Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp worse then ever!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 19, 2010
12
Today the updates were added to live. I got myself ready and headed over to get my rank heading back to warlord. First couple matches ok I won one and lost one no big deal this I can handle then I go up against a life wiz what is his gear? JADE yup thats right from head to to! I was first he healed shielded and barely hit. His heal through doom and gloom was over 700! That match lasted an hour and a half and the only reason it didnt last longer was because I took a loss I should never of had to take! I was first even and got fed up with the long drawn out, mass resisted, mass heal boosted battle! KI this is to you I have played this game for a number of years. I have stuck up for you through thick and thin! I am not a teen I am a 50 year old woman who dont play because my kids got me into it (they dont play at all) but because I fell in love with this game and found it to be one of the coolest games I have ever seen. But this time I am so not happy and for those of you who want to say it is just a game and that I am to old to be upset over the jade gear problem dont bother! Each and every one of you have something that makes you angry so I dont want to hear it. KI how could you restrict the reshuffle and at the same time allow jade gear into the arena and not do what thousands of pvp fans have asked you to do? Yes you created and you run this game and with out you we wouldnt have this game but on the other foot with out us you wouldnt have this game! Pvp is no better and possibly worse then it was before. You say you are listening to us then prove it and really listen. Ask us,and let us why you do what you do! communicate please. I ask this because I dont want to lose this game. And if people start finding a new game to play because of all this then eventually that is what will happen. Thank you for hopefully reading this.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
89
I agree, not only did we not get to chose if we wanted to retire our wizards and keep our rank, now we all are reset back at zero and guess what, now we face an onslaught of rank 000 wizards with warlord/commander gear all being matched with experienced and inexperienced wizards, who btw, still won't fair well against this new onslaught.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2010
89
I also wanted to add to my previous post. Right now the PVP system is unplayable for any wizards that do not have the highlevel gear, as all those who do are now just quickly slaughtering us who don't. At least before most of the players in PVP who had the high-ranking gear fought amongst themselves and those of us who choose to play with our newer, or lower ranking wizards got mostly fair battles if 1v1. Now I can't play PVP at all unless I use my wizards that have the commander/warlord gear. Those without it are out of luck and won't be able to PVP until those with it rank up. Frustrating.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
2
I played the same guy today on my Myth. Full jade, high heal, used Guardian and high critical. I managed to get my cards in order by my third and last reshuffle to get the kill, but that should not change the fact that the reshuffle change was a really bad decision. It could have easily kept going on (he fortunately didn't have a life bubble available to counter my doom). I am an extremely experienced pvp'er, which was the only reason I was able to win. His outlast strategy will beat most and without reshuffle, less experienced players won't stand a chance.

KI - give us reshuffle back please!

Survivor
Jan 15, 2009
17
jasminedreamslinge... on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
Today the updates were added to live. I got myself ready and headed over to get my rank heading back to warlord. First couple matches ok I won one and lost one no big deal this I can handle then I go up against a life wiz what is his gear? JADE yup thats right from head to to! I was first he healed shielded and barely hit. His heal through doom and gloom was over 700! That match lasted an hour and a half and the only reason it didnt last longer was because I took a loss I should never of had to take! I was first even and got fed up with the long drawn out, mass resisted, mass heal boosted battle! KI this is to you I have played this game for a number of years. I have stuck up for you through thick and thin! I am not a teen I am a 50 year old woman who dont play because my kids got me into it (they dont play at all) but because I fell in love with this game and found it to be one of the coolest games I have ever seen. But this time I am so not happy and for those of you who want to say it is just a game and that I am to old to be upset over the jade gear problem dont bother! Each and every one of you have something that makes you angry so I dont want to hear it. KI how could you restrict the reshuffle and at the same time allow jade gear into the arena and not do what thousands of pvp fans have asked you to do? Yes you created and you run this game and with out you we wouldnt have this game but on the other foot with out us you wouldnt have this game! Pvp is no better and possibly worse then it was before. You say you are listening to us then prove it and really listen. Ask us,and let us why you do what you do! communicate please. I ask this because I dont want to lose this game. And if people start finding a new game to play because of all this then eventually that is what will happen. Thank you for hopefully reading this.
The funny thing is that you where a warlord so the fact that you can't even beat a life wizard means you probably havent pvped in a long time. Just stack your side deck with reshuffle and stop complaining.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
11
It sounds to me like none of you who are complaining truly know anything about pvp. You sound like you quest all the time then step to the arena and complain cause you have no idea what your doing. Years ago when there existed only dragonspyre you had to learn how to make a spell deck to be good at pvp now all people rely on is critical damage and power. ROTFL. I love to watch people like that come to the arena. I stomp you like you were nothing. Now they took away the ability to reshuffle over and over lol and that makes me laugh too cause if you knew how to build a spell deck you would know that you truly hardly ever need a reshuffle no matter who you face. Please complain more because I cannot wait to crush you in the arean and yes I will be laughing at your lack of skill as I do it. Oh yea and when you do lose please blame it on KI not on yourself for never learning what the arena was truly about. SPELL DECK BUILDING.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
848
As I have stated on multiple occasions,the problem isn't certain cards,or gear in pvp,but the way pvp itself is setup.KI's tried and broken process of simply nerfing each card when they get a glut of complaints,will never work. You can not balance a process that doesn't work by simply adjusting a single card or item here and there. Overhaul pvp from top to bottom,and the complaints and frustration will dim. If they need guidance, look to a card game powerhouse such as Magic the Gathering for inspiration. I realize a complete overhaul is a daunting task,and they are also probably loathe to spend the time and resources,but it is the only viable solution. The only other recourse is continue on their current path,and watch the complaints grow,the subscribers leave,and the profits dim.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
11
KI is doing a fine job with the spells. You all need to learn how to play pvp in this game and stop relying on other games you have played. I have no problem whatsoever and never have. Your playing wizard 101 try and remember that and please stop complaining about a great pvp system that you just dont seem to grasp the concept of

