Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pvp Warlord

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
8
ok so i really want to be a pvp war lord but now i am a 450 private do any of those warlords out there have tips on how to get up there??????? Thanks so much
Wolf Deathorn Trancended Diviner

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
43
flak98 wrote:
ok so i really want to be a pvp war lord but now i am a 450 private do any of those warlords out there have tips on how to get up there??????? Thanks so much
Wolf Deathorn Trancended Diviner


Well, for starters do you have colossal? every storm basically needs it to get to warlord.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
441
flak98 wrote:
ok so i really want to be a pvp war lord but now i am a 450 private do any of those warlords out there have tips on how to get up there??????? Thanks so much
Wolf Deathorn Trancended Diviner
well you have to think about what you train with your training points. my storm currently is lvl 43 has trained ice to tower shield, balance to weakness and am planning on getting sun to colossal. use colossal AND gargantuan on lightning bats storm shark, kracken and snake. always have use convert if you opponent has a shield but only right before they are about to attack. have shields and always pack pixie. i have met many storm warlords who do this.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
5
:) Well Mr Storm,

I am a level 70 Death Wizard and Warlord with over 2000 fights.

Storm has alot of power, being a Death Champion myself...I have found that a Storm Wizard definitly needs life..if you have healing spells and the dual amulet that would help ya. Pack your bolts, also a Storm Minion heals too so pack a few of those.

Avoid fighting us Death cause we rule ha ha ha

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
387
spam spam spam, set your deck with bolts storm blades and tritons plus kraken depending if you have gargantuan or colossal.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
1
flak98 wrote:
ok so i really want to be a pvp war lord but now i am a 450 private do any of those warlords out there have tips on how to get up there??????? Thanks so much
Wolf Deathorn Trancended Diviner

hey bro wanna get warlord so fast btw this is gonna be fastest way at 3:30 central time meet me in realm satyr area 1 in arena my myth lvl 1 warlord has been ranking all of my friends forever bro his rating is unbelivable me and my bro is beast like me if u wanna join bro just message me my name is wolf lifegiver for my backup and my main's are balance is wolf deathmancer my fire is luke dragonflame my bro is joshua seaflame he is fire and hunter soulslinger he storm my bros are kane icerunner he ice and luis legendblade we been in 4v4 tourneys for a lot of time we fought dierdre 4v4 queen allot but besides this meet me in the realm SATYR AREA 1 IN ARENA ok? have fun bro i will be seeing u if you want to join our clan it is the darkest night see ya soon dude have fun and good luck
if you want to play with us then meet me and my bros there k?
have fun dude hope we meet :D u gonna need help then i give it to anyone who needs it so yep we dont quit till we have to get off or gotta lvl for a new spell so yep bye remember realm satyr area 1 k bye

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
7
flak98 wrote:
ok so i really want to be a pvp war lord but now i am a 450 private do any of those warlords out there have tips on how to get up there??????? Thanks so much
Wolf Deathorn Trancended Diviner
storm should basically never 1v1 stick to fighting with a team....

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
scorpion321123 wrote:
flak98 wrote:
ok so i really want to be a pvp war lord but now i am a 450 private do any of those warlords out there have tips on how to get up there??????? Thanks so much
Wolf Deathorn Trancended Diviner
storm should basically never 1v1 stick to fighting with a team....
Actually, i've killed many a Warlord in 1v1. Make sure to use Colossal. Strike fast with Enchanted Krakens and such, but make sure you can change tactics if need be.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
flak98 wrote:
ok so i really want to be a pvp war lord but now i am a 450 private do any of those warlords out there have tips on how to get up there??????? Thanks so much
Wolf Deathorn Trancended Diviner


