with spammers like that who have no sense of the phrase "honest victory".
I know KI is getting that fixed soon, but in the meantime, lower level PvP is not safe!
Agreed

Mimzkat101 wrote:
And finally, nice red font. Makes a person think of the word power. Try blue (infulence) next time.
What about RAINBOW?...Too much work?

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
76
I'm a level 10 myth and I have about 20% power pips with hoard stuff and pvp stuff. If I ever train my utility dragon, and get Ring Of Refreshment, that leaves me at 25%. A quarter chance at powering Talos more.
I don't use him anyway. Even though I have more then enough gold, he's not my type. I can Firezilla and go. Cat thug destroys him.
For those without crowns, you have my sympathy. He's a destructive maniac, a myths can power him. There's also x-pip ban, 58level spell ban, it's annoying. They are fine, you just need to learn how to work around them.
Kane Drake, Initiate Conjurer
PS: Colors make you stand out, yet simply make you stand about, typing things like boring code, it simply makes my head explode!
Nuff said.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
You need to level up before doing PvP, though it is inbalanced, pvp can still be fun if you are willing to deal with all the stress that is included. Nothing is stopping you from buying your own talos treasure cards.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1635
travisAk wrote:
  PvT  is an acronym for  players vs Talos in low level pvp.

 I want to once again bring up the issue of Talos being a highly abundant and overpowered treasure Card for low level pvp! I also have a few questions about it.

KI...

Why did you think it was a good idea to make a 1000 health minion available  for use against someone in pvp with 500 health points? 

 Talos is the most destructive card ever released for the balance of low level pvp IMO. Why is there 30 or more of them everytime I enter the bazaar?

 What is the point of level restrictions on polymorphs and handpack of doom minions when Talos is left to run around and ruin the integrity of pvp at lower levels? Correct me if I'm wrong but most HoD minions have less health and weaker spells than this mega minion.

 If you wanted this minion available to fight at all levels why would you give it spells like Minotaur which is a kill shot for a lower level player?

 I have been seeing more and more of people loading as many Talos treasure cards as they can in their sidedeck then using the turtle up, shield  and heal technique for cheap wins in low level pvp and It's really starting to make me mad.

 Talos is an overused, overpowered, Pre packaged exploit handed to us by the people at kingsisle and I believe it is upseting the balance of low level pvp. 

 Myth minion cyclops is one of the best in the game, what were they thinking when they introduced Talos as a myth spell with no cap?

 If you have a problem with The Talos treasure card In lower level pvp pls post here. It's these type on unchecked exploits that makes core players want to port out of wiZ and new players want to turn away from pvp.

 KI, pls check the fansites, there is a growing number of people that would like Talos capped or resticted low level pvp.

Justin Ashcloud-initiate balance
Justin Ashcloud-initiate life
Justin Ashcloud-initiate myth
Justin Ashcloud-initiate fire 
Justin Ashcloud-initiate death
Justin Ashcloud-initiate ice
Justin Ashcloud-initiate storm


 


Talos isn't really a big problem in pvp. If they can use treasure in pvp, then so can you. And if it's not ranked pvp then why should it matter?

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
278
Defender
Aug 07, 2010
107
I honestly have to disagree with you on this travisAk.

I consider lower lvl 30 and less btw some people have other views idk that is just me.

Ok, for starters, if you ban this card who is to say you shouldn't ban or cap every other card you receive? There are allot more cards that people complain about and yet they only use Talos. Why not say people should not be able to use treasure cards in general? That seeks the answer to your question I believe. Complaining about one card does not do a thing. A treasure card is a treasure card. Whether you receive it at lvl 5 or lvl 55.

Talos is a 5 pip card to cast correct? How do you let someone build up a 5 pip advantage over yourself? That shows you do not have strategy correct? I could easily get blades on my storm and a few traps, use shatter, and leave them defenseless. That's in 5 turns. See how I planned? I have tried this whole talos this strategy out on my own and it is easily countered if you think about it. Soo now I should have 5 pips and I used 3 so I have 2 left. If I wait another turn or maybe two I can use a shark or kracken while continuing to blade shield and so on. By that time they have probably wasted shields, treasures, and so forth. I can do 1400 damage the next round while they use talos and kill them.

To me I have come across many people using this strategy and only once have I lost and it was cause I went second and did not have cards to attack in my hand which is the luck of the draw not talos.

So in my opinion if this card should not have a lvl cap or be banned. You ban a card or cap it, people use that as another excuse to ban and it creates a domino effect and where will that stop? Then you have banning cards left and right and say "why not ban treasure cards from the game" and you see where things went down hill. KI added them to the game to make it fun and interesting.

In my opinion it makes gameplay interesting and challenges people to "prepare and expect the unexpected"

Anyway that is my take on the subject.

Blake NightWraith


Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
I don't really agree with any of these "Talos should be disabled posts" because I think that the low levels need a way to do PvP, but that's only my opinion.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
4
Solstice64 wrote:
Though I don't think its a big problem, it should be level 55+. In fact, I think all treasures should be capped at the level you get them.
i think it should br 50 and up cause at that time it wont be a big hit cause any school could critical and wipe it out one time..hopefully you guys understand

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
fx41001 wrote:
I honestly have to disagree with you on this travisAk.

I consider lower lvl 30 and less btw some people have other views idk that is just me.

Ok, for starters, if you ban this card who is to say you shouldn't ban or cap every other card you receive? There are allot more cards that people complain about and yet they only use Talos. Why not say people should not be able to use treasure cards in general? That seeks the answer to your question I believe. Complaining about one card does not do a thing. A treasure card is a treasure card. Whether you receive it at lvl 5 or lvl 55.

Talos is a 5 pip card to cast correct? How do you let someone build up a 5 pip advantage over yourself? That shows you do not have strategy correct? I could easily get blades on my storm and a few traps, use shatter, and leave them defenseless. That's in 5 turns. See how I planned? I have tried this whole talos this strategy out on my own and it is easily countered if you think about it. Soo now I should have 5 pips and I used 3 so I have 2 left. If I wait another turn or maybe two I can use a shark or kracken while continuing to blade shield and so on. By that time they have probably wasted shields, treasures, and so forth. I can do 1400 damage the next round while they use talos and kill them.

To me I have come across many people using this strategy and only once have I lost and it was cause I went second and did not have cards to attack in my hand which is the luck of the draw not talos.

So in my opinion if this card should not have a lvl cap or be banned. You ban a card or cap it, people use that as another excuse to ban and it creates a domino effect and where will that stop? Then you have banning cards left and right and say "why not ban treasure cards from the game" and you see where things went down hill. KI added them to the game to make it fun and interesting.

In my opinion it makes gameplay interesting and challenges people to "prepare and expect the unexpected"

Anyway that is my take on the subject.

Blake NightWraith

I thought like you did, before I deleted some legends and made some noobs... Even with great pets and mastery amulets...

1: With Crown gear at low levels especially pvp gear, pet with full spell proof/defy and spritely, you already have 1 tough wizard

2: At lower levels, do you know how much it takes to do over 1000 damage, especially to someone that has resistance? And one that heals... It takes a lot more than 5 pips...

So, say what you want, but it is a good thing that they made Talos a No PvP treasure card!