Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp win percentage should be shown

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
58
I think that KI can keep the regular ranking system (if they want), but I think they should at least show a player's win percentage. Because really, your skill is your win to loss ratio; not staying 25 wins above your loss count. For instance, in my opinion, a warlord with 75 wins and 12 losses is going to be a much more challenging opponent than someone with 356 wins and 300 losses. Both of these people would be warlords, but it is clear who is better.
Showing someone's win percentage right next to their wins and losses would be a good asset to the game I think.

Feedback is greatly appreciated

Seth Legend 88
Blake Fireshade 76
Jesse Thunderstrider 30

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
sethlegendperson on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
I think that KI can keep the regular ranking system (if they want), but I think they should at least show a player's win percentage. Because really, your skill is your win to loss ratio; not staying 25 wins above your loss count. For instance, in my opinion, a warlord with 75 wins and 12 losses is going to be a much more challenging opponent than someone with 356 wins and 300 losses. Both of these people would be warlords, but it is clear who is better.
Showing someone's win percentage right next to their wins and losses would be a good asset to the game I think.

Feedback is greatly appreciated

Seth Legend 88
Blake Fireshade 76
Jesse Thunderstrider 30
It is not necessarily true that a warlord with a better win loss ratio is a better player. At higher ranks, the matches get much harder, making it difficult to keep a good record. A player that has been stuck at a certain rating for a while might be just as good as someone that just got there with zero losses. It just depends on luck of who the players battle. It would be kind of interesting to be able to see the w/l ratio, though.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
58
Aaron SpellThief on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
It is not necessarily true that a warlord with a better win loss ratio is a better player. At higher ranks, the matches get much harder, making it difficult to keep a good record. A player that has been stuck at a certain rating for a while might be just as good as someone that just got there with zero losses. It just depends on luck of who the players battle. It would be kind of interesting to be able to see the w/l ratio, though.
I know that, but there aren't THAT many difficult matches if your good at pvp...my storm takes down warlords all the time; it isn't too bad. I certainly don't think it affects your win/loss ratio by over fifty percent

Seth Legend

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
sethlegendperson on Feb 3, 2014 wrote:
I know that, but there aren't THAT many difficult matches if your good at pvp...my storm takes down warlords all the time; it isn't too bad. I certainly don't think it affects your win/loss ratio by over fifty percent

Seth Legend
My balance is at 2358 rating currently. I have lost many matches to level 95 ranked down privates. It is not a matter of skill against these players, rather the luck of blocking critical, and whether they find shrike or not. Nothing can guarantee a win when a player is battling someone 45 levels higher than him/her.

Explorer
Dec 18, 2009
58
Aaron SpellThief on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
My balance is at 2358 rating currently. I have lost many matches to level 95 ranked down privates. It is not a matter of skill against these players, rather the luck of blocking critical, and whether they find shrike or not. Nothing can guarantee a win when a player is battling someone 45 levels higher than him/her.
Well, that's just something that KI needs to address. I completely agree; blading for two turns, casting shrike, and then one hitting someone definitely is not strategy...

Seth Legend