Flak98,

Just a few quick suggestions...
1. Get all the Warter works gear (don't care how long it takes, get it).
2. Get the Ring and Athame with the best hit, critical block and heal that you can.
3. Get a pet with Spell Proof, Spell Defy, Pain giver, and Spritely or Pips.
(Yep, you gotta hatch to get it... maybe many times).
4. Get a wand that give you good critical defense, or the life wand.
5. Get the life amulet and learn up to Satyr.
6. Learn the Fire Elf from Fire, then go get the TC convert card to make Storm Elf and stack some in your side deck.
7. Stack your side deck with Gar'ed attacks (a good mix), Heals, shields and infection, plus Reshuffle if you have not learned it.
8. Use a fast tempo, that is what Storm is all about, as the others stated, attack as fast as you can, and push infection before and after an attack.
9. Have shields in deck and in TC side, you have to shield, infect, and Weakness while building pips. Keep a smaller deck, so you can get what you want when you need it.
10. Don't try to turtle, build your deck to be agressive, and finally, just try to have fun. After my first two hours, my rating was way way below yours...

Joe.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
How most warlords got this:
Get their level 1 wizards to join their team. The level 1's are going to use TC blades and boost up the level 70. The end of story.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
joujou11cool wrote:
How most warlords got this:
Get their level 1 wizards to join their team. The level 1's are going to use TC blades and boost up the level 70. The end of story.
Sorry, but kind of a cheap strategy.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
Lion359 wrote:
flak98 wrote:
ok so i really want to be a pvp war lord but now i am a 450 private do any of those warlords out there have tips on how to get up there??????? Thanks so much
Wolf Deathorn Trancended Diviner


Flak98,

Just a few quick suggestions...
1. Get all the Warter works gear (don't care how long it takes, get it).
2. Get the Ring and Athame with the best hit, critical block and heal that you can.
3. Get a pet with Spell Proof, Spell Defy, Pain giver, and Spritely or Pips.
(Yep, you gotta hatch to get it... maybe many times).
4. Get a wand that give you good critical defense, or the life wand.
5. Get the life amulet and learn up to Satyr.
6. Learn the Fire Elf from Fire, then go get the TC convert card to make Storm Elf and stack some in your side deck.
7. Stack your side deck with Gar'ed attacks (a good mix), Heals, shields and infection, plus Reshuffle if you have not learned it.
8. Use a fast tempo, that is what Storm is all about, as the others stated, attack as fast as you can, and push infection before and after an attack.
9. Have shields in deck and in TC side, you have to shield, infect, and Weakness while building pips. Keep a smaller deck, so you can get what you want when you need it.
10. Don't try to turtle, build your deck to be agressive, and finally, just try to have fun. After my first two hours, my rating was way way below yours...

Joe.
good advice lion. Op should pay attention to this post, helpful info.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
travisAk wrote:
Lion359 wrote:
flak98 wrote:
ok so i really want to be a pvp war lord but now i am a 450 private do any of those warlords out there have tips on how to get up there??????? Thanks so much
Wolf Deathorn Trancended Diviner


Flak98,

Just a few quick suggestions...
1. Get all the Warter works gear (don't care how long it takes, get it).
2. Get the Ring and Athame with the best hit, critical block and heal that you can.
3. Get a pet with Spell Proof, Spell Defy, Pain giver, and Spritely or Pips.
(Yep, you gotta hatch to get it... maybe many times).
4. Get a wand that give you good critical defense, or the life wand.
5. Get the life amulet and learn up to Satyr.
6. Learn the Fire Elf from Fire, then go get the TC convert card to make Storm Elf and stack some in your side deck.
7. Stack your side deck with Gar'ed attacks (a good mix), Heals, shields and infection, plus Reshuffle if you have not learned it.
8. Use a fast tempo, that is what Storm is all about, as the others stated, attack as fast as you can, and push infection before and after an attack.
9. Have shields in deck and in TC side, you have to shield, infect, and Weakness while building pips. Keep a smaller deck, so you can get what you want when you need it.
10. Don't try to turtle, build your deck to be agressive, and finally, just try to have fun. After my first two hours, my rating was way way below yours...

Joe.
good advice lion. Op should pay attention to this post, helpful info.

------------------

I don't get it, first Darthjt decides to
control his assaults and the way he states
his comments. Next, Darthjt does a 180
on a ton of his statements and reverses what
he has stated in the past. Now, it appears
that Travis may be paying me a compliment.
What is going on lately, I think I'm
going to have a brain meltdown if this
keeps up........

