Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Tournaments

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 05, 2011
I've been seeing various topics on Central and here on tournaments, and how buggy they are.

I have some ideas on ways for them to be fixed:

Have the tournament judging be based on healing, damage dealt and teamwork (if it's a 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4).

Give the tournaments a level maximum and minimum. I found some guys on W101 Central who had a team of levels 58-68, and in the tournament that they signed up for, faced all Level 90s. This needs to be fixed. It seems to be a form of "Puppet Matching", if I dare say so. They requested that they get their crowns back, due to unfair matches and were denied.

There also is one problem that I encountered: Matching based on level. I went into a PvP match with my Legendary Ice wizard, who is a Private in PvP. He was pitted up against a wizard within his level, but the other wizard was a Warlord. He also had another Warlord who seemed all too talkative in the spectator's stands. I have a suspicion that she was using the Spectator's view to cheat for the other Warlord.

With that, there's one more thing: One side has people that are cheating for that side. I know, the way to do this is "Turn off spectator mode". Yes, but this doesn't always work. It only does this for the wizards who turn it off, not the other ones who are cheating for the one side. I think that the entire Spectator mode should be removed.

Just acting as a concerned player.

-Mark DeathMask, 85
-Rachel StormSword, 70
-Andrew SpiritStrider, 62

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Markodeath1337 on Aug 10, 2013 wrote:
I've been seeing various topics on Central and here on tournaments, and how buggy they are.

I have some ideas on ways for them to be fixed:

Have the tournament judging be based on healing, damage dealt and teamwork (if it's a 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4).

Give the tournaments a level maximum and minimum. I found some guys on W101 Central who had a team of levels 58-68, and in the tournament that they signed up for, faced all Level 90s. This needs to be fixed. It seems to be a form of "Puppet Matching", if I dare say so. They requested that they get their crowns back, due to unfair matches and were denied.

There also is one problem that I encountered: Matching based on level. I went into a PvP match with my Legendary Ice wizard, who is a Private in PvP. He was pitted up against a wizard within his level, but the other wizard was a Warlord. He also had another Warlord who seemed all too talkative in the spectator's stands. I have a suspicion that she was using the Spectator's view to cheat for the other Warlord.

With that, there's one more thing: One side has people that are cheating for that side. I know, the way to do this is "Turn off spectator mode". Yes, but this doesn't always work. It only does this for the wizards who turn it off, not the other ones who are cheating for the one side. I think that the entire Spectator mode should be removed.

Just acting as a concerned player.

-Mark DeathMask, 85
-Rachel StormSword, 70
-Andrew SpiritStrider, 62
Spectator mode does not allow you to cheat. If a spell is cloaked or fizzles, the spectator can not see it. If a pet casts a heal, the spectator can see the spell that the person was going to use, but since everyone has to have used their spells for a pet to heal, this does not help or hurt anyone.