Survivor
Apr 13, 2012
8
jasminedreamslinge... on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
Today the updates were added to live. I got myself ready and headed over to get my rank heading back to warlord. First couple matches ok I won one and lost one no big deal this I can handle then I go up against a life wiz what is his gear? JADE yup thats right from head to to! I was first he healed shielded and barely hit. His heal through doom and gloom was over 700! That match lasted an hour and a half and the only reason it didnt last longer was because I took a loss I should never of had to take! I was first even and got fed up with the long drawn out, mass resisted, mass heal boosted battle! KI this is to you I have played this game for a number of years. I have stuck up for you through thick and thin! I am not a teen I am a 50 year old woman who dont play because my kids got me into it (they dont play at all) but because I fell in love with this game and found it to be one of the coolest games I have ever seen. But this time I am so not happy and for those of you who want to say it is just a game and that I am to old to be upset over the jade gear problem dont bother! Each and every one of you have something that makes you angry so I dont want to hear it. KI how could you restrict the reshuffle and at the same time allow jade gear into the arena and not do what thousands of pvp fans have asked you to do? Yes you created and you run this game and with out you we wouldnt have this game but on the other foot with out us you wouldnt have this game! Pvp is no better and possibly worse then it was before. You say you are listening to us then prove it and really listen. Ask us,and let us why you do what you do! communicate please. I ask this because I dont want to lose this game. And if people start finding a new game to play because of all this then eventually that is what will happen. Thank you for hopefully reading this.
I understand where you are coming from with the whole jade gear crazy resist thing, but I can't say I hate jade gear because of the fact that I want jade gear myself. so, I guess you could say that I am neutral on the topic

-Michael fire breaker level 90

didn't feel like quoting this time

Survivor
Aug 02, 2010
9
Pvp isnt really fixed and it will get worse now you have lvl 5 wizards with warlord gear now lvl can critical puppet wasnt really fixed you still can puppet. Yes jade gear is getting really annoying last week battled a storm with jade gear . KI just made pvp worse and with the whole reshuffle thing people are stacking up to 10 to 6 reshuffles in there deck so battles are even longer. I believe that pvp is dead it will never be the same

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
6
i don't think it should be more about level for who you are against cause i was against 2 captains in a 3v3 when all 3 on my team had less than 500 points still and since everyones points got reset we keep being smashed by people with the pvp gear.btw my sis thinks the pvp gear should be available with crowns.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
7
AliaDragonwalker on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
It sounds to me like none of you who are complaining truly know anything about pvp. You sound like you quest all the time then step to the arena and complain cause you have no idea what your doing. Years ago when there existed only dragonspyre you had to learn how to make a spell deck to be good at pvp now all people rely on is critical damage and power. ROTFL. I love to watch people like that come to the arena. I stomp you like you were nothing. Now they took away the ability to reshuffle over and over lol and that makes me laugh too cause if you knew how to build a spell deck you would know that you truly hardly ever need a reshuffle no matter who you face. Please complain more because I cannot wait to crush you in the arean and yes I will be laughing at your lack of skill as I do it. Oh yea and when you do lose please blame it on KI not on yourself for never learning what the arena was truly about. SPELL DECK BUILDING.
I tottaly agree with you man.