Joe or maybe not, I may be changing too??

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
125
i know it may not be the best way (or the most liked), but you should get a team of all storms and just everyturn all of you do temp. no joke. i am a fire and hate it! al lot of others due too! it gets on our nerves because it works so well

Sean Fireblood Lvl 70 Fire (no longer a warlord because of temp spammers :-P)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Lion,

I have not done a 180. I am simply advancing my thoughts as the game progresses. As the game advances and changes, so must thoughts, strategies, defenses, and offenses. If you don't think clearly and look at things objectively and unbiased to any specific school, then you wont see what I see. I have stated this time and time again.

Most people hate change and don't embrace it, most people don't want to change the way they play, think, or strategize. However, at some point, all schools have to.

If you take a look, I have made some posts, with new spells and ideas for upcoming updates and new worlds. As you will see, it starts making every school in the spiral even more powerful and even more equalized.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
darthjt wrote:
Lion,

I have not done a 180. I am simply advancing my thoughts as the game progresses. As the game advances and changes, so must thoughts, strategies, defenses, and offenses. If you don't think clearly and look at things objectively and unbiased to any specific school, then you wont see what I see. I have stated this time and time again.

Most people hate change and don't embrace it, most people don't want to change the way they play, think, or strategize. However, at some point, all schools have to.

If you take a look, I have made some posts, with new spells and ideas for upcoming updates and new worlds. As you will see, it starts making every school in the spiral even more powerful and even more equalized.


I call this a 180.....
-----------------------------------------------
Hey Pvping a balance is so UNFAIR! , posted on Player vs Player, at Feb/19/2011 05:16 PM, by darthjt
jmcjmc1 wrote:
It's not me it's mostly everyone else on the message boards. First of all, if you can't beat a balance you NEED to change your strategy. Everyone on the PvP message board are saying "when you get in a battle with a balance your dead", and "Well when I face a balance I'm like free points for you!". Also this one "there is no shields for balance there is just the dispel so that is not fair" Yeah, there is no shield for balance but ever heard of the tower shield? Train for ice, buy treasure cards but if you think the training points shouldn't be used for that or you don't want to waste your gold on treasure cards stop wasting other peoples time

I quite agree jmc, people do need to learn how to play or what to do, rather than whine and complain all the time. People have many options, but they come here instead, hoping for a quick fix to their shortcomings. People want things handed to them on a silver platter. I can't beat them, therefore they are too powerful, so fix this KI. TravisAK is a prime example of this with his ICE Rantings.

Then you have a lot of others with their rantings on Balance. Which is why I am so BLUNT and rude. IF you can't figure it out, go play pac man or chutes and ladders, because this game is not for babies!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Lion,

I have not done a 180. I am simply advancing my thoughts as the game progresses. As the game advances and changes, so must thoughts, strategies, defenses, and offenses. If you don't think clearly and look at things objectively and unbiased to any specific school, then you wont see what I see. I have stated this time and time again.

Most people hate change and don't embrace it, most people don't want to change the way they play, think, or strategize. However, at some point, all schools have to.

If you take a look, I have made some posts, with new spells and ideas for upcoming updates and new worlds. As you will see, it starts making every school in the spiral even more powerful and even more equalized.


I call this a 180.....
-----------------------------------------------
Hey Pvping a balance is so UNFAIR! , posted on Player vs Player, at Feb/19/2011 05:16 PM, by darthjt
jmcjmc1 wrote:
It's not me it's mostly everyone else on the message boards. First of all, if you can't beat a balance you NEED to change your strategy. Everyone on the PvP message board are saying "when you get in a battle with a balance your dead", and "Well when I face a balance I'm like free points for you!". Also this one "there is no shields for balance there is just the dispel so that is not fair" Yeah, there is no shield for balance but ever heard of the tower shield? Train for ice, buy treasure cards but if you think the training points shouldn't be used for that or you don't want to waste your gold on treasure cards stop wasting other peoples time

I quite agree jmc, people do need to learn how to play or what to do, rather than whine and complain all the time. People have many options, but they come here instead, hoping for a quick fix to their shortcomings. People want things handed to them on a silver platter. I can't beat them, therefore they are too powerful, so fix this KI. TravisAK is a prime example of this with his ICE Rantings.

Then you have a lot of others with their rantings on Balance. Which is why I am so BLUNT and rude. IF you can't figure it out, go play pac man or chutes and ladders, because this game is not for babies!
-------------------------------------------------------------


That message was posted a year ago. You don't think or see all of the changes in the game and how they effect schools and the balance of the schools?

If nothing ever changed in this game, if new spells were not introduced, if new aspects were not created, then yes, I would stand by my words. However, there has been a lot of changes, newer spells, armor piercing, changes in boosts, etc.

Sorry, but when things change, changes need to be made also to keep balance, this is not doing a 180, this is being realistic and being open minded, which most people, obviously are not.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
Darthjt,

Say what you want, a 180 is a 180, no matter what the reason.

The game hasn't changed all that much, all the Wizards get Infallible, etc. The new spells have really only changed Life to any great degree.
Ice did improve with it's spell and resistance, but they needed that with the new release to adjust for Wintertusk.
Death, Balance, and Storm are still sitting just about where they were.

Everything is just as Balanced as it was before the release.
You pvp, you should know that better than anyone.

Now, tell me this, KI is the one with all the information as far as what's going on in the Test Realm and the live game. You on the other hand can only observe a small fraction of the game, and make educated guesses.
This is also clouded by how you play the game, and how you see the game.
What makes you think you can make better decisions on what W101 needs, than KI?

Just a thought....trying t keep that elusive open mind.
Joe.


Survivor
Oct 14, 2010
2
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
How most warlords got this:
Get their level 1 wizards to join their team. The level 1's are going to use TC blades and boost up the level 70. The end of story.
Sorry, but kind of a cheap strategy.

It may be cheap, but it works wonders for any school. :)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Lion359 wrote:
Darthjt,

Say what you want, a 180 is a 180, no matter what the reason.


Ok, we are driving to a specific destination. The road we planned on using is closed due to massive damage. You, decide not to go, and do a 180.
I however, have the same destination, therefore, I adapt and take a different road. I have not done a 180, but simply made a detour.

The game hasn't changed all that much, all the Wizards get Infallible, etc. The new spells have really only changed Life to any great degree.


Seriously? You don't see Myth's new Dragon spell as a danger, or do you simply mean, Myth was dangerous enough as it was, they are just even more so now.

Storms: Weak, not worth the pips (Especially in PvP)
Fire: It's Hot! watch out for the lava.
Ice: Powerful single attack with stun, however, Gtar is right, the new gear seriously lowers Ice Accuracy and Power. Funny how 88-89% accuracy fizzles most of the time. hmmm
Myth & Life are already discussed.
Death: A quite powerful drain spell that leaves an infection. But of course, for some reason, you don't see death as powerful in PvP.
Balance: Even more ways for Balance to attack now. Good luck getting all of them shields placed to protect yourself and careful, because shatter is an easy spell to use to remove all those shields you do place. How many shields can you carry?

Ice did improve with it's spell and resistance, but they needed that with the new release to adjust for Wintertusk.
Death, Balance, and Storm are still sitting just about where they were.

Already covered these.

Everything is just as Balanced as it was before the release.


Wait, that is a contradiction, is it not? Ice needed the better armor to adjust for Wintertusk. Life is more powerful now with gnomes spell. Yet, everything is just as Balanced as it was before? You mean, not balanced, or UnBalanced? Hence, the reasons for my posts, my ideas, my spells.

You pvp, you should know that better than anyone.


Yes, which is why I am not trying to take things away from any school, not trying to get spells weakened or changed. I am trying to add new things, improve the game, make things balanced by adding, not taking away or changing things.


Now, tell me this, KI is the one with all the information as far as what's going on in the Test Realm and the live game. You on the other hand can only observe a small fraction of the game, and make educated guesses.
This is also clouded by how you play the game, and how you see the game.
What makes you think you can make better decisions on what W101 needs, than KI?