Survivor
May 20, 2011
2
pansage on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
i don't think it should be more about level for who you are against cause i was against 2 captains in a 3v3 when all 3 on my team had less than 500 points still and since everyones points got reset we keep being smashed by people with the pvp gear.btw my sis thinks the pvp gear should be available with crowns.
i totally agree with pansage that the pvp gear should be able to be bought with crowns and i think allot of people would buy it if it was in the crown shop

thx for listening :)

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
48
It's AWFUL. I'm level 82 going up against wizards that are level 89 and above! I thought level was an important part in matchmaking? Apparently not, I've lost 5 games, and all of them were level 90 wizards. This is completely BOGUS.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
6
pansage on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
i don't think it should be more about level for who you are against cause i was against 2 captains in a 3v3 when all 3 on my team had less than 500 points still and since everyones points got reset we keep being smashed by people with the pvp gear.btw my sis thinks the pvp gear should be available with crowns.
lol i meant to add on the end of this (and so do I but not as much as her) :P

Survivor
Nov 15, 2010
3
All I have to say is that if people where nice! And not nasty and say some of the things that I have seen just on this board today pvp would be a better game. Is it so hard for people to be kind, say good game and thank you.
And yes I play pvp and I am a warlord I always try to be nice and I never say your noob. One of the thing I hate to see.

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
41
crackerjack323 on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
The funny thing is that you where a warlord so the fact that you can't even beat a life wizard means you probably havent pvped in a long time. Just stack your side deck with reshuffle and stop complaining.
It sounds like your calling life weak........................

Wolf Nightcaller balance lvl 90 1st age warlord
Talon Spiritfinder life lvl 82 1st age captain
Wolf Sunwalker fire lvl 71 1st age knight
Wolf Nightcaller myth lvl 11 1st age commander

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
91
hmm for some reason i always wanted to know: why do theurgist mostly wear that gear isn't it gear for every school that will be all lol but i really don't have a problem with the jade gear i just hit as high as i can and pierce and shatter then kill in 1 hit (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
3
AliaDragonwalker on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
It sounds to me like none of you who are complaining truly know anything about pvp. You sound like you quest all the time then step to the arena and complain cause you have no idea what your doing. Years ago when there existed only dragonspyre you had to learn how to make a spell deck to be good at pvp now all people rely on is critical damage and power. ROTFL. I love to watch people like that come to the arena. I stomp you like you were nothing. Now they took away the ability to reshuffle over and over lol and that makes me laugh too cause if you knew how to build a spell deck you would know that you truly hardly ever need a reshuffle no matter who you face. Please complain more because I cannot wait to crush you in the arean and yes I will be laughing at your lack of skill as I do it. Oh yea and when you do lose please blame it on KI not on yourself for never learning what the arena was truly about. SPELL DECK BUILDING.
Oh look, another person with jade gear

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
65
crackerjack323 on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
The funny thing is that you where a warlord so the fact that you can't even beat a life wizard means you probably havent pvped in a long time. Just stack your side deck with reshuffle and stop complaining.
The school of someone doesn't mean they're an easy match.

Life wizards are more balanced towards other schools now. Some life wizards are smart and spam life dispels on you to keep you from healing, plus the gnome spell also prevents you from healing for 2 turns.

Yes life is probably considered the "least deadly school" right now, but believe me, things are changing.

Besides, life wizards with high resist can probably outlast every other school healing spell wise.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
i would just like to point out that for those of you who suggest 50 pierce and doom and gloom, well doom and gloom effects you to so if a life wizard decides to cast gnome and you put doom and gloom up to mess with HIS heals well your the one thats in trouble if he decides to go forward with the attack. also if i were a life wizard with jade gear i would have fortify(extra 15 resistance for 4 rounds) and earthquake to deeal with all your pierce blades and normal blades as well as clense to deal with your traps. also i would have maxed out reshuffles and some attack cards but mainly a lot of heals and defensive cards. so you think you can beat that you go ahead and try because ill win every time.

Survivor
May 21, 2013
43
i know this is a dumb question but i just have to ask when people do ranked pvp and they get the warlord status by the commander robe and get the magma collosus pet then what do they do since they probably won't do practice and people that only play the game for pvp i just wanna know what will you do after you have achieved all of that in ranked and don't say do it all again on another wizard because i mean if you have done it on every school then what will you do then! XD i know this is completely off topic but i really wanna know especially from someone who only pvp's (Blaze ravenmender level 59 Blaze moonmender promethean)

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
people who complain about jade should go to lvl 1 pvp or learn this thing called strategy

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
crackerjack323 on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
The funny thing is that you where a warlord so the fact that you can't even beat a life wizard means you probably havent pvped in a long time. Just stack your side deck with reshuffle and stop complaining.
You want us to stop complaining about a system that is broken? We complain because we want a fix, if you do not like it, do not read it. And it takes up space for reshuffle and 80 universal resist, 60+ heal boost, is insane. Please explain how it is fair.