Well, let's see, how many times, have I said something, spoke up about something, forcasted what will or did happen? Hmmm let me think.
Stuns, WildBolt, Polymorph, Shatter, Talos, and now Armor Piercing.



Just a thought....trying t keep that elusive open mind.
Joe.



My mind is open Joe, I want to keep this a great and fun game for all. Not by removing things or changing exsisting things, by adding things. It makes you have to defend yourself from all the different possibilities.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957

Qutoe Darthjt, "Ok, we are driving to a specific destination. The road we planned on using is closed due to massive damage. You, decide not to go, and do a 180.
I however, have the same destination, therefore, I adapt and take a different road. I have not done a 180, but simply made a detour."

Darthjt,

On myth, I just meant they were a real danger before and even more now.

On the above statement, let me put it a bit differently.
Ok, we are driving to a specific destination.
We are driving from Point A to Point B, we need to get to Point B.
The road we planned on using is closed due to massive damage. You, decide not to go, and do a 180 (so now we are heading to point A).
I however, have the same destination, therefore, I adapt and take a different road. I have not done a 180, but simply made a detour."
The detour in your case is taking you back to Point A, that's my point.

Or put a different way, you say we don't need a Balance shield, and then later you say we do, you have reversed your direction. I call that a 180, because you are no longer driving to the town called (we don't need a tower shield). :)

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Lion359 wrote:

Quote Darthjt, "Ok, we are driving to a specific destination. The road we planned on using is closed due to massive damage. You, decide not to go, and do a 180.
I however, have the same destination, therefore, I adapt and take a different road. I have not done a 180, but simply made a detour."

Darthjt,

On myth, I just meant they were a real danger before and even more now.

On the above statement, let me put it a bit differently.
Ok, we are driving to a specific destination.
We are driving from Point A to Point B, we need to get to Point B.
The road we planned on using is closed due to massive damage. You, decide not to go, and do a 180 (so now we are heading to point A).
I however, have the same destination, therefore, I adapt and take a different road. I have not done a 180, but simply made a detour."
The detour in your case is taking you back to Point A, that's my point.

Or put a different way, you say we don't need a Balance shield, and then later you say we do, you have reversed your direction. I call that a 180, because you are no longer driving to the town called (we don't need a tower shield). :)

Joe.


Herein lies the problem Joe. Maybe you can see the error of your ways after this explanation.

I am driving to the advancement of the game, to the town called Transcended and then the next title, which ever title they have chosen.

Now, we both started out taking the same route, the road called, balance does not need a balance school specific shield. It was a lovely road, some bumps, and some traffic, but not too bad. The closer we get to our destination though, we come to a fork in the road. The road we were using looks impassible and extremely dangerous to continue on that road. However there is an extention that leads to the same destination. This road is called, a 50% balance school specific shield. Yes, it is for later levels, considering we have driven this far, but for the rest of the drive, this looks, feels, and is the best road to take.

You are driving to the destination of Balance school shield not needed. You are staying the course. I advise extreme care, because Tornados, earthquakes, volcanos, blizzards, hurricanes, and all other kinds of hazards are forcasted for this road.

Good luck, hope you make it, but surviving this onslaught, the odds of survival are almost nill. Drive slowly and keep a close eye on black ice while driving.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
957
Darthjt quote"Good luck, hope you make it, but surviving this onslaught, the odds of survival are almost nill. Drive slowly and keep a close eye on black ice while driving. "

Darthjt,

Not to worry, being highly skilled, I will make it.

Joe..... :)

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
49
csbratz wrote:
bionaknight wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
How most warlords got this:
Get their level 1 wizards to join their team. The level 1's are going to use TC blades and boost up the level 70. The end of story.
Sorry, but kind of a cheap strategy.

It may be cheap, but it works wonders for any school. :)


If you fail at Transcended PvP, then you'll probably fail in puppet teaming as well.

Hope the Knights Who Say NI catch you and make you spend a couple hours in a match before you lose.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
9
I am a lvl 70 fire and have done 50 pvp battles, and i am still private. Can someone help me